Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 07:25 AM   #91
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

In the end it's the retailer who suffers most - they *must* pay the wholesale price to Ganz and then they can only charge the price the consumer will pay.

This could have many effects:

- retailers might decide there isn't enough profit in WW so stop buying from Ganz (likely after Christmas)
- retailers increase the prices on new releases and stop carrying older releases as they can't be sold at the new high rates
-smaller retailers carry a smaller variety of WW and only stock a few pets
- customers buy fewer "extra" WW because it is a costly extravagance and an easy expense to trim down - which means more and more people who join WW only have a few pets and Ganz desperately tries to increase revenue in other ways
- Ganz could try decreasing the time a pet purchase extends your account from 12 m to 6 m (or less...) to encourage new purchases
- Ganz is doing a lot of Customer Surveys on the under 8 crowd - so they could be preparing to launch a new site for them - and that one could ask for a monthly subscription to access features

Who knows - but my guess is that the "cash grabs" from Ganz will get worse and worse as each one drives more customers away and they get desperate to increase revenue.
Jarrah is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2008, 10:21 AM   #92
amylovesdoggies90
Gifted

puppydawggirl6 will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous!!!
lol I don't even know if I spelled that right. xP
Old 11-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #93
Lil Kinz

MadameVonWebkin is an unknown quantity at this point

This isn't good news at all. It's bad enough that, of late, the Webkinz site has been slow as ever. It's as if the servers can't handle the demand of visitors. Is it me or have they been booting people off the server? Happens to me all the time right in the middle of gaming!
Anyway, this increase is a tad ridiculous on Ganz part. I just purchases 2 kinz yesterday (Triggerfish and Cocoa Dino) but when the site is very slow and then you get booted and now
word of an increase? I'm not ready yet to say "It was fun while it lasted" but if this keeps up...
MadameVonWebkin is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #94
Webkinz :)

Wangle is an unknown quantity at this point

this is great news!
the site full of glitches is now increasing its profits, but losing customers!!!

hip hip hooray!

(can't you hear the sarcasm??)
Old 11-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #95

kristew95062 has a spectacular aura about

I agree, increased prices and a faulty website is Insane. People will only buy them when desperate or find a great bargain.
I don't know about other towns and cities, but our local hospital gift shop sells Webkinz for only $10. And have you seen them at Costco lately? They have them in two packs, even the Hippo was in them.
Maybe now it the time to stock up (or maybe that's what Gantz needs/wants for 4th quarter profits).
The price increase will stop me from buying them, too many other companies. Look what happened to Ty.
kristew95062 is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #96
cluelesslogan94

Lillie45 is on a distinguished road

huh wow oh well .. they need to do what they need to do to make money ... and to pay the workers to make webkinz funner if its even possible .
Lillie45 is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #97
Blind me I'm a

Chicagofan732 is on a distinguished road

what i don't get this
Old 11-24-2008, 06:30 AM   #98

OhioBoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Gypsy and I have 4 sites..... 2 American, 1 German, 1 Japanese. We WERE buying one new one, as they came out, for each site. Then we had to drop it down to 2 new ones as they came out. It they raise the prices........we will either only get one of each new one........or start getting very picky on which one to get. I'm also very close to just saying the heck with it all and go to TY babies.......they are still reasonable like Ganz used to be. Hope they make a lot of money because at the rate they are going they will price themselves right out of business. I've kept a few of my favorite pets and donated the rest to Toys for Tots and the Green Mountain children ( a local person takes things to them 1 to 2 times a year). So go ahead Ganz and raise your prices ...... in the end you'll be cutting your own throats. Happy Holidays everyone.......get 'em while you can still afford them!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #99
Kissysmommy
Gift Guru

Kissysmommy will become famous soon enough

Maybe they should consider FIXING all the glitches on their site before they expect consumers to pay even MORE for a product that you can't even properly use because their site refreshes every 10 minutes!!!!! They are out of their minds if they think I will continue to buy their items at the current price with the way they run their company & the performance of their site, much less pay another $1 per pet!!!!!!!! WAKE UP GANZ....Your losing your customers!!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #100
addict
Gifted

chinnell has a spectacular aura about

I understand every ones fustration .....I work in the retail business and everyone is suprise in the slow down of sales compare this time last year.....So $1 may sound like a little to some but it is alot to others.....The store I usually get my webbies at raised the price over the summer...the big webkinz was $9.99 now $11.99 , lil kinz was $5.99 nozw $7.99 it was still cheaper than most of the other places in my area and I felt the pinch then because I buy webbies for my 4 kids....Now I have to ask them to choose because it is getting to expensive.....and another issue for me personally is that if they release 2-3 new pets per month is fine but releasing 6 pets at the least can be very expensive....

Last edited by chinnell; 11-24-2008 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: adding
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: