Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #51
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

View Post Originally Posted by King Hoopla
If all of you guys hate webkinz so much, then why did you join WI in the first place?

---------- King Hoopla added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later ----------

I wish everyone would stop complaining so much.
its not that people hate webkinz, we (at least i) feel like we are not getting our monies worth as it is. now they want more money *tsk tsk tsk*. as for people "complaining" we are just voicing our opinions as is our god given right . people need to be able to "get stuff off their chest" and have friendly people let them know they are not the only ones feeling that way, without feeling like someone is going to tell them not to do it.

anyway thats just my opinion
ajoysmom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #52
HEY! I'M BACKERSSSS!
Webkinz :)

Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Franks
Its not our problems they are the ones losing here! The higher the price the less the customers, face it Ganz!
That is what I said before and also today I bought an Alley Cat for $15 this is insane!
Franks is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #53
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzRockPup
Ganz shouldn't raise the prices on pets. They need to know that lots of people are short on money and they can't afford high priced gifts. Instead of raising the price how about lowering the price for pets so people will buy more for the holidays. Also, does anyone agree that Ganz should sell retired pets in the e-store? $12.99 for a retired pet is better than $30-$1,200 dollars.
welcome to WI this is the best site EVER . if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask me or any one of the awesome and friendly members. you can also check out the FAQ and Rules section located under the daisy at the top of the screen. also id like to say i agree with you, ganz should sell the retired pets in the estore OR make lil kinz of some of them. id totally buy a lil pegasus or cheeky dog/cat etc. anyway welcome again
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #54
1956monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

This increase seems to follow inflation. While unfortunately timed, leading into the holidays, I suspect that it is a step taken by Ganz thanks to material and labor costs. I do hope that the virtual Kinz prices hold steady on weekends and Wednesdays.

I consider that a number of retailers in my area run a gamut of prices so I'll hope for the best and brace for the worst.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #55
funnygirlz

funnygirlz is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya unfortunately, everything is getting more expensive it seems. The new, new Webkinz will be expensive, but I've seen some of the older ones for BOGO! Sweet!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #56
chetgecko

geckomom is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Server Upgrade Test!

Not sure where to post this, but here is what I am seeing when I try to sign in now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpgupgrade.JPG (117.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #57
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Price point is one of the things that makes Webkinz so popular. It's affordable and fun.

"Affordable" as in, the cost of an initial plush is not that bad considering some other toys' costs whose prices to continue playing with them is a high-ticket value (videogames, LEGO, Calico Critters, etc).

If GANZ's site and plush toys were perfect, or at least had minimal problems, I would say that they're somewhat justified in raising the prices on a quality product considering their marketability.

But the site is always down, glitching or broken, the toys are often deformed and coming apart at the seams, and GANZ's sales attitude towards its loyal retailers is less than stellar (we're still waiting for September releases at our stores and it's almost the end of November). Add all this to them wanting to release way more pets per month than anyone is willing to afford in the first place, and they want to increase the price? I can see many people just dropping this altogether.

Anything purchased at the eStore is money thrown away. It costs real hard cash and you can't even sell it back within WW to get KC for anything: in other words, you're stuck with it. You don't even have anything to show for all these purchases if the site ever gets discontinued. Nothing whatsoever.

I can understand how production costs require more income to maintain. But as I said before, if the site was a real quality site and the product was real quality product, then it would be OK... But raising the prices on the pets at this point is just plain greedy.,... and GANZ is as greedy as companies get.

They are shooting themselves in the foot.
likmfurry is offline Male
Old 11-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #58

tink my doxen is a jewel in the roughtink my doxen is a jewel in the rough

UGHH! they are already 17.99! that is unfair! now their gonna be $19? UGGHH! my parents don't buy them now, b/c the price! this stinks! really bad!
tink my doxen is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #59
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

The cost of everything is going up, it was only a matter of time. Production costs go up therefore they have to charge more for the product to cover the production costs. Yes they are made in China, but the GLOBAL economy is in the toilet. The high price of gas doesn't help. Those webbies don't walk over from China, they have to be shipped here then trucked to distribution centres. It is unfortunate, but unfortunately, this is the economic climate we are in right now.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #60
binkybohboh
Gifted

binkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socks

WI Subscriber

Thanks for the info Justin..
I will have to get a part time job. I have to keep up with my webkinz addiction.. Maybe I could get a job at WW as a tec. person. I have no experience so they should hire me. LOL Only kidding.
binkybohboh is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: