Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Makes Changes to Canary PSI

Written by FIA
Thursday, 05 February 2009

We have another bit of news to report to you regarding yesterday's system update. The Pet Specific Item for the Lil Kinz Canary has been changed. As you can see in the pictures below, the old version of the Songbird Stereo (left) looks like an iPod and the new version of the Stereo (right) looks like a CD player. (The "new" image appears fuzzy only because this screen shot was taken "in game".)

The animation and the music for the PSI have been changed too. Webkinz Insider member RedBear has this to say about the change, "Instead of sounding like soothing Zen music, it sounds like carnival music. Instead of a relaxing stream of blue notes coming out of the stereo, notes pop out single file in a whimsical manner." WI member derring do describes the old music as "lovely, light-hearted calypso-type music with the birds in the background" and the new music as "a rather atonal orchestral piece".

Click the image to open in full size.
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Webkinz :)
Aswartz has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Makes Changes to Canary PSI

Thanks for news. I REALLY liked the old version so not sure why changed. Will have to check the new one out later today.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

i really liked the old music way better. i had hoped that since they changed it, maybe it would change between songs..... but that is not the case.

i hope ganz is reading our comments.

thanks fia.
miss spots is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
♀ jaxcat ϓ
Gift Guru

jaxcat has disabled reputation

This is highly unusual. What could be the explanation?
jaxcat is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Aswartz has a spectacular aura about

I have not listened yet but just the other day I had written it was the best PSI (in my opinion) that GANZ had done. Sounds like I will be changing my mind....oh well..Luckily we only listened to a couple times before. I just hope the Robin PSI plays music. Maybe the Robin took the Canary's song back???????
Old 02-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #6

shellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clown

You know, I didn't even notice this last night when I was in checking all my pets. But I did happen to notice that the Grey Owl now flies. Did anyone else notice this new change?

My daughter doesn't mind the new look, but would have liked them to leave well enough alone.
shellwcross is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Ha ! I knew they would have to change the way the PSI looks !!

When I saw that it looked like an iPod, I was thinking, Apple don't mess around, Ganz is soooooo gonna get in trouble for making it look just like an iPod.
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #8

mississippi gal has a spectacular aura about

I dont own this but i like the older one better ..they should have stayed with the orange color instead of the blue.. just doesnt look right
mississippi gal is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #9
Gift Guru

Smaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clown

Unfortunately, I didn't know the PSI played music so I never got to listen to the original music. I also thought it looked a lot like an ipod. Maybe that is why they changed it. Thanks for posting the news FIA!
Smaointe is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
faeriespixiedust

LIL PIXIE will become famous soon enough

I like the old version alot better then the new. The old version is much brighter and appealing. It's a shame that Ganz has changed it considering what reason did they have to change it. The only reason I see for the change is everyone says it looks like an Ipod and that might make problems with Apple.
LIL PIXIE is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: