Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #41
Webkinz :)

HunnywithAcar is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz No Longer Accepting eMail

I also went to the customer support site and clicked on "my question does not appear above" a few days ago, and I just received an email from the sdg@ganz.com with their phone number to call and have my ID/secret code in hand. My problem is one that others had - my pug didnt reveal any POTM gifts or kash. I know theres that stupid policy about no lost items, but I'm hopeful that since they sent this email for me to call that they'll fix SOMETHING. Like others have said before me, Ganz wouldnt have such success if it werent for all of us fans, and if they don't take care of the website and us, they are going to lose out. So hopefully they've put more effort into helping us customers out!

one can only hope, right?
HunnywithAcar is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #42
faeriespixiedust

LIL PIXIE will become famous soon enough

Hello I just had an idea, If there policy is not to replace lost items then everyone who's POTM gifts should be replaced because they weren't lost at all. It is the cause of a glitch with there website and not the consumers fault. Everyone should look closer at there policy and If it indeed says lost items and etc. THEY should replace items cause it's the website that is not working right. Hopefully they will get everything fixed soon.
LIL PIXIE is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 10:17 AM   #43
snowvillage

snowvillage is an unknown quantity at this point

I just don't understand why they don't see that adults are their true customer base, and adults expect things to work as promised. Once again I wonder if this isn't one of those sites run by "wunderkinden"...those 13 year old computer whizzes who are so great at starting games but can't be bothered to repair them when they don't work. (and certainly don't care how adults feel about that!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #44
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by Chariac
I have had many of the same issues and I have a question for all of you who can't get any help. Has anybody made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau? If so, did it help - or was it ignored too? And those of you who have actually gotten help and had a problem solved, can you please let the rest of us in on your secret?
I made a complaint on April 1st. I was just about to give up on Webkinz, because for the second month in a row I received an empty POTM bonus gift. Both my email and my phone calls were ignored. This was about the time when some people were getting their items replaced and others weren't. They then changed their policy and said that they weren't going to "replace" anything (that is what WI members were reporting at the time). I also had a couple of adoptions from November 2007 where the bonus boxes were empty.

I received an email from a customer service rep and we set up a time when she could call me. All went well when she called. She was able to give me the POTM gifts that I was missing and she replaced a prismatic chair that went missing when I tried to put it in my room and I got logged out with a "server error". She said she could not "replace" the empty bonus boxes from November because those items might "magically" show up in my accout. Well, they haven't yet! I was hoping for maybe getting a wading pool, but no luck yet! (She actually said if they didn't show up by the end of July, that I could call her back and see if she could replace them then; but I didn't call back because the empty POTM gifts actually showed up (the carnival strength tester--one on each account that didn't get the POTM bonus gift box).

If you don't get any response from them if you fill out their form or call, then don't be afraid to file a BBB complaint. I still have my account. I stayed in WW because they were willing to give me some of my "missing" items. There are others that got so fed up with them around April that they stopped being active in WW (and on WI--I have not seen a couple of them in a long time).

If you do get a response and talk to a customer service rep and he(/she) says they can't help you, then ask to talk to a supervisor. Some of the new reps are not allowed (or given the ability) to "replace" items, but their supervisor should be able to (unless they changed this policy also).

Good luck getting your items.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #45

Maeffy is on a distinguished road

The online forms DON'T work. They have like 200 character limits. You can't explain the problem. Then you get a robot email that lets you know they recieved it. Then MAYBE if you are rarely lucky, you will get another email later telling you a secret code number and that they NO LONGER take phone calls, as the phone line states, you must have a secret problem code to type in and then hit pound #. But this never works as you get someones voice mail who just "happens" to always be away from their desk so you leave messages and they NEVER email or call back. They general robot forms never help and the Webkins handbook we get w/ our 1st pet (that we can't sell, trade etc) is pretty lame and out dated. Many links are dead, many games and features it mentions don't exist anymore.

I still have blue screen instead of tree house access. I have pets of the month WITH OUT POTM goodie bags, and pets not getting pet count bonus prizes. MY kids too have lost and fail preciously saved up for and paid for Webkinz academy classes because the system keeps booting them out of site. We have lost jobs money, fairy trys, games, wishing well etc.. all due to this problem.

The naming restrictions on pets is stupid. The room naming system w/ the new limits is totally limiting and not worth even trying. We have lost rare items we were purchasing from Curio due to site lag and boot offs. How about all the daily activities that the kids CAN'T due when the site is down or won't let you log on, because they haven't upgraded their systems.

And BFMPHOTO, it is MILLIONS of customers and account holders that they should be grateful for, but don't give a darn for. You are totally on point but to an even higher degree. My kids have new pets and my son is desperate to login in his code for his Porcupine Dumbledore (not sure the system will let him name this) and not sure he will get all the prizes, money, and bonus he is supposed to get... and he is very upset over the lack of equal rights for PUGS.. NO weekly PUG daily activities bonuses at all for oct for PUGS, just some on Sat and Sunday. But we went camping w/ the Scouts this weekend.. so I was the last one out the door doing Webkins on my kids accounts for them, & then 1st one it to do it when we got back on Sunday. (he wanted a whimsy dragon but picked PUG because in July they game me for MY birthday a Cheeky Monkey POTM that we put on HIS account that had all sorts of POTM bonuses and was fun). We got the Clidesdale but couldn't get those bonuses for my daughter as GANZ had too many problems w/ the site.

They have taken away too many games and activities, and have you been paying attention to the surveys we are getting. IT seems like they will be retireing a THEME soon. 1st they asked what is your favorite theme, (but they didn't even list them all), the next survey was what is you least favorite theme (and didn't list them all).. they did the same for characters, & features and games.. seems like some things will be leaving.

They should have MORE trading rooms and allow at least 12 per room (as there is room for 1 more table & 2 chairs) or just make new configuration that allows more trading tables.

The cost to Kinzpost is too high per item. We have been having to Kinzpost as so many of our families accounts don't have proper access to clubhouse. One still have blue screen, 1 has 1 tree. And others have 2 trees but the clubhouse doesn't seem to work most of the time anyways. error messages, booted out, sent to your house while trading etc..

These are simple programing problems!! Millions of sites do stuff like this all the time. Just fix it, manage it, maintain it properly!
Maeffy is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #46
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by cheekeemonki
..... We can not expect Ganz to be able to weed through all those legitimate and non legitiamate complaints about missing items. It's unfortunate that there are so many stinkers out there to ruin the fun. .......
The empty bonus boxes and POTM gifts have been a glitch going on since I started WW last October. They have had plenty of time to put safeguards on their computer programs to make sure this doesn't happen. They already check your account to see which POTM items you have in your account before giving you a new one. All they need to do is put a counter in that program in order to count how many POTM items you have before you click on the POTM bag, and then re-run part of the program to see how many you have in your account after. If x=y then you didn't get your item and then it should automatically try to give your item to you again, or it could flag your account for when you contact customer service. They could do something similar for the regular adoptions and bonus gift bags. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to program some of this stuff.

So although customer service may be unable to weed through all the complaints on their own, the WW programming should provide them with a basis as to whether the complaint is legitamate or not.

It now takes almost 4 minutes for one of my accounts to load when I log in. Why? The only new things they added were some new items. Maybe they started putting some safeguards in place (which are obviously not functional yet!) One can only hope.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #47

CanWeb is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting this - too bad - I guess calling is the only way to try to resolve problems -
Old 10-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #48
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by CanWeb
Thanks for posting this - too bad - I guess calling is the only way to try to resolve problems -
the only problem with that is you have to have a special code (they sent them in emails at one point) that you enter, because you cant leave a message any other way. so if you never got the code you cant complain
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #49
cheekeemonki is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by ajoysmom
the only problem with that is you have to have a special code (they sent them in emails at one point) that you enter, because you cant leave a message any other way. so if you never got the code you cant complain

I called without emailing first... if you wait for the message to end you can leave a message and so far I have received a callback within 24 hours. Let me just say... an empty POTM box is something quite different than items randomly disappearing. This glitch should be easy to track and the quickest solution would be to send all Pug Owners who registered in Oct. a new box/gift to make sure that everyone receives what they paid for.

Now when you call, remember, you get more with honey than vinegar. I have had more than satisfactory results with the two issues that I had.

Good Luck to you all and once you get your phone number and extension, keep it for the next time you have a problem.
cheekeemonki is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #50
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Whenever I have had a problem the only way it was ever solved was to speak with someone directly. Every single time I have had to speak with an actual CS rep, the rep was accommodating, friendly and very willing to help.

...Except for one time when my 10-yr old son had traded / collected for a bunch of POTM items which glitched into a giant trading card in the dock one day.... I asked the CS rep to please fix this and put the items back and he said that since we never got those items by actual adoptions there's nothing they can (will) do. I reminded him that it was GANZ error not ours, and if their site were programmed properly I wouldn't be on the phone in the first place. Again I was told, "There's nothing we can do." My son cried (he lost 6 packs of Donut plant Seeds) and since then he shows almost no interest in playing WW for more than 15 minutes at a time (in which time he usually gets booted off or the site glitches).... and has no interest in getting any new pets because he "doesn't trust Webkinz."

Sad but true.

I think the greed factor on GANZ's end has risen too high.
  • A barrage of new pets every month

• the eStore policies ($$$ purchase and no resale, trade, replacement value on what you buy there)

• Ratio of KC winnings : cost of items (really.... $14000 KC for a stupid Aztec bed, and the average winnings for playing a 15-minute Arcade game is what $80 - 100 KC? Not mention winnings are CAPPED... very unfair...) in addition to these 'rare' items showing up once per year..

• 1 year to complete an Academy course (provided you can pass them and not get booted out) which just incidently, is exactly as long as you get for purchasing a pet, forcing you to buy another one to keep what you've achieved

• Other restrictions: naming your pets, naming your rooms (which are meaningless, they can't even provide you the names of the themes they sell you so rooms have some recognition), limits on the amount of pets on one account, limits on rare to buy.... on and on...

Originally Posted by snowvillage
Once again I wonder if this isn't one of those sites run by "wunderkinden"...those 13 year old computer whizzes who are so great at starting games but can't be bothered to repair them when they don't work.
This is very insightful, I have worked in the IT / eCommerce industry for 10 years and I have suspected and commented on this for a long time... I know blatant incompetence / disinterested methods when I see them. It's either this, or you have just one programmer trying to keep up with all the demands of the 40-some managers telling him / her what to do to the site because of the bottom line.

The only thing that is extremely aggravating is how the glitches for our benefit get fixed almost immediately, but the other functional stuff on the site stays broken for months (we paid 500KC to go on "vacation", and were continually being booted offline or the site froze up... the first thing that happened was the life of our pet got scared out by the ghost- oh, well better pay what another 500KC to send the pet to the spa to make him all better? I don't think so).

Unless there's another Kinz that really, really, REALLY appeals to our family I will not be buying another pet... these obscure species they keep coming up with seem to be going the way of the Beanie Babies (really, a SKUNK for a pet? That's all I need is for my kids to approach one thinking they're friendly because they are in WW) .... and we all know what Ty did to themselves with those pets....

Thanks for allowing the rant... the fun in WW is starting to dissolve and the greed is starting to show through...

Last edited by likmfurry; 10-06-2008 at 01:25 PM..
likmfurry is offline Male
Closed

Tags
batmann

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: