Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #11
jenna522
Webkinz :)

mxmom8887 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

I think they are raising their prices because everyone knows parents try to get their kids what they want.In their minds no matter what the price is, the parent will buy if their child really wants it. And how convenient...right before Christmas. Now that I am on a roll, I think its ridiculous to pay $15.00 for a code. Think about it...what do you do with the stuffed animal after...save it? To be honest, my dog has enjoyed ripping the stuffing out of a few of them...so he is mad at Ganz to! I feel better now
mxmom8887 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #12
froggymom617 is on a distinguished road

I am not necessarily on Ganz side in all of this but you need to see it from another point of view. My husband works for a printing company and he has been hearing from the truck drivers who bring in the paper how the gas prices had affected them. If something like the energy prices goes up it is going to affect everything. The cost to run the mills to make the fabrics that our webbies are made out of , the cost to truck the fabric to where the webbies are made, the cost to run the machines that sew our webbies together, the cost to ship the webbies has all gone up. One aspect of Webkinz production, the energy cost, and look how many things were affected. I also work in a fast food establishment and all of our costs have gone up, along with minimum wage and they are looking at ways to prevent losing money without sacrificing low cost to customer and quality, both. This cost increase will affect how many Webkinz that I can buy for my children, grandchildren and my own self but I am trying not to get upset and look at it from another point of view. Sorry this is so long and thank you for letting me share another side of the story.
froggymom617 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #13
jenna522

mxmom8887 is on a distinguished road

That was perfectly said. Sometimes we don't look at the whole picture
mxmom8887 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 08:47 AM   #14

dachshound987 is an unknown quantity at this point

REALLY FAIR!!!! Not.

Last edited by dachshound987; 11-15-2008 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
dachshound987 is offline Male
Old 11-15-2008, 08:47 AM   #15
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Now for a big webkinz it
ll be almost 20.00!!
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #16
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

It is certainly a bad news for those who collect Webkinz. I was already thinking that most of the Webkinz products including the plushie were ocer-priced. And the sad thing is that while I think that a lot of Webkinz look really cute, some of them are not that well made. I have seen a lot of Webkinz with a hole, very poorly sewn. Am I the only one who thinks that Webkinz were made a lot more carefully a year ago or so. To me the quality is going down, then the price goes up?

Well, I know that gas price is going up, foods are more expensive, yes the whole economy is so slow right now. But, somehow I cannot justify this price raise. One dollar is a high jump on the price! Maybe, just maybe they should slow down releasing so many new Webkinz every month and concentrate on keeping the quality of the Webkinz that are already out. I know every business needs to try the best way to make more profits, but they might have gone too far this time.
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

They can't make it go any higher. 20.00 for a plush animal that doesn't even have fur...
Old 11-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #18
YAY! I'm finally
Gifted

winkystar29 has a spectacular aura about

WOW. First Ganz decides to become extremely greedy and introduces the E-Store where you can buy overpriced PIXELS to put in your Webkinz account. Now they decide to raise the price?! Aren't Webkinz already overpriced enough?! I mean seriously, you could go to any store and buy a stuffed animal for less than 7 bucks, but Webkinz are $14! This is completely ridiculous. I'm not buying any anymore. I'm going to go on my own personal "strike" against purchasing them.
winkystar29 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #19
smilesgalore

codylan radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcodylan radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcodylan radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcodylan radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcodylan radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcodylan radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcodylan radiates beauty and kindness all around

I agree with you Tokyo rose. Some of the Webkinz haven't been made as well lately. I believe that a lot of the Webkinz are made in China. And you know what they pay people there. Not much. I think you are right. Ganz should slow down making new ones. I collect them and have 84 now I think. I buy the ones I like the most and I can't afford to buy like I used to. And I know I will want more. My husbamd isn't crazy about them, but of course, I love them. And I could NEVER let a dog chew on them. As silly as it sounds, I treat them as if they were my pets. Sad times right now. Thanks to WI we can say these things between us.
codylan is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #20
Giganteus4

KingZiph is on a distinguished road

I actually like the plushies too! But this price increase is too much, I'll probably only be able to get 1 or 2 a month. They were already overpriced, but I'll still buy them unless they get around $20.
KingZiph is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: