Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #31
purpleska
Webkinz :)

softballska is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

It hasnt affected the webkinz where I buy them yet, and if you get them on ebay they shoulnd be too much higher. I dont think one dollar is that big of a deal people, sure ganz is trying to make money, arent we all???
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #32
wordtome
Gift Guru

SqueezeBoxx will become famous soon enough

Here is a good plan - ONLY buy the W Cares Webkinz from Walgreens at $6.99, 2 tags for the price of 1! Same exclusives! Same amount of KinzCash! AND.. they keep coming out with new ones! That is the best deal I can find! Plus you get all those cool W Cares Items! It is pretty GREAAATTTT!

SQUEEZE

Oh and by the way, it costs 1.69 for gas around here! That excuse has to go out the window!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #33
webkinzmom2 is on a distinguished road

I have found deals on Webkinz all over our town. One "mom and pop" pharmacy that has a great selection has all their "older" webbies on sale 2 for 1. Our local FYE sells them 2 for $25 or 3 for $35 - pretty good. I've been buying some of the older ones we missed and saving them for birthday gifts and christmas gifts. As a family, we've decided to limit our purchases to 1 or 2 every 3 - 4 months or so. We've been waiting for the Orca and it will be under the tree for my son. I've been waiting for a humming bird and I think it will be there as well.

I feel your pain fellow WI's. But as the knight in Indian Jones' "The Last Crusade" says "Choose wisely"
Old 11-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #34
allyboobear

allyboobear is on a distinguished road

omg this is totally unfair. i mean come on ganz! they are making so much money anyway why raise the prices?? sure i love webkinz but you have to admit they are overpriced. i dont know guys...
allyboobear is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #35
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

Like I said- let's just hope this money will go to fixing all the glitches!
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:16 AM   #36
cube24
Gift Guru

cube24 is on a distinguished road

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Yet another smooth move by Ganz. They're making a huge mistake, hopefully one that won't cause us to end up losing our virtual world in the future. Ganz couldn't even put halloween costumes in the w shop, yet they're wanting another dollar per plushy. I'm sorta glad my older 2 (of 4) younger kids are losing interest in webkiz. I went way overboard for the last 1.5yrs buying webkinz for at least 6. Every new release was bought when it came out. Many local stores had raised their prices $1 last time Ganz did, and then on top of that another $1 when the store came out with buy 10 get 11th free. Throughout the summer I was getting new releases for $10 at the outdoor market-so obviously someone is making a decent profit if this was saving me $6 per animal than when I was buying elsewhere. Since it closed for the season, and Ganz started retiring and producing tons of new items, I've only bought a few. Come Christmas time, we may get holiday webbies and bag and thats it, if anything at all. None for the nieces and nephews or neighbor kids like I did last year. Not because I can't afford it, but because Ganz is doing what I consider price gouging. I feel bad for the children who have a hard enough time already earning and saving to get webbies.
If only Ganz would visit elementary schools and see how many children actually don't own a single webkinz because their parents can't afford the price of them. The sadness in their faces when they see a another child with a webkinz, the joy they get when that child lets them hold their webkinz.
It's not all about the jobless rate, bad economy ect. Gas is down to $1.80 a gallon. Ganz customer service still stinks, WW is so glitchy, obviously they must not have tech's putting in any overtime. So why the increase Ganz? Prices have gone too high already, for a lot of people they're stopping buying or cutting back. My neighbors and relatives don't buy them anymore for their kids.
It's only a dollar, which is no big deal if I want the webbie. I adore each and every one of our webbies and virtual items we've worked so hard collecting. BUT instead I will put that dollar towards a nicer virtual plush that will be better made (I don't have to thoroughly check every inch for defects like webkiz)and provide my family with excellent customer service and support I can even order plush animals that come with virtual codes online, not just the virtual codes like the estore.

*BTW Thanks Justin for introducing the newest addition to the insider family, and for keeping us informed with the latest news on WI*
cube24 is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:23 AM   #37
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

I'm guessing they are trying to cash in on the Christmas "rush" of WK buying... anyone want to bet there will be *huge* after Christmas sales of WK?

I think there are a lot of folk who only buy WK at Christmas and birthdays and for them another $1 won't matter much - they only buy once a year. It's the folk who buy lots of plushies (like many on WI) that will find that extra dollar is the last straw.

When we first started WW last Christmas we bought one plush per month - but that only lasted for six months and then my kids stopped asking - after all how many plushes could they play with - and I was getting them exclusives and PSIs through WI

Christmas is here and they each asked for one - and I'm OK with that - but after Christmas it will be a loooooong time before we buy another plush.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:24 AM   #38

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs up Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

View Post Originally Posted by cube24
This doesn't surprise me one bit. Yet another smooth move by Ganz. They're making a huge mistake, hopefully one that won't cause us to end up losing our virtual world in the future. Ganz couldn't even put halloween costumes in the w shop, yet they're wanting another dollar per plushy. I'm sorta glad my older 2 (of 4) younger kids are losing interest in webkiz. I went way overboard for the last 1.5yrs buying webkinz for at least 6. Every new release was bought when it came out. Many local stores had raised their prices $1 last time Ganz did, and then on top of that another $1 when the store came out with buy 10 get 11th free. Throughout the summer I was getting new releases for $10 at the outdoor market-so obviously someone is making a decent profit if this was saving me $6 per animal than when I was buying elsewhere. Since it closed for the season, and Ganz started retiring and producing tons of new items, I've only bought a few. Come Christmas time, we may get holiday webbies and bag and thats it, if anything at all. None for the nieces and nephews or neighbor kids like I did last year. Not because I can't afford it, but because Ganz is doing what I consider price gouging. I feel bad for the children who have a hard enough time already earning and saving to get webbies.
If only Ganz would visit elementary schools and see how many children actually don't own a single webkinz because their parents can't afford the price of them. The sadness in their faces when they see a another child with a webkinz, the joy they get when that child lets them hold their webkinz.
It's not all about the jobless rate, bad economy ect. Gas is down to $1.80 a gallon. Ganz customer service still stinks, WW is so glitchy, obviously they must not have tech's putting in any overtime. So why the increase Ganz? Prices have gone too high already, for a lot of people they're stopping buying or cutting back. My neighbors and relatives don't buy them anymore for their kids.
It's only a dollar, which is no big deal if I want the webbie. I adore each and every one of our webbies and virtual items we've worked so hard collecting. BUT instead I will put that dollar towards a nicer virtual plush that will be better made (I don't have to thoroughly check every inch for defects like webkiz)and provide my family with excellent customer service and support I can even order plush animals that come with virtual codes online, not just the virtual codes like the estore.

*BTW Thanks Justin for introducing the newest addition to the insider family, and for keeping us informed with the latest news on WI*
Very well stated, I can't add anything other then Ganz has some nerve !
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:53 AM   #39
Alice <3

I dont find a dollar up that bad.. they could have went up by 10 haha but .. Why would they go up only a dollar? They're realy trying to get money from us now arent they...

Alice
Old 11-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #40
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

The price increase is really not necessary - look at the price of plushies without that "magic W" on them - lots selling for $4 to $5 in stores here - and yet the "free" website that comes with webbies bumps their prices up to $16 to $18.

My understanding is that new plushes ordered by resellers have gone up by $1 - so it's there cost that has gone up. Ganz also makes it tough for resellers because in order to get new plushes they have to order a ton of other product. It will be interesting to see at which point the resellers (who are the ones who actually buy from Ganz) decide that it's just not worth ordering Webbies. If there volume goes down you can bet they will drop the line really fast.
Jarrah is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: