Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #51
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz No Longer Accepting eMail

I posted about the same thing as well, when I had my adoption problem.
I got the canned response too.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e-t403349.html

Well, it looks like customer service has fallen to the bottom of the priority stack for Ganz.

---------- KittyFanatic added 3 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

Ps - the forms for leaving them a comment or resolving a problem was not working
last week either. I tried that, and it just loops back to the form, giving error messages.

It was all a waste of time trying to get something fixed.

---------- KittyFanatic added 5 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by snowvillage
I just don't understand why they don't see that adults are their true customer base, and adults expect things to work as promised. Once again I wonder if this isn't one of those sites run by "wunderkinden"...those 13 year old computer whizzes who are so great at starting games but can't be bothered to repair them when they don't work. (and certainly don't care how adults feel about that!

You know, you are very right about that.

While the site is aimed at kids, we all know that adults are totally addicted as well.
And, for the most part, is the adults (moms, dads, grandmas and grandpas) who are
BUYING the pets!

Seems to me to only be common sense to respond to the ones who are paying your
paycheck.

Of course, it could be that Ganz has just back-burnered the Webkinz site as a whole, and
have reduced the amount of programmers who actually work on the site. Other possible problems - outsourcing to countries who do not speak English and therefore cannot modify the modules properly; expecting a smaller staff to crank out work by unrealistic deadlines, causing inferior work; not expanding the server capacity on their side causing constant overloads; firing or laying off experienced programmers and hiring new CHEAPER ones to try to save a buck.
Of course, could be a combo of all the above too!

I've had my job outsourced to India before, so sure know how that goes. Of course, most companies who do that don't anticipate the real problems involved with it - they only see the bottom line of the immediate cost - not the long-term cost down the road of finding the data, using it, dealing with customers, etc etc.

Whatever it is, it is rapidly killing the Webbie flame.

Last edited by KittyFanatic; 10-06-2008 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #52
bc2
Webkinz :)
bc2 has disabled reputation

With their obvious HUGE lack of accountability, I am not surprised by this move. They couldn't possibly care less about our problems with their site. Ganz once again disappoints and proves they don't care about the people who keep their lousy company running.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #53

bfnphoto is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by bc2
With their obvious HUGE lack of accountability, I am not surprised by this move. They couldn't possibly care less about our problems with their site. Ganz once again disappoints and proves they don't care about the people who keep their lousy company running.

+1 Amen!!!
It won't get better..... and all we will be here again soon about something else they have decided to get rid of........phone # should be next
Old 10-09-2008, 07:57 AM   #54

chicken little is a WI addict!
chicken little is a WI addict!chicken little is a WI addict!chicken little is a WI addict!chicken little is a WI addict!chicken little is a WI addict!chicken little is a WI addict!chicken little is a WI addict!chicken little is a WI addict!chicken little is a WI addict!

Just got back from vacation - what a mess the web site was. (Webkinz) Couldn't believe the changes. So they aren't taking e-mail anymore. Maybe it is just as well. Their 24 hour response time on the questions sections was usually 3 or four days, it at all.

Maybe they won't pull everything because of the negative comments. Since I'm new, I still want to give them a little benefit of the doubt. Maybe things will improve soon.

Glad to be back.

Chicken little

---------- chicken little added 13 Minutes and 33 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
I have not gone that far mostly because ww is supposed to be my happy place, away from the BBB THINGS of life, if that makes sense. and i guess im afraid to do so, tht my account will be closed like someone else has said happened to them.......................... ww is my stress reliever and i jsut havent wanted to ruin my happy place...................... that is what is the saddest thing about this for me. so many are just like me, and the kids dont undertstand either. and i guess im not a lawyer so i figured if i agreed to their terms (how can you not agree and then get an account?) then im stuck with it.

i guess people have better luck with phoning them but i dont know, i kinda am afraid to do that because if i get mad.............. well you know what i will say. but then again there seem to be different answers for people depend ing on what person you get, according to the threads i reald................. its so sad really. hope it helps..................
love the quote "if you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything" Hadn't heard that before, but is sooo true. Thanks for the reminder. Got my feet back under me.

Love,

chicken little

Last edited by chicken little; 10-09-2008 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
chicken little is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #55
loony9083

momluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
I have not gone that far mostly because ww is supposed to be my happy place, away from the BBB THINGS of life, if that makes sense. and i guess im afraid to do so, tht my account will be closed like someone else has said happened to them.......................... ww is my stress reliever and i jsut havent wanted to ruin my happy place...................... that is what is the saddest thing about this for me. so many are just like me, and the kids dont undertstand either. and i guess im not a lawyer so i figured if i agreed to their terms (how can you not agree and then get an account?) then im stuck with it.

i guess people have better luck with phoning them but i dont know, i kinda am afraid to do that because if i get mad.............. well you know what i will say. but then again there seem to be different answers for people depend ing on what person you get, according to the threads i reald................. its so sad really. hope it helps..................
I agree with you. Webkinz WAS my happy place, until last week, it's been nothing but sadness all around. I lost my account due to a eBay seller selling the same codes to people, I am still working on that problem. eBay is trying to help now. I've spoke to Ganz supervisor, he seemed really nice and does feel for me. So at this moment that is all I can think about. WI has been such a great place. I'm glad I joined.
momluvswebkinz2 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 09:17 AM   #56
maltingheartforcats
Gift Guru

swisscheese101 has disabled reputation

I have never called/contacted GANZ for any reason so far, but thanks for letting me know!
swisscheese101 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #57

GMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonder

It isn't just Customer Service that is off; There is a lot at WebKinz Corporate Headquarters that is off. They fail to serve the usual customer in many ways.

An increase in number of new pets each month; this would not bother me so much if they kept the pets around for a year-the kids & I could prioritize the ones we want and save for them. But Ganz retires some new pets quite soon after they come out-so if I like it-I tend to get it right away before it gets retired. Guess Ganz is catering to collector sellers who buy up large batches and jack up the prices when the animal retires.

Ganz apparently does not back their product. Broken "promises" failure to replace missing items. We're trying to teach our children to keep their word-do what they say they will do. And to do their best.

Poor value-500 KC for a vacation that lasts 5 minutes at most & has the potential to rob your pet of all its happiness. E-store--animals about same price of a physical pet with no production cost, no warehouse, no shipping & handling for retaiers. Webkinz Style Shop--5000 for a girls evening dress (no other accessories like shoes or evening bag) when boy pets can get a full tux for well under 500 including shoes & hat.

Are they giving out less KC--Anyone keep statistics? It seems as if the Wishing Well and WOW had more prizes & higer value prizes when I started playing last year??? Wish Tokens are few and far between and it takes a lot to get anything. A wish token on the pets birthday would be better.

Someone at WW is tired of setting up gift bags to go with new animals and needs a vacation. Lots of new animals same old items in the gift bags--much duplication of old items; beds or KC for bonus gifts--when people clearly want to get items them don't have and can't buy.. How many Haunted portraits can a person use especially if that person doesn't like it in the first place.
GMKX2 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #58

"G"Momma is on a distinguished road

We started with one account, then each of our other (3) granchildren wanted Webkinz and that started us on our Webbie Adventures. First acct. failed, one time after the POTM problems started, to receive her Loot bag, I called and left message and my call was returned next day (a very nice and helpful lady) we talked about several things (people calling and claiming to not receive psi and such when they had indeed received them), within 24 hrs. acct. received Loot Bag and other gifts, now every once in a while a gift will appear (last week a wading pool) in her dock for no reason, no new pet had been adopted, that makes three new items she has received , so Yes we get miffed at the glitches and getting knocked off site and taking a long time to load and even not catching many flying objects, and even when the price of Tomatoes went down, but we love Webkinz and will still buy, as we see a new Webbies we really want, and play on WW. No way can we get all of the new Webkinz that are being released now. (Life Lesson/ we don't get everything we want)
I am sad so many are displeased with their experiences with Ganz and hope they can be resolved or maybe if so stressfull need to move on with their lives with something easier.
Also, remember the Survey asking about age, I feel Ganz is realizing their product has become more an adult thing more so than for children and are trying to incorporate into this.
Sorry for going on so long.
Good Luck to All
Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #59

GMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonderGMKX2 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by "G"Momma
Life Lesson/ we don't get everything we want)
I agree-the Grandkids and I sat down and agreed on what they got. (I got a few more-it's my $$) And when I put out my $$$ for a product, and that product is flawed, I take it back to the manufacturer. There is plenty to do outside now, and I have volunteer work. But the rainy season is coming, winter evenings are long, and I would love to have a relatively glitch free game system to play on. I don't play with the plushies--Webkinz is the game system I chose as I don't like the violence in many computer games; and it doesn't take up any extra space in my very small home. I spent a fair amount of money on it--I'd like it to work.
GMKX2 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #60
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

They always send you an atomated response and sometimes never answer you question.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
batmann

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: