Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #31
Look, I'm a
Webkinz :)

WebkinzSparkle is not just visiting!WebkinzSparkle is not just visiting!WebkinzSparkle is not just visiting!WebkinzSparkle is not just visiting!WebkinzSparkle is not just visiting!WebkinzSparkle is not just visiting!WebkinzSparkle is not just visiting!WebkinzSparkle is not just visiting!WebkinzSparkle is not just visiting!WebkinzSparkle is not just visiting!

Default Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

Like my autism awareness avatar?
WebkinzSparkle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #32

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by alleine
Yes, the "don't cry for what he cannot do, clap for what he can" is just a simplified motto.
At the extreme end of the spectrum, of course you are mounful there are things they will never experience, worry for the fact that they will always have to rely on others, and feel pained that they struggle in a world that is less understanding than it should be.
It's more 'look on the bright side whenever you can', not 'there is nothing to be sad about'.

(((((hugs))))))
Gwenda is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #33
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

Here is a thread for sharing more Autism Awareness graphics!

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-share-687060/

Please stop by and check them out, and post anything you are willing to share with others!

Thank-you for posting!
Instead of trying to cure Autism, we need to work on curing ourselves of the need to "fix" things that are different.

Then you just need to change your perception of "productive"!

Even a severely developmentally delayed Autistic individual can do independent things and have a sense of purpose and accomplishment. Even if all he can do is volunteer a couple days a week at a local library collecting the recycling. Even if he needs someone to do it with him to get all the steps in order! Any acheivable goal is a success story.

Maybe he will never go to college, drive a car, or get married. Who decided that those should be every individual's life goals? I bet there are a lot of other things in life that will give him joy and fulfillment if he's given opportunities, and not overprotected or kept from the community.

Don't cry for what he cannot do. Clap for what he can.
View Post Originally Posted by Gwenda
we need to work on curing ourselves of the need to "fix" things that are different.

Amen to that!!!

Also they don't want "friends" that are being their "friend"just because they different so they can feel good about themselves cuz they're nice to the autistic kid, tourettes kid, or whoever. They want real friends, true acceptance, & to be included just like everyone else.How many kids will act friendly but not invite them to things like birthday parties or sleepovers or whatever.

With that being said , There is a Huge difference in the "Spectrum". There are those who are on the very sever end of the spectrum. Of course those who love them want & pray for healing. No one knows how they feel unless they've been there. Of course they want to be able to communicate with them,To see them smile or hear them laugh... To not have to change their childs diapers at twelve. To not have to worry who will take care of their child if or when they die. Some sever cases of Autism that have made amazing progress say that it was like being a prisoner in their own bodies.To compare Aspergers or high functioning to low functioning is apples & oranges.

Please bear in mind, when supporting Autism Awareness it's not just the individual that needs support,understanding,kindness & acceptance it's the WHOLE family. EVERY case is a unique as the individuals involved.
alleine and Gwenda, the two of you have really said some things that have struck home for me. Raising a child on the spectrum is a day to day learning processing. It is a test of strength and of patience. The rewards are great!!

When you have a child you have a pre-conceived notion of what that childs life will be, and while all parents need to learn and realize that each child is an individual, I think that lesson is even greater for some of us.

To not have to worry who will take care of their child if or when they die.

I think that is the greatest worry that haunts me. I am really hopeful that my boys stop fighting one day and come to rely on and support each other LOL!!

don't cry for what he cannot do, clap for what he can

Words to live by!!

I hope that the two of you will join us on the people with special needs and Webkinz thread.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ebkinz-413935/
Electrabuzz1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #34
I <3 Orlando Bloo

I love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to behold

I am the only one in park 1 right now that is there for autism awareness!
I love growling is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #35
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by I love growling
I am the only one in park 1 right now that is there for autism awareness!
We only do the parades at specific times. You will have to check the schedule. The next one is not until Friday.
Electrabuzz1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #36
I <3 Orlando Bloo

I love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Electrabuzz1
We only do the parades at specific times. You will have to check the schedule. The next one is not until Friday.
aww... I am busy with school, family, after school teaching, etc. until like 7-8 pm!
I love growling is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #37
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Yes, the "don't cry for what he cannot do, clap for what he can" is just a simplified motto.
At the extreme end of the spectrum, of course you are mounful there are things they will never experience, worry for the fact that they will always have to rely on others, and feel pained that they struggle in a world that is less understanding than it should be.
It's more 'look on the bright side whenever you can', not 'there is nothing to be sad about'.
AMEN!! I teach children on the severe end and it takes most parents a lot of time to get to that place and appreciate the child they have and not dwell on the things they cannot do or have any desire to do.
Jennielou is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #38
hi

tigerdove is a WIzard
tigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzard

View Post Originally Posted by I love growling
aww... I am busy with school, family, after school teaching, etc. until like 7-8 pm!
wow that's late! maybe on a saturday you can go to one if you're not too busy, on weekends i'm on the computer 24/7 cuz there's nothing else to do
tigerdove is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #39
Banned
webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!
webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!

hehe good idea I named my earth puppy Autism Awareness
webkinzfan909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #40
hi

tigerdove is a WIzard
tigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzard

View Post Originally Posted by Electrabuzz1
To not have to worry who will take care of their child if or when they die.

I think that is the greatest worry that haunts me. I am really hopeful that my boys stop fighting one day and come to rely on and support each other LOL!!
don't worry, he'll be safe. i don't get why most siblings fight and not play with each other, especially when they're both kids. i'm sure if my brother was a kid, we would play together. sadly he's a grown up. then again i can kinda understand why they fight if one of them's mean, my brother's quite mean. he called one of my friends a bad word!
tigerdove is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
tigerdove excited, tigerdove is here

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: