Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow BREAKING NEWS: Floating Ribbons in Webkinz World!!

Click the image to open in full size.
Late last night, Ganz sprung a surprise on everyone and has started putting "floating ribbons" in Webkinz World (shown on the left)!! They are "Pet of the Month ribbons", and are just like the Fall Festival leaves!! When you click on one, you are awarded a "Chocolate Medallion".

There are 3 important discoveries about the "floating ribbons":
  1. They follow the same pattern as the Fall Festival leaves, which is the 'chance every 6 minutes' rule. More detailed instructions on the '6 minute rule' are included if you click 'Read More'.
  2. You do not have to have a Pet of the Month to get the medallion! We're not sure if it's a glitch or if it's intentional, but users have reported that everyone sees the medallions and can get the prize!
  3. This is only for today, Thursday, November 15th. It will not run a week, like Fall Festival. It will probably come back, but who knows when?

Strategy
Of course you want to get as many as you can today, because, as far as we can tell it's only for today at this point. It is likely to come back in the future, but you just never know. So, here's the strategy, which was developed from the Fall Festival leaf behavior and still holds true for the floating ribbons!!When you first log in, you must be patient and wait awhile, sometimes over 30 minutes for the first ribbon to appear. Once it appears and you click on it, note the time.

From then on, you are on a 6 minute time schedule, based on the time you saw your first ribbon. Now,that doesn't mean that you will see a ribbon every 6 minutes, but it doesmean you have a random chance of seeing one every 6 minutes, and only during that time. Whether or not a ribbon appears, you will stay on this 6 minute time schedule.

Here's an example: You log in at 10:02 am. You wait some time in your room and see your first ribbon at 10:23 am. From then on, you have a chance to see one every 6 minutes. This would mean you have a chance (but not guaranteed) to see one at 10:29, 10:35, 10:41, 10:47, 10:53, 10:59, 11:05, 11:11, 11:17....... and so on, until you log out! Just set a timer to remind you to check your Webkinz World window every 6 minutes and you can do other things while 'waiting'. Also, a behavior observed with Fall Festival is that 'changing rooms or activities' sometimes resets the 6 minute schedule, so you're best off staying in one area!

Here's a picture of what happens when you click it, and a dock image. Thanks to WEBKINZONLY from our forum for getting these nice screenshots to me!

[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
By night i'm a
Webkinz :)

cubbyfanjohn has a spectacular aura aboutcubbyfanjohn has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Floating Ribbons in Webkinz World!!

thank you justin
Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
ced07
CoreysMommaKinz is an unknown quantity at this point

I got one!!!! yahoooo!!!! 10:19.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
By night i'm a

cubbyfanjohn has a spectacular aura aboutcubbyfanjohn has a spectacular aura about

yay!!!! first post!!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
Gift Guru

renddersgirl has a spectacular aura about

Got quit a few last night!!! YEAH!! Thanks justin!!
renddersgirl is offline Female
Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
Flash flood

Yeah! They're awesome!

---------- Flash flood added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

I got a couple last night around 9:30 my time (0:30 KT)!

Last edited by Flash flood; 11-15-2007 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
It's a Fudge Monkey
Gift Guru

Jordyn has a spectacular aura about

*breathing heavily* Yay! Good thing we got school done at 9 AM (Homeschooled) Now we have all day, so cute!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

Very cool...I have gotten them on accounts with and without Black Bears so everyone gets to enjoy these goodies which is nice! And yes...room changes definately mess up the 6 minute rule...as does if you are in a room with more then one pet and you click on another pet to play with it...the time will then reset But I have seen 7 madallions so far and have caught 5...so it's all good!
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 11-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #9
e'r the Gator Nation
Gift Guru

Luckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicness
Luckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicness

Love catching those ribbons - I caught two.
Luckylion is offline Female
Old 11-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #10
pm me for it
Gift Guru
blackandgold1 has a spectacular aura about

I got one yeah
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: