Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #151
Webkinz :)

ginnyspets1a is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Ask the Creative Director Contest - Win an Ultra-Rare Director's Chair!

How do you find out all the things going on in webkinz world and put it out for us to see?
Also how do you get all the prizes you give out since you say you are not affiliated with webkinz? btw I think you are cool!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #152
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: Ask the Creative Director Contest - Win an Ultra-Rare Director's Chair!

we all know that each item in ww can only go in certain types of rooms. in the beginning of designing ww why did you program it this way? will you ever change this programming so that any item can go in any type room? ( because it takes away our imaginations to be told what goes where, on top of it being very frustrating...........)
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #153
fanaty
Gifted

fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!

1. When you create new pets, clothes, themes, etc. do you have a panel of people who sit and decide if they like them or not or do you actually have kids come in and play with them to test them out and if it's a super hit will it automatically go to the estore and if it's not so great of a hit will you make it a limited item so that will make the want for it go up?

2. Do you ever bring in adults that play it to test items out or do you do like surveys to see whats popular and if so how do we go about signing up for them?

3. Have you ever thought of going through old accounts that have not been played with for several years and gathering up the items and just randomly giving out the items so that one day you could log on and find a note that says you have a surprise waiting for you from an abandoned account and find super old items like red lavas or blue dragsters?

4. Do you have a select group of employees who scan the sites such as WI to see what everyone is saying to get new ideas or to fix common occurring problems as they arise just to stay on top of things?

5. Will you do tours every year and just change the look of the van so the virtual vans will each be unique and collectible?

OK goodness I have a ton of questions running through my mind but I am so tired I can't keep them from running together so I think I will just leave it at that for now. Thank you so much for the opportunity to ask questions of you.
fanaty is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #154
Gifted

bp13 is a splendid one to beholdbp13 is a splendid one to beholdbp13 is a splendid one to beholdbp13 is a splendid one to behold

What I would love to ask the Creative Director is how much influence the fans, at sites like WI, have over what you choose to do creatively in WW. How do you decide whether to give weight to ideas coming from the fans? What proportion of creative ideas originate with the fans, and what proportion originate with your team? How do you choose which ideas to implement and which to put on the back burner? A slightly different way of asking the same thing might be to ask "How can we as fans with creative ideas maximize our influence?"

Thanks!
bp13 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 02:48 AM   #155
I always knew I was
Gifted

Ribbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud of

My first question is a technological one.
I know that your developers and programmers have a lot on their hands already with ironing out glitches and releasing updates but has any research been done into having WW make the jump from Flash based technology to HTML5?

My second question is a little more personal.
As the creative director of a very large virtual world you must have to immerse yourself into the culture and setting of WW itself quite frequently. Do you ever find that you bring a little bit of it with you? i.e. Having to mail something and thinking "Oh I need to Kinzpost this"

My third question is just about the job.
About how long does it take between the time that you and your team (assuming you work with a team) come up with an idea, get the idea approved and it is implemented on WW??

That's all I have. Thanks to Justin for giving us this chance and to the CD for answering our questions, whatever ones are chosen.

Last edited by Ribbitsqueak; 02-02-2011 at 02:49 AM.. Reason: Missed a word
Ribbitsqueak is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 03:42 AM   #156

bigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to all

1. My question is this... How many accounts opened on the very first day of Webkinz World opening? And did it catch on quickly where all of a sudden thousands of accounts were being opened or was it just a nice steady stream of accounts being opened? And just for curiosity sake, how many active accounts are there right now in all of Webkinz World? (World Wide)

2. Do you personally have a webkinz account? where you actually make rooms and such? This way if you do you would be able to see some of the glitches and frustrations of not being able to move doors and putting certain items in only some rooms.
bigfireball is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 AM   #157
Frozen's taken over.

1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder
1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder1754JasmineJ397 is a creator of wonder

My question is this: Will there ever be new items, such as books and toys, in the W-Shop?
1754JasmineJ397 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #158
Lil Kinz
m922 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to love to be able to name my rooms. When that feature was taken away and exchanged for a choice from a list, I assumed there had been some spoilsports naming rooms inappropriately. However, I am lost in my Webkinz house now that I can't name a room using my own words. Is it possible to change this back in the future? Perhaps make it like kinzchat where some words are not accepted?

Thanks....
Old 02-02-2011, 06:08 AM   #159
Lil Kinz
RatsRCool is on a distinguished road

I thought the hamsters were a great addition, and hope you continue to add to that. I'd love to see more of a fantasy-type world with challenges and searches for the hamsters, maybe even puzzle-solving type adventures. Any possibility of that?
RatsRCool is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 AM   #160
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

Ganz CD ~ Thank you for your time.

We've heard scuttlebutt about doors.

Qtn: Could you please tell us if there are any real plans to change the programming on doors in the next calendar year?

(ie: so that we can move/remove them)

Respectfully,
Bankskinz - the MamaKinz of the family (definition of an addicted family: our Webbie family has grown from 0 to over 70 in two years time!)
Bankskinz is offline Female
Closed

Tags
<3 i c e d a n c e, alley&kate&ali, amber420 :], binky was here, cheeky!, cool contest!, coolio101 was here ♥, f l a m e d a n c e, f o o t o n t a b l e, footontable is sad, goldendoodle, i ask to many ?s, i hope i win :), it's jj(:, james is mangarine, jellydonut!, lanawas here!!, lavenderdancy(:, meggieswebbies, never.say.never♥, pigster, seasambellsyd=bffs., tag took your tag, underneaththesun♥, we♥thecdirector!♥♥♥♥♥

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: