Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Makes Changes to Canary PSI (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/breaking-news-ganz-makes-changes-canary-465781/)

FIA02-05-2009 10:48 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Makes Changes to Canary PSI

Written by FIA
Thursday, 05 February 2009

We have another bit of news to report to you regarding yesterday's system update. The Pet Specific Item for the Lil Kinz Canary has been changed. As you can see in the pictures below, the old version of the Songbird Stereo (left) looks like an iPod and the new version of the Stereo (right) looks like a CD player. (The "new" image appears fuzzy only because this screen shot was taken "in game".)

The animation and the music for the PSI have been changed too. Webkinz Insider member RedBear has this to say about the change, "Instead of sounding like soothing Zen music, it sounds like carnival music. Instead of a relaxing stream of blue notes coming out of the stereo, notes pop out single file in a whimsical manner." WI member derring do describes the old music as "lovely, light-hearted calypso-type music with the birds in the background" and the new music as "a rather atonal orchestral piece".

Aswartz02-05-2009 11:02 AM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Makes Changes to Canary PSI

Thanks for news. I REALLY liked the old version so not sure why changed. Will have to check the new one out later today.

miss spots02-05-2009 11:42 AM

i really liked the old music way better. i had hoped that since they changed it, maybe it would change between songs..... but that is not the case.

i hope ganz is reading our comments.

thanks fia.

jaxcat02-05-2009 11:50 AM

This is highly unusual. What could be the explanation?

Aswartz02-05-2009 11:54 AM

I have not listened yet but just the other day I had written it was the best PSI (in my opinion) that GANZ had done. Sounds like I will be changing my mind....oh well..Luckily we only listened to a couple times before. I just hope the Robin PSI plays music. Maybe the Robin took the Canary's song back???????

shellwcross02-05-2009 12:12 PM

You know, I didn't even notice this last night when I was in checking all my pets. But I did happen to notice that the Grey Owl now flies. Did anyone else notice this new change?

My daughter doesn't mind the new look, but would have liked them to leave well enough alone.

sno427002-05-2009 12:20 PM

Ha ! I knew they would have to change the way the PSI looks !! :2funny:

When I saw that it looked like an iPod, I was thinking, Apple don't mess around, Ganz is soooooo gonna get in trouble for making it look just like an iPod.

mississippi gal02-05-2009 12:25 PM

I dont own this but i like the older one better ..they should have stayed with the orange color instead of the blue.. just doesnt look right

Smaointe02-05-2009 12:52 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't know the PSI played music so I never got to listen to the original music. I also thought it looked a lot like an ipod. Maybe that is why they changed it. Thanks for posting the news FIA! :)

LIL PIXIE02-05-2009 01:07 PM

I like the old version alot better then the new. The old version is much brighter and appealing. It's a shame that Ganz has changed it considering what reason did they have to change it. The only reason I see for the change is everyone says it looks like an Ipod and that might make problems with Apple.