Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

This news is brought to you by our friends at*Ameriwade*(www.ameriwade.com): Robert at Ameriwade received a correspondence from his Webkinz sales representative today, informing him that the wholesale price of Webkinz and Lil' Kinz would be increased on all future orders for Webkinz retailers. *He let the staff know that this would probably mean a $1 increase in retail price for most stores, including his own and wanted to make sure that we pass this information on to all of you!

Click the image to open in full size.

Also, he informed me that he will be waiting until Sunday night, when the Webkinz ordering system allows him access to order the January Webkinz, before setting up pre-orders on his site. *He wants to make sure that he knows how many of each Webkinz he will be allowed to order so that he knows how many he can sell to all of you! We'll be sure to let you know when the pre-orders are available. *We thank you for supporting all of our sponsors here at WI. *While you wait, don't forget to check out the WI Gear on Ameriwade's site, our limited-edition WI pins are almost completely sold out!*

[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

OMG, that is sooo dumb!
Why? Cause the U.S. is in a Finacal Problem? i can barely get a webkinz every month! Now they are going to be $15.95 an up? Ganz is Going way to far with webkinz. Its getting me upset.
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 11-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
Cattails5
Webkinz :)

cattails5 will become famous soon enough

Seeing how far they can go before we say forget it huh?
cattails5 is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
DogzRule808
Gifted

PeaceB2U is an unknown quantity at this point

With all of the job loss in my area, stores are already seeing a slow down in the number of sales. A price increase is exactly what we don't need.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
I'm a dancing
Gift Guru

1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold

That is so un-fair. I don't buy anymore, and I feel bad for the people that still like to buy them. Ganz isn't thinking about their buyers. Imagine all the people that just started playing webkinz this year that don't get to have all the fun stuff from 06 because ganz is being immature about the updates, retires, and things like this. It's just going to make alot of happy people, unhappy. Soon poeple will realize, it's just a money grabber. Ganz is going to hit rock bottem and soon webkinz won't be anything. I really find it so du,mb. My opinion.

Last edited by 1220panda; 11-15-2008 at 02:37 PM..
1220panda is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 12:45 AM   #6

MistressLysa is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't understand how people raise prices when the economy is bad. I work in retail and the place I work just raised their prices as well and now they are complaining about decreased sales. Well duh, people are having a hard time financially now, so what good does it do to make it harder for them to buy goods? Lets increase prices and make it even harder for them to buy things they don't essentially need so that we can make more money, wait...we are not making more money, I don't understand, we raised the prices we should be making more money? Well maybe it's because the consumers realize that you are just out to rip them off of their hard earned money that they could be using to buy stuff like food and gas and pay bills and they choose to buy fun stuff like Webkinz and now they don't because you are trying to screw them over. It's not like they don't make enough money on item's that cost very little to make, i.e. Estore items. No production cost on those items other than the cost it takes of someont to develope the item once, no material, stuffing, thread, etc. like is needed to make an actual webkinz plush.
MistressLysa is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 03:54 AM   #7
Hurray for me the

Penguinworlder is a jewel in the roughPenguinworlder is a jewel in the rough

I realize the economy is crashing in the U.S.A. I realize that I sound like a spoiled brat now, but:
I used to get like 2 webkinz a week along with allowance. Now i just get lunch money and my dad yells at me just for asking for money for my math fair project supplies. I haven't gotten a webkinz in a month and i was looking foward to Christmas, but my dad said i only get to pick out two normal priced webkinz for christmas. Thats all because of the PRICE.
This is outrageous. IMAGINE, ALL the money Ganz gets just from people buying a lil kinz. Thats a like 500 dollars a day in one state or something! Then imagine normal priced Webkinz. Across the US? Atleast 700 right there. Webkinz estore? Thats alot too. Webkinz bags, sparys, bookmarks, etc. THAT IS ALOT OF MONEY! Now add that with every other Ganz non webkinz product. Webkinz were overpriced to begin with and at the worst possible time, Ganz chooses to a raise the price. a Mere dollar can effect many. Why would they do this
Penguinworlder is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 05:52 AM   #8
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

i really dont understand this.................................................. i really really dont. one of my goals after i missed out on the cheeky dog/cat and love puppy/frog was to get one of each new one. its been really hard up to now but i have kept up, but now with this i dont understand why they are doing this, unless it is going to go towards hiring better tech people but so far i dont think that is it...................................... im really sad with this news. very sad. like a kick in my stomach really. im going to try to keep up but i am starting to wonder if this is on purpose, not having to do with money. for some other reason,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, idk.

i really like ww. i just dont understand. its almost like they want out................... or something. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. maybe ill feel better tomorrow..............
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #9
StacyV
Gift Guru

TikiMama is a splendid one to beholdTikiMama is a splendid one to beholdTikiMama is a splendid one to beholdTikiMama is a splendid one to behold

Yup, one more reason i won't be buying more......... Too bad Ganz.. you're going to be the ones who end up losing.. There are other virtual game sites that are catching up!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #10
I now has bunny!!!!!
Gifted

KelCoo70 has a reputation beyond reputeKelCoo70 has a reputation beyond reputeKelCoo70 has a reputation beyond reputeKelCoo70 has a reputation beyond reputeKelCoo70 has a reputation beyond reputeKelCoo70 has a reputation beyond repute

I worked at a pottery factory, and they just kept doing the same thing, and more & more people stopped buying their product!!! This is not too smart right now.
KelCoo70 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: