Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #31
sallycinderella
Webkinz :)

gracedarling is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Breaking News: Ganz Introduces Kinzville Newz

I think it's about time that webkinz provided more news about what they are doing on the site, etc. However, I have my doubts about whether they are planning on using this to inform us about things we really need to know - like whats happening with areas that are not working on webkinz, etc.

I also, from first glances, think that they could have found a way to not make the site pretty much a rip off of WI. It feels to me like they intend to take WI's audience for themselves, which would just be wrong - and unneccesary as most of us would be happy to use both sites regularly if they found a niche for themselves.

They should have put more time and effort into this if they were going to try it ... and made it really their own effort, not someone elses. However, I will give it a chance and hope that it will be worth my time.

---------- gracedarling added 3 Minutes and 18 Seconds later ----------

Oh yes, and I agree with others, they should really fix things on the site that need fixing before putting new things out. However, I would guess there are different staff members with different talents and skills working on the new site to the programmers working on the webkinz site itself.

Last edited by gracedarling; 11-19-2008 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #32
PinkRed Balloons
Gift Guru

momma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Breaking News: Ganz Introductes Kinzville Newz

View Post Originally Posted by cattails5
Like you guys are doing such a great job here Justin, they are just trying to steal your thunder right?

It is an interesting idea - but I wish they'd fix the main site first!
Amen to that!
momma501 is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #33
Babs1978

Babs invented the repBabs invented the repBabs invented the repBabs invented the rep
Babs invented the repBabs invented the repBabs invented the repBabs invented the repBabs invented the repBabs invented the rep

Amazing it took ww this long to give ww members info, but wi is the best place for all our ww info. Thanks guys.
Babs is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #34
Eternal Summer

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

Imitation is the best form of flattery.

I felt like I was looking at a duplicate of ..........

Without the fun - - or the heart.
GPX Navigators is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #35
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Many WI members have reported finding a new ad on WW that directs you to a new Ganz site called KinzvilleNewz. The site is dedicated to upcoming news, information and contests for WW players--shockingly similar to what we've been doing for the last year and a half.

Click the image to open in full size.

[Click for Article...]
you should send them what i post when i see someone has copied something of mine:

"Huh. This looks oddly familiar ."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. -- though they say "imitation is flattery", i never like it. sorry about that for you!
RedBear is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #36
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

well i guess WI should be kinda proud. at least we know ganz is paying attention to what is going on. who knows maybe they will keep watching WI and actually LISTEN to us here on WI. i still think WI will be better
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #37
icked Awesome

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

Well I for one like WI better. I also think that before Ganz decides to try its hand at ANYTHING else they need to get their main site straight.

Maybe try having everything work properly for oh lets say a coupld of months BEFORE they share resources they need on something like this.

JMO
Melissa30067 is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 PM   #38
Goofball
Gift Guru

volleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guidevolleyuup is a golden guide

I've seen the new ads and saw the new site. I don't quite understand why they are doing it now but I think that it's cool!
volleyuup is offline Female
Old 11-20-2008, 02:19 AM   #39
One Just Ducky
Gift Guru

luvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a hero
luvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a hero

Donation Award 

The site looks like a great addition. I'll bet they got a lot of thier ideas from WI. Even though it's a great addition, it will never replace WI, because here we have such fast and informative info and breaking news from so many of the members. We get updated on what's going on in WW at any given moment. We'd be so in the dark without WI. Keep up the great work WI! You Rock!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:58 AM   #40
froggymom617 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by williamson_39
As usual, Ganz appears to react to protect their turf, without really understanding the opportunity. They see people coming here for information, without wondering why they do. There is a big difference in what you are doing Justin, because it is collaborative and engages the community. Theirs is just another one-way path, of which they have more than enough already. Not surprising that they don't get it, and therefore no threat to WI, but a shame all the same.
I totally agree with you that it is the community aspect that draws us here. I enjoy Kinzchat plus and chatting in the clubhouse but it is when I find someone from here that I have the most fun. I know that I can come here any time of the day or night and any day to talk about what is happening. And, most importantly, I don't have to worry about getting kicked back to my dock in the middle of a post.

---------- froggymom617 added 7 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

Also, Gracedarling mentions that it looks like a way to take WI members from here and keep the at WW but I disagree. It doesn't look like there is anyway to chat with others about what is going on. I am not sure that I will use that site because there is so much good information here. Look at how we were helped when the token dartz was broken this weekend. I don't see a place for people to post anything on Kinzville News so what is the point of going there when it will still be here. Afterall, I already don't know it first so if someone finds it on Kinzville News and posts it here it won't be much different that the timing that I get information now. I will only go for the contest information most likely.

Last edited by froggymom617; 11-20-2008 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
froggymom617 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
coldplay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: