Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 09:33 AM   #41
2222r
Gifted

2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

This is unfair. I dont even have allowance and they do this! This stinks!
2222r is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #42
HollieBunny
Webkinz :)

HollieBunny is on a distinguished road

I can't believe anyone is surprised at the price increase, after all, just in time for the holidays.
Everywhere around here prices are going DOWN, even big ticket items like TV's and Blu-Ray players are being priced lower, because they know people are looking at more value for less money.
Ganz cannot blame the "rising cost of gas" because gas prices have gone down since oil prices have dropped. The price increase comes at a time when Webkinz sales are down, (according to a bunch of retailers I know in the area) and people are looking more carefully at what they're willing to spend money on, so I have a feeling there won't be that massive Christmas day crush of gllitches on WW this year from an influx of new adoptess. With the price going up and the quality definitely going down, there won't be as many Webbies under the trees.
Ganz is a business first and foremost, but not a very smart one, with countries all over the world bailing out banks and economies teetering and people looking twice before spending, not the best way to increase flagging sales, and with all the really cute toys being advertised for kids on tv and having yet to see ONE single commercial for Webkinz, I don't expect there will be too many new customers coming in, especially with the price increase and the increased competition from other retailers with simiilar sites and better made merchandise.
Not smart Ganz.
HollieBunny is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #43
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by HollieBunny
Ganz is a business first and foremost, but not a very smart one, with countries all over the world bailing out banks and economies teetering and people looking twice before spending, not the best way to increase flagging sales, and with all the really cute toys being advertised for kids on tv and having yet to see ONE single commercial for Webkinz, I don't expect there will be too many new customers coming in, especially with the price increase and the increased competition from other retailers with simiilar sites and better made merchandise.
Not smart Ganz.
I'd have to agree on that = my kids have asked for a "Build a Bear" this Christmas - they like the website a lot more than WW. Pretty soon I'll be all alone on WW wondering who I'm to play with... or maybe I should go look at BearvilleInsider.com...
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #44
Nan-c is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I don't post much but I have about 70 of these and my grandson has 40, and this is the last. I am on SS and there isn't much cash, and now all the good stuff is in the e-store for those that can afford it and now a price increase? When there are hundreds of glitches etc, the sight is down more than up, things do not work, Grandson discouraged already nothing works half the time. I am not spending any more on this stuff. Hard enough to pay the fuel bill...I did enjoy it as it was a fun sort of relaxation...but Ganz, your gone too far for these things. Bearsville, here I come. That is buy once and have a ball doing more then webkinz!
Nan-c
Old 11-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #45
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Interesting - I just went "shopping" on the Build a Bearville site and they are advertising "More Cuddle, Less Cash"... I doubt I'll want to play on Bearville the way I played with my kids on WK but they are already having more fun on their "free" account there than on the one on WW world where the only entertainment Ganz seems to be put an effort into is trying to convince us to spend more money. Hope to see you guys over at BearsvilleInsider.com
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #46
hoa, I'm
Gifted

leahsmom is just really niceleahsmom is just really nice

I actually go to several different stores to get mine. Hallmark raised their OWN prices in the last twelve months due to popularity. Last year before Christmas, I could buy them for $12.99 at Hallmark, by this past summer, it was $14.99. I assume just because Ganz is saying $1, doesn't mean the retailer is going to up it that. They can up it as much as they want. I could see them doubling that.

I will just have to dump Hallmark and go to the smaller stores if I want to continue to get them (not sure I do at this point). The stores that continue to sell them for $12.99 for the Large and $9.99 for the Lil. But, we will have to see how much of that price hike they choose to pass on to us, the consumer.
leahsmom is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #47
King Hoopla

If all of you guys hate webkinz so much, then why did you join WI in the first place?

---------- King Hoopla added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later ----------

I wish everyone would stop complaining so much.

Last edited by King Hoopla; 11-17-2008 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #48
I'm a dancing
Gift Guru

1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by King Hoopla
If all of you guys hate webkinz so much, then why did you join WI in the first place?

---------- King Hoopla added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later ----------

I wish everyone would stop complaining so much.
We don't hate webkinz, we are just annoyed with ganz and there immature decisions.
1220panda is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #49
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

OMG this is wrong... the limited too near me sells them for 16.99 already. there is a store that i can get them for 9.99 but they dont get the new releases until the middle of the month . my "regular" store is going out of business.

well thanks for keeping us up to date Justin
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #50

WebkinzRockPup is an unknown quantity at this point

Ganz shouldn't raise the prices on pets. They need to know that lots of people are short on money and they can't afford high priced gifts. Instead of raising the price how about lowering the price for pets so people will buy more for the holidays. Also, does anyone agree that Ganz should sell retired pets in the e-store? $12.99 for a retired pet is better than $30-$1,200 dollars.
WebkinzRockPup is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: