Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #981
Webkinz :)
Birddy13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Ask the Creative Director Contest - Win an Ultra-Rare Director's Chair!

Hi!

Would you ever create an Alyssa game like the Doug the Dog gem hunt? We have several thrones but lots and lots of stars saved. It would be fun to look for Alyssa like we look for Doug!
Thank you for your time and considering our ideas
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #982
Lil Kinz
Uptown Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Ask the Creative Director Contest - Win an Ultra-Rare Director's Chair!

Okay, I'm so excited for this chance to ask some questions straight to the Creative Director himself! Thanks for this awesome opportunity!

Will you ever retire Pet of the Month items, as more and more new ones are introduced?

Also, do you have any plans to give us more options when purchasing outdoor rooms? Such as selecting snow flooring and backgrounds, sand flooring for beachy outdoor areas, or the traditional grass option. I think I'm speaking for most people when I say how awesome it would be to have more flexibility with this. For example, I would love to enjoy my winter rooms long after the snow has melted in WW.

Would you ever consider forming a partnership with Disney to release Disney themed items into WW? How cute would our little Webbies be sporting Mouse ears? Or even better....a Tinkerbelll costume!

I would love to see more exciting happenings going on over at the travel agency. Will you ever retire the current prizes and introduce new ones, to keep our interest going? Maybe some new raffles?

Thanks!
Uptown Girl

Old 02-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #983
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Mazin' Hamster question, part B (part A is in previous post, but these can either be considered 2 parts to the same question or you can treat them separately):

Recently, there has been another change to the Hamster programming. The background images in the Hamlet areas have been changed and are now more detailed and very beautiful. I really love them! When I go into a Hamlet area, this is what I see:

A beautiful background image, with a castle in the background:
Click the image to open in full size.

I get a little closer:

Now, I pause for a second to decide whether I want to run forward through the field or not.

But, this is what happens when I pause (and my hamster does not change location from the previous picture):

There is NO field to run through! As a matter of fact, there are boulders there which I just couldn't see until I paused for a few seconds! If my hamster got a little closer without pausing, then the boulders would have appeared; but they only appear when the hamster gets close enough to them.

My question to Part B:

Please let us know your opinion on why the Hamlet has been changed and if this is a permanent change to the Hamlet? It is very "foggy" (almost like a negative image in some cases) and you can't see very far in front of where your Hamster is standing/moving (but the background images render perfectly--even through boulders). Perhaps this change was made to make it harder for us to complete the challenges (now that we can't see more than a few yards in front of our hamster--with the exception of the far off background)?

What are the reasons behind the recent changes to the Hamster areas? Will these changes be adjusted so that the Hamster areas are more realistic as to how we humanly see objects, distant images and landmarks? When will we be able to enjoy playing with our hamsters in the Hamlet without felling like we are walking through a thick fog? Can you play in the Hamlet and let us know what you think?

Thank you!

Attached Images
File Type: jpgw11 hamlet1.JPG (51.6 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpgw11 hamlet2.JPG (55.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpgw11 hamlet3.JPG (51.8 KB, 58 views)
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 02-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #984

victoria19 will become famous soon enough

will there be a new line of birthstone pets?

will there be a series 5 trading card series?

will you ever lower the price of deluxe memberships?

will you make some more kinz chat smileys?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #985

Priceless has disabled reputation

There are so many features in WW, which makes it awesome, but is there any modification that you regret making or wish you could've changed?
Priceless is offline Male
Old 02-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #986
Lil Kinz
Uptown Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

This would be an incredible feature to add. I go bonkers at times trying to find things in my house.

I like the way you think, kitkat

View Post Originally Posted by kitkat817
Dear Creative Director,

Would you consider adding some type of search function within our pets' houses? Many times I am searching for an item I know I have, but don't remember which room, and I have to go room by room to find it. Perhaps even an inventory list for each room that you could click on.

Thank you for your consideration.

-Kitkat817
Old 02-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #987

hunner is on a distinguished road

1. In the past few years several professional sports teams have had promotions for webkinz, and I was wondering if there were any team specific webkinz being created for any upcoming giveaways? I would love to see a T.C. Bear giveaway for the MN Twins this summer!

2. Would it be possible to have a contest to design a new webkinz that would actually be made and put up for sale, possibly one of the limited edition ones that are starting to come out?

3. From start to finish, how long does it take for a webkinz to go from the drawing board to being on the shelf in a store?

hunner is offline Male
Old 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #988
Diabetes Awareness

SnowPearl360 has a spectacular aura aboutSnowPearl360 has a spectacular aura about

How did Ganz come up with the name Webkinz?
How did you come up the really cute "thread fur" like on the cocker spaniel and golden retriever?
Who does all the coding for your site?
Is Webkinz HQ like a big room with a bunch of huge computers mounted on the wall?
What was the second country Webkinz were sold in?
Can you buy Webkinz in Antarctica?
SnowPearl360 is offline Female
Old 02-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #989
hess27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Webkinz,

Will you ever:

1. Bring back the game "Dashing Dolphins" or
2. Bring back the game "Skater Kat"?

I loved these games so much, and I was devestated when they retired. When Webkinz says they're bringing back a new game, I really hopeit is one of those. Thank you!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #990

MommyluvsWebkinz2 is on a distinguished road

Hello there, and thank you for such an awesome opportunity! To speak with you directly is certainly exciting!

Well my question for you concerns my ultimate WW dream item...the Room Design Trophy. (yes the chair is pretty nice too ) Lately, you've been awarding estore pets and such for the room design contests, and I'm wondering if 2011 will bring us any contests with this beautiful trophy as the grand prize. Wouldn't you love to give a few away? And a contest with no item restrictions would be so much fun!

I'm certainly a fan of good design. I think you would love my rooms if you could just get a peek at them. We could even make arrangements for you to browse my account and enjoy them for yourself. I think you would agree that a trophy would be right at home with my other prized possessions. (you could even drop a trophy into my dock, and I wouldn't tell a soul about it...LOL)

So, are there any trophies in store for us in the near future? I really hope so. In the meantime, I'll keep my creative juices flowing, just in case.

Also, I'm a big fan of the Academy. I apologize if this question has already been presented...I haven't had the time to read through this entire thread. At some point, will you consider retiring some of the Academy prizes, or introducing some new, interactive ones?

Oh, and one more thing. You may have gotten this question already, but I'm dying to know...Do you have a real Director's Chair in your office? Does it look at all like the trophy?

Thanks for taking the time to consider our questions.

Mommyluvswebkinz2
MommyluvsWebkinz2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
<3 i c e d a n c e, alley&kate&ali, amber420 :], binky was here, cheeky!, cool contest!, coolio101 was here ♥, f l a m e d a n c e, f o o t o n t a b l e, footontable is sad, goldendoodle, i ask to many ?s, i hope i win :), it's jj(:, james is mangarine, jellydonut!, lanawas here!!, lavenderdancy(:, meggieswebbies, never.say.never♥, pigster, seasambellsyd=bffs., tag took your tag, underneaththesun♥, we♥thecdirector!♥♥♥♥♥

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: