Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   April Holidays: Earth Day, Spring Celebration, & Webkinz Day (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/april-holidays-earth-day-spring-celebration-689554/)

FIA04-04-2011 10:23 PM

April Holidays: Earth Day, Spring Celebration, & Webkinz Day

A new front page story has been added:

April Holidays: Earth Day, Spring Celebration, & Webkinz Day

April is a big month for Holidays in Webkinz World. We have Spring Celebration (aka Easter), Earth Day, and Webkinz Day to celebrate at the end of the month. The seasonal plushies are already in stores, and some holiday items are already for sale in the Ganz eStore.

To learn how each of these holidays is celebrated "Webkinz-Style", take a look at the Webkinz Insider WIki Holiday Pages: Spring Celebration, Earth Day, Webkinz Day.

lazygal04-04-2011 10:29 PM

Re: April Holidays: Earth Day, Spring Celebration, & Webkinz Day

WOW! That is so cool.

losingmymind04-04-2011 10:33 PM

Do we have any dates on these? W day is the 29th of course and I think Earth day is the 20th, maybe, not sure about that one.

So when are they going to happen?

Thanks

katie'smom04-04-2011 10:35 PM

I can't wait something to look forward to.

FIA04-04-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losingmymind (Post 22858079)
Do we have any dates on these? W day is the 29th of course and I think Earth day is the 20th, maybe, not sure about that one.

So when are they going to happen?

Thanks

Earth Day is always the 22nd, and Webkinz Day is always the 29th. This year, Easter is on the 24th.

lazygal04-04-2011 10:39 PM

During Earth Day I'm going to clean up my woods where there is trash there.

Centex Homes 104-04-2011 10:48 PM

This is going to be cool.

kirtoglou04-04-2011 10:55 PM

Thanks FIA for this info. I am looking forward too these events.

Lanawas04-04-2011 10:56 PM

Great! They have a lot of stuff happening this month!! ;DI can't wait! Thanks for letting us know!:)

Bookworm25504-04-2011 10:57 PM

I'm looking foward to these events!

rockermom04-05-2011 12:12 AM

*gasp* I love the Easter Item!

It sure makes up for the Valentine's Day Face stickers!

I can not wait!!!!! :D

TheFlamedance04-05-2011 12:14 AM

Looks like we'll be having a busy week! :)

dere04-05-2011 12:26 AM

Wow! Haven't thought of them being so close together! I hope people all around the world come together on this earth day to show our earth how much it means to us!!! My girl scout troop plans to help out at our local nature center! Happy Earth Day!

Evermore04-05-2011 01:21 AM

These events are great! I'm looking forward to the special days.:) This year's Easter item is fabulous, too. Can't wait to receive it.:)

~Evermore:twolf:

canonymous04-05-2011 05:00 AM

Lots of fun this time of year!

cheekyluver04-05-2011 05:03 AM

This sounds exciting!

adrib04-05-2011 05:59 AM

Question...I just read the Webkinz holiday pages on WI as suggested and I am confused.

Quote: "And, in 2011, Ganz added the Spring Celebration Egg Basket. This unique gift box contains three Milk Chocolate Eggs and three White Chocolate Eggs. For each Egg fed to a pet, a player can win one of several Spring Celebration prizes"

Since this is written in past tense, does that mean I missed it at the estore? I hope not...I would like to get these for my girls

rosiehound2204-05-2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrib (Post 22860007)
Question...I just read the Webkinz holiday pages on WI as suggested and I am confused.

Quote: "And, in 2011, Ganz added the Spring Celebration Egg Basket. This unique gift box contains three Milk Chocolate Eggs and three White Chocolate Eggs. For each Egg fed to a pet, a player can win one of several Spring Celebration prizes"

Since this is written in past tense, does that mean I missed it at the estore? I hope not...I would like to get these for my girls

NO they have not sold them yet. (I am 99% sure)

I can't wait for the easter basket.
I hope they do a NEW earth day prize.
And WOOHOO for my year 6... wow year 6 trophy!:smitten:

Babygator04-05-2011 06:59 AM

The Easter Celebration prizes are absolutely amazing... I HAVE to have them all!!! Ohmygosh.. can't wait!

buts04-05-2011 07:05 AM

Sweeet!! I love holidays in WW! They're so cheerful and happy. Except thanksgiving. I hate what they do to Canadians. Don't care 'bout our thanksgiving. It's all about the Americans and their thanksgiving.

suzee04-05-2011 07:13 AM

Thanx FIA.

I'm so excited! So much going on in WW in April! I love all of it!
suzee:):):) <<<< 3 great event in WW in April

miss spots04-05-2011 07:33 AM

THIS WILL BE A SUPER MONTH!!!!! i am so loving it !!!!
thanks for the info!!!!!!

adrib04-05-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosiehound22 (Post 22860170)
NO they have not sold them yet. (I am 99% sure)

I can't wait for the easter basket.
I hope they do a NEW earth day prize.
And WOOHOO for my year 6... wow year 6 trophy!:smitten:

Thanks for the reply and congrats on year 6...we are on year 3

sdf904-05-2011 07:50 AM

Oh I hope I have not missed out on the basket at the estore I have saved up a few points and just reupped Bonus points for baskets!!!:)

mommyflynn604-05-2011 08:41 AM

Concerning the titled "Spring Celebration" it should be correctly called an "Easter Celebration" since that is what we are truly celebrating. It is not right to change the name of such an important observance. If a celebration for spring is held, it should be appropriately held on the first day of spring and not try to replace Easter with the name Spring.

Ariel&Miranda04-05-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIA (Post 22858100)
Earth Day is always the 22nd, and Webkinz Day is always the 29th. This year, Easter is on the 24th.

Wow, so all the celebrations will be in the same week. :o HOW EXCITING! :clap:

Packerdan04-05-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyflynn6 (Post 22860688)
Concerning the titled "Spring Celebration" it should be correctly called an "Easter Celebration" since that is what we are truly celebrating. It is not right to change the name of such an important observance. If a celebration for spring is held, it should be appropriately held on the first day of spring and not try to replace Easter with the name Spring.

Some cultures do not celebrate Easter because it is a Christian Holiday, so in order to not insult some people, they titled it Spring Celebration.

busymom12204-05-2011 09:51 AM

Love the Spring Celebration gift!!!!!!!!! It is going to go well in our easter room

oh my word!!!! Just looked up the prizes for the estore basket and I love them also so happy we are able to trade the prizes!!!!!

Monique04-05-2011 09:55 AM

The Spring Celebration Egg Basket has awesome prizes that I will never have. Of course it has to be an Estore item. That should have been a Webkinz World Event with those prizes. I will never buy Estore items they cost too much real money and are just pixels. Its a shame that Ganz wants us to spend more real money. Don't they have enough already? Just more corporate greed. I have several Webkinz accounts and have been a member of WW since the beginning. My children love to play there too. But it has become rediculous with the deluxe membership and estore. :dtortoise:

busymom12204-05-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monique (Post 22860986)
The Spring Celebration Egg Basket has awesome prizes that I will never have. Of course it has to be an Estore item. That should have been a Webkinz World Event with those prizes. I will never buy Estore items they cost too much real money and are just pixels. Its a shame that Ganz wants us to spend more real money. Don't they have enough already? Just more corporate greed. I have several Webkinz accounts and have been a member of WW since the beginning. My children love to play there too. But it has become rediculous with the deluxe membership and estore. :dtortoise:

Well there is a chance you may get items in the trading room. We live far away from stores that carry webkinz and the estore has been a blessing to us. Many people have complained about the estore and Deluxe items but for us it is very nice. I also notice that those that are not able to be deluxe or get estore have many opportunities to get these items in trades. IT is all relative i can not get real pet but i can get estore pets. At least you get a plush and I still pay full price with no plush.