Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #91
bigduck
Gifted

bigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Blue Dragster Replica at eStore on August 1st

I'm kind of excited about it..
But I think it's unfair to people
who have it for trade and waiting
for a good offer. I know if I was in they're
place, I'd be pretty mad.
JMO though.
bigduck is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #92
eleven wackies
Webkinz :)

KevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a hero
KevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a hero

View Post Originally Posted by imp17
I do not like this at all. I think by Ganz doing this there is no point in retiring items at all. What a waste of trying to collect items. It ruins the idea of trading. What are they going to do next take away the trading room from the clubhouse?

I honestly don't even see the point of buying any estore replica of a real item, to me it just seems worthless, I mean what is the point of buying an item like that anyway you can't really show it off. The main reason most people have items like that is to show them off in the trade rooms. Buying a replica you can't do anything with it but sit it in your room. To me that is a complete waste of money. I fortunately traded away three really good items to get the real thing so I will not be wasting my money on August 1.

What are they going to put in there next the retired cheecky cat and dog, a virtual only pet version of it or the purple which hat? I bet people would really dislike that.
Agreed. Why don't they bring it back forever?
KevinELevin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #93

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by chmoneybags
What better way for Ganz to make EASY MONEY.

Replicate retired items that are very, very, very hard to trade for which means everyone wants one and would sell their (brother, sister, mother, father, spouse, first born, you fill in the blank) down the river to get their hands on one.

Coding is already done, just add replica to the title, throw it in the estore and instant CASH COW.

Not very fair for those who held on, biding their time to see the value achieve "PRICELESS". Will we see the original value go down, absolutely. (Very little supply and less demand). Those who want one will buy the replica and have loose interest in the original, but there are those die hard collectors who will still want one and work to trade for one, but will those so lucky to have the original be willing to trade for the new lower value???

Or am I wrong, will people just see it as pixels and not have much interest in spending hard earned money on such a non tangible item.
i would hope people would just see pixels but the e store popularity has already disproven that theory. when companies retire items the value isn't usually affected by copies. if you have ever seen antiques roadshow on PBS you can see that copies are never as valuable. but when you take an e item, with nothing tangible behind it, the values are different. everyone who wants it can now get it. the items that they hold valuble will now not be traded for the dragster if the replica is sitting there. you really can't put a true value on non tangible items. i feel this will start to affect all the items in this catagory. the more replicas ganz releases, the more demand there will be. i'm sure the amount of money that ganz makes with each replica release contributes to the next. ganz see's this as so profitable that a recent theme very very similar to curio shop rares is being sold in the e store. i think it was created to be the next rare theme. but if people are willing to spend the cash, any business is going to take the most profitable option. thats just the way businesses work. and we keep buying at the e store. it's not something we can change now. the e store is a runaway train. i feel really sorry for all the people who worked so hard for their dragster. i hope you find a place to trade where people value the real McCoy
nicolee1978 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #94
ho U Calln Special I
Banned
UncleTimmay wears the mantle of perfection with graceUncleTimmay wears the mantle of perfection with graceUncleTimmay wears the mantle of perfection with graceUncleTimmay wears the mantle of perfection with graceUncleTimmay wears the mantle of perfection with graceUncleTimmay wears the mantle of perfection with graceUncleTimmay wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

I don't know why everyone who has the original is freaking out. I would bet 2 of my Webkinz accounts that this item will say replica just like the ice cream tree, therefore you will lose no value of your original. I only need 2 cars to complete my collection and that is the original one of these and the cloud car which I am half way to getting. I will buy one of these until I can get someone to let go of the original one. I will be buying it at 12:00:0000001am

I can hardly wait! I'm so excited I might not even sleep for the next 2 days until this baby is in my car dealership next to my hoover car.
UncleTimmay is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #95
Gift Guru

tkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clown

Not for me!

I like the car just fine, but I don't think it devalues the retired one because I am getting a dock filled with items that can't be exchanged, traded, sold, mailed, blown up, or in any way removed from the account.

All you can do with eStore stuff you grow tired of is make a little room for it far far away from your "real house", stick it in there, and fuggetabbatit. The "WOW Fountain room", in the ghetto where no one ever goes.

Now if Arte put the car up on Christmas day as a one-time only offer, which might devalue it a bit, I'd jump on it. Because I like it, but I want to be able to remove the stuff when I get sick of it.

tkprit is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #96

Mitzi900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that like, an exclusive item that is retired or something?
Mitzi900 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #97

Mitzi900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who would even want that thing? I mean, it really isn't that cool.
Mitzi900 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricanes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: