Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #21
Gift Guru

peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!

Angry Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

This will definitely affect my purchases as well

Some of the Hallmark's around my house in Fl. have buy one get one from a list 1/2 off. Sometimes the selection is slim and there aren't any animals from the list that I want....... then I don't buy any

peace1430 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #22
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

I think sales of webkinz have been going down overall. I went to hallmark last night and they had a buy 2 get 1 free. I even had a buyer card special where if I buy 10, I get another free, so far I have 9 on that card, so if I bought 2, I would've gotten 2 more free. But even with this tempting deal, I didn't buy any. The selection wasn't so great, and I have all the ones I want (proud owner of 14!) With the economy, even with the great deal on the plush, I still had to tell myself no. I'm reserving my buying for ones I really really really want. And like others have already mentioned, it's probably with the terrible economy Ganz is doing what they can to grab up as much money as possible. Right now they have an incredibly popular site, sales of theirs are probably going down, so they figure they can take advantage of the kids and adults who are still incredibly addicted, especially with Christmas coming up, that even with the sales increase, people will buy them. So instead of trying to maintain their current consumers, they're taking advantage of the consumers that are left. Yes, cost of gas has been increasing, but there hasn't been any drastic jump recently. Their physical size in relation to other stuffed animals, webkinz as a plush are pretty expensive in comparison. Unfortunately, in these attempts to gain more money, they are turning off many of their current customers and dissuading new customers. When a child goes to the store to get a plush, they have all the virtual plush in the same section relatively, a child's going to pick the larger stuffed animal with the site that doesn't have a reputation for being full of glitches. (because they're going to talk to their friends) Either that or the parent's going to encourage the cheaper plush, like beanie babies 2.0. All of my friends have already given up the site and their accounts entirely just because of glitch frustrations. I think WW will eventually be passing the torch as one of the lead pet online sites to one of their competing sites like buildabear. For buildabear, you can get a plush that's over twice the size of a webkinz for the same price, and I have never seen any glitches or problems with that site.
I really hate seeing the site go down like this. Not just because of the price increase, that's to be expected at some point or another, but I can see a lot of people getting turned off from the site, and turned off from buying them altigether, so that tells me that it's going downhill. I'm just curious when/if the site's going to crash altogether. I hope not, but all good things come to an end. I was really sad when one of my older blogging sites essentially became obsolete so now it's like a sitting vaccuum.
I'm the only one I know in real life who is a webkinz fan. I don't know anyone else. Not even the kids I babysit for like them. They're in 6th grade and they said, "kids our age don't really play with them anymore... it's more of a 4th grade thing." I'm thankful for WI though, because it provides a great place where I don't have to feel alone, and there are people I can talk to and give out my opinion and insights to that's why it makes me sad when it seems like things are starting to go downhill

Last edited by CrystalFlute; 11-15-2008 at 01:35 PM..
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #23
Webkinz :)

mississippi gal has a spectacular aura about

they caint even take care of the problems on ww now they want to raise their prices!! Poor business management thats what it boils down to
mississippi gal is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #24
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by froggymom617
I am not necessarily on Ganz side in all of this but you need to see it from another point of view. My husband works for a printing company and he has been hearing from the truck drivers who bring in the paper how the gas prices had affected them. If something like the energy prices goes up it is going to affect everything. The cost to run the mills to make the fabrics that our webbies are made out of , the cost to truck the fabric to where the webbies are made, the cost to run the machines that sew our webbies together, the cost to ship the webbies has all gone up. One aspect of Webkinz production, the energy cost, and look how many things were affected. I also work in a fast food establishment and all of our costs have gone up, along with minimum wage and they are looking at ways to prevent losing money without sacrificing low cost to customer and quality, both. This cost increase will affect how many Webkinz that I can buy for my children, grandchildren and my own self but I am trying not to get upset and look at it from another point of view. Sorry this is so long and thank you for letting me share another side of the story.
I am an excomputer tech and from side, which would be in the middle, Ganz is being stupid and lazy. The gas money and such in the US has nothing to do with their production because all the stuff is made in CHINA where {as a couple of others also mentioned} the wages {no benefits} are much lower, even figuring in a small amount for shipping them to the states. They do have workers in the US but that is all administrative as far as anyone has ever seen/heard, so the price of the plushies and whatever else has nothing to do with where/how/how much the animals {and other products} are made for. The estore is even more ridiculous because {as a few other people mentioned} it's pixels, bits and bytes of computer programming {ONCE} that works {supposedly} on the site, so that is also to go for the fact that people who claim someone getting something for their money {the plush} is not the fact because without being able to actually access and stay on the site itself the product{s} are pretty much useless, especially the virtual only ones. If Ganz wants have things considered from a business point of view then they should conduct their business as...well, a business, and not some little side thing that they throw things at/in to when they feel like it {usually estore these days for more money and less work}. They are giving out only excuses, which are just that {excuses} and do nothing to fix any of the multitude of problems they have had, have been having, are still having, and no end in site with future problems.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #25

sydnah is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Penguinworlder
Webkinz were overpriced to begin with and at the worst possible time, Ganz chooses to a raise the price. a Mere dollar can effect many. Why would they do this

I haven't posted much, and I hate to just speak up to complain, but I think it's true that Webkinz are overpriced. Has anyone taken a good look at the Beanies 2.0? I was in a store that had them one day, and I was amazed at how well-made they are (much better than WK, imo). Then, I looked at the price tag, and - omg! - they are priced at about half as much as a Webkinz. *sigh*

The prices on the animals are high enough, and the release of all the new items, such as Trading Cards Series 3, Figures Series 2, holiday outfits for the plushies, and now kids clothing, should be bringing them plenty of cash. Not to mention the e-store, where they get users to pay through the nose for pixels (very little production cost on their end, but they often charge as much as if they were "real" items).

My guess is that they haven't raised prices in a long enough while that they figured they could, that buyers would tolerate it. In this economy, that's a really lousy thing, bound to frustrate many users. The question is, Will the buyers tolerate it? Will you?
Old 11-15-2008, 02:35 PM   #26

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

wow. waay not nice, Ganz!! i barley get a webkinz every 2 months, now i might have to wait for 3 months to pass.
boo
cynthi♥
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #27
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

Well let's just hope Ganz uses all the new money pouring in for the holiday season to fix all the glitches. I know for a fact my Mom alone will spend over a hundred dollars on Webkinz for four children. (Me, my two sisters, and my little brother.) Yes there are MANY more virtual plushies coming out, and Ganz may end up losing out to cheaper, better-made, products. Well Ganz has done it again ladies and gentlemen.
~ Luna ~
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #28
HEY! I'M BACKERSSSS!

Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

Its not our problems they are the ones losing here! The higher the price the less the customers, face it Ganz!
Franks is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #29
Luke, I am your

Bosoxfan97 is an unknown quantity at this point

AW, this is sooooo uncool!
I already pay a pretty penny for those webkinz, and now MORE?
THis is exactly what we DON'T need!
Bosoxfan97 is offline Male
Old 11-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #30
King Hoopla

Even though I love webkinz and Ganz as well, I do have to admit that raising the prices are completely ridiculous! It's not like they really needed to do this in the first place! Ugh!
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: