Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default BREAKING NEWS: Beauty Class Level 10 Prize Revealed

Written by FIA
Friday, 09 January 2009

Thank you to Webkinz Insider member chapman12 for sharing this first-ever in-game image of the Kinzville Academy Beauty Class Level 10 Prize with us. Instead of receiving an item for her Webkinz house, like all other previous Academy prizes, this time a brand new game called "Plumpy's Hairdresser" was unlocked in the Arcade for her. According to the game instructions, "After all of your hard work at the Kinzville Academy it's time for your pet's education to pay off." Instead of paying to take the class, now she can get paid to style Plumpy's hair. On her first try chapman12 made it up to level 8 and earned 147 KC.

Click the image to open in full size.

NOTE: The diploma pictured on the wall behind Plumpy is something you can only see in the game. It is NOT a prize.

After playing up to level 14 and earning 342 KC, chapman12 had this to say about her prize:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapman12
I still am disappointed that this is the prize. Seriously, if [the Ganz employees] had to attend this class 275 days just to get to play it more I think they would understand. Maybe lots of people will complain and help them rethink their decision. It would have been much better if they gave you a prize and the game since they give you prize boxes for all the other classes.
Webkinz Insider member mayas.mom, who has also completed Level 10, had this to say about the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayas.mom
If you aren't crazy about doing the class in Kinzville Academy, then I recommend you stop wasting your money now because the game is the same thing! It pays OK, but, I, like alot of you, didn't really "enjoy" this class. I think it's safe to assume that cooking class is going to be a pancake game, which I'm not real happy about either! However, since I only have 26 days left, I will finish it just because I'm so close at this point
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
charming122101
Gift Guru

charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Beauty Class Level 10 Prize Revealed

I agree with Chapman, my pet stopped taking the class as soon as I found out the prize
Too bad we were to level 9. Send this to Ganz!!
charming is offline Female
Old 01-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
kmoney07
Gift Guru

Jrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to behold

Thank you so much for being brave enough to finish this class so the rest of us don't have to! Seriously, I don't see myself working through the aggravation of another 2+ months just to be able to play hairdresser as a game - I have enough aggravation trying to complete the rest of my KA classes!

I can only assume the cooking class will do the same thing - not sure if I'm going to move forward with this class either.

Chapman, you've been an amazing pioneer through all the KA levels. Thanks for keeping the rest of us motivated and informed with all your helpful posts!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
hite n Fluffy Love!
Gift Guru

calabelle is a creator of wonder
calabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wonder

Hmm... Iinteresting. If you really think about it, you're paying for your 'education' at beauty school so now as a 'hairdresser' you're getting paid! Sounds like the real world
Looks like ur prize is that diploma too.

Congrats!!
calabelle is offline Female
Old 01-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
Gifted

vegas510 is on a distinguished road

I have three pets ready to finish level ten I will no longer spend kc to finish a course only to work even harder to earn any kc back. It should have been a choice of prizes just like the rest. This is so unfair for it took a LONGGGG time to do. I hope this will be reconsidered. If you have more than one pet you only get one game what waste for the rest.
vegas510 is offline Female
Old 01-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

How much do you want to bet this ends up as a survey question?

Will you be graduating from your Kinzville Academy Talent classes, Cooking and Hairdressing?

● Yes! I love the classes so much that the fact I'm paying and they take just short of an entire year to complete doesn't even faze me. Plus I want to be able to play the game over and over instead of getting anything else by retaking the classes in the Academy.

● Probably. But the ONLY reason is that I've come so far and since we just found out about this now it's kind of a cop-out to quit at this point.

● I think I'll just walk away at this point. Nice one, GANZ.

● Hmmm. I'd have to be really, really bored to bother with this any longer to want to continue. So I'm officially quitting Ms Cowoline's Talent classes and enjoying my KinzCash and time.

No way. This Academy is a chore and immense expense to begin with, and now that there's no real prize, not even an award waiting at the end, what's the point? I hope KA goes broke and gets deserted by every alumni who ever attended it. Thanks for nothing, GANZ.

Personally I'll be finishing with my pet because Cooking is kind of fun right now. But I doubt that I'll ever play it in the Arcade when I finally graduate it, because by then I'll be so sick of cooking, I won't care even if the prize money is good.... yes kind of like real life
Old 01-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

well congrats for completing the class and i have to agree with you. its a cop out prize. there should be something else, a better prize. i stopped going to the academy because i kept losing KC due to the "please waits"
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 01-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
Webkinz :)

MetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud of

That really stinks. Didn't you used to get a real prize associated with the game like a salon station or something?? I am not that high in the levels so I don't remember what I read. But to unlock a game...UGH! Maybe unlock a game AND get the prize would be more like it!
MetalMama is offline Female
Old 01-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
Webkinz :)

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

Hi,

I would like to point out, (but, I am not good at taking screen shots)....if someone would like to try and grab a screen shot of the KINZVILLE ACADEMY GUIDE (the blue folder on Mrs. Cowoline's desk--marked "Kinzville Academy--Your Guide to Learning" )....and perhaps POINT IT OUT during one of their arguments to the GANZ STAFF (particularly with the SUPERVISOR staff)....that for the "SPECIAL CLASSES"....it says:

WHAT COURSES CAN I SIGN MY PET UP FOR?....

[condensed down.....]

There are also TALENT COURSES for training special pet TALENTS which will be introduced for SPECIFIC TALENT competitions.

(that would the WEBKINZ STADIUM).

This page can be found on the PAGE directly BEFORE the picture of the DIPLOMA in the KINZVILLE ACADEMY -- YOUR GUIDE TO LEARNING.

I think it is WRONG the way they made it seem like you would NEED these talent classes for the STADIUM, only for those of us to start taking the classes to find out that the STADIUM COMPETITON had nothing to do with the talent classes but rather the STYLE and CREATIVITY classes.....

fluffrnuttr

Old 01-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
Gifted

EHeinze5 knows the way
EHeinze5 knows the way

I am so sorry about that very disappointing prize chapman12. I won't be going any further in that class if that is all you get.
EHeinze5 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
ganz please read!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: