Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #31
I'm a dancing
Gift Guru

1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Announces More Retirements

I'm sorry but that is getting seriously out of hand. People are going to get clued in soon enough that the reason why they are doing that is so people will go faster in buying them before they are pernemtly gone. It's one huge moneygrabber. Ganz needs to smarten up. Thats just my opinion.
1220panda is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #32
Webkinz :)
Leanalynn is an unknown quantity at this point

As a mom to two webkinz loving kids, I am not so thrilled about this. It's already bad enough, that we buy 2-3 of each pet, so each of us can have them, but to be "forced" by Ganz, to buy 3-4 pets, and several of each, within such a short period of time stinks!

We have already got 2 fish and 2 dinos, but now I need to get the third soon, because they are retiring. talk about adding up! LOL

Also, what does everyone do with all the multiple plushies? We really don't need 2-3 of each, but want the virtual versions.
Leanalynn is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #33

Iheartcarrots is an unknown quantity at this point

Slow down, Ganz! I'm still without my toucan. I think it's kinda strange the manatee isn't being retired. I've seen the fantail goldfish everywhere, It is highly available. Whereas the manatee I cannot find but one single place.
Iheartcarrots is offline Male
Old 08-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #34
cookiekinz98

snuggiepuppy is on a distinguished road

I have both the dino and the goldie, but he sheep and the velvety pig may not be retiring. You know how many times WI has been wrong about pet retirerments
Old 08-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #35
ladyprobatiner
Gift Guru

ladyprobationer will become famous soon enough

I think Ganz needs to rethink what they are doing. They have a good thing going and with the Wcare program they are putting out a lot of Webkins. They need to put out a few a month and not retire them before people have time to buy them. If I waited untill I could get any new one where I live I would never have a new one. I have to go 50 miles to get to a store that carries new ones and the wcare pet. The state of the economy is not good now and a lot of people are trying to do for their children or selves and the money is running short now. With the price of webkinz they really need to rethink their output of the number they put out and retire.
ladyprobationer is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #36

02dawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Im also having a hard time finding the manatee but I can find the fish in most of the stores. There is a lot of the Webkinz I would had liked to buy but they were retired. I wish there was a way you could just buy the codes if you want without having to buy the stuffed animal. For like mabe half the price the stuffed animal costs. I dont no where to put all the plushies, kinda runing out of room. It would be great to have the choice if you wanted the stuffed animal or if you wanted just the code.
02dawn is offline Female
Old 08-21-2008, 01:55 AM   #37
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

TESSA19 its not because you are new to webkinz that this makes no sense to you! there are many people on wi who cant figure out why they are retiring the new webkinz , some even before they reach the stores. and dont worry, nothing bad will happen if you buy one and play with it on ww................... in fact, that will be a lucky thing for you to find any that are retired because that means ganz will never be making that particular pet anymore................ when they are gone they are gone............................. some of us are mad because we actually PLAY with the plushies, and when they are treated mearly as 'collectables' then it is harder for us to find them and play with them, many of us want one of each. i guess we are all trying to figure out why they are starting to do this. they never used to do this. you had time to buy them and you could pretty much find them too..................... no rush, rush, rush..............
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 08-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #38
loveme41200

Talking Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Announces More Retirements

i dont understand why they retire pets anyway. they lose so much money bc I would buy a love puppy and sherbet bunny. Anyway, I think that they shouldnt retire anything but escpecially the ones that havent come out yet. Thanks for the info Justin

I WANT THE !!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #39

Macalla is an unknown quantity at this point

if they retire them faast they can keep making so many new ones then sales stay up and then supply and demand gets all confusing. lol
Macalla is offline Male
Old 08-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #40
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Has anyone noticed that they are retiring the FIRST ones of the NEW products ??? I know there are other ones that are retired, too, but the FIRST ones...The Tiger Snake...first of it's type; The Toco Toucan...first of it's type; The Goldfish...first of it's type...See what I mean? If they introduce a new TYPE of animal, they have been retiring the FIRST released.

---------- Dixiecup added 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

I think it bumps up the value of them...like the Pegasus and the Unicorn. The American albino, that one is beyond me, but I bet ANY money that the Eagle (because of it's nature as a MAJOR symbol for the US and as an 'imperiled species' will be the next to retire OR it will be the Silverback Gorilla, which was the first released of that series.)
The Cocoa dinosaur, just about forgot to mention that. I bet they did that because look at how it drove the sales of the Whimzy Dragon when almost all distributors got only half their shipment! Does this mean we will be seeing more dinosaurs?

Last edited by Dixiecup; 08-21-2008 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: