Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵┻━┻
Webkinz :)

Lavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guideLavender13 is a golden guide

Default Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

That's a good idea! I'll try to do that when I get on the next time. I think a good idea is to have some sort of thing where you buy webkinz and the money goes to that cause. Well, fighting Autism...

You'd have to talk with ganz about that. xD Good idea though!
Lavender13 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #12
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by meandspencer
Cool! Where are the parades going to be?
Check this thread:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...l#post22654893
Electrabuzz1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #13
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

I can't wait for it to begin.
lazygal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #14
Lrnpanda
Gift Guru

Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!

I will join the parade with Jasper, Aquarius Retriever and maybe Crystal, Ice Dragon will join as well. See you soon!
Lrnpanda is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #15
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

What a great way to promote Autism awareness
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #16

Hollyberry will become famous soon enough

Cool. I love when u can change your avatar for a reason.
Hollyberry is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #17
estrellaSMC
Gifted

Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Electrabuzz1
It is a campaign started by Autism Speaks.
That explains why I never heard of it. I don't follow that organization because they're all about 'curing' Autism. I have a learning difference on the Autism Spectrum (Asperger's Syndrome) and I don't want to be cured. Looking for a 'cure' to me suggests that there is something wrong with people with Autism. I personally don't believe there is anything wrong with us. We're just different than non-autistics, that's all. Despite what most people seem to believe, different doesn't mean bad. It's just different. Asperger's is part of what makes me who I am and, while I struggle with it, I don't want it taken away. Don't get me wrong, I love that WI is working on raising awareness, but what my wish is for raising awareness is that awareness would bring understanding and acceptance for people with Autism instead of making people want to 'cure' it like Autism Speaks wants to do.
Gypsy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #18

pigtoes95 has a spectacular aura about

how do you join the parade?
pigtoes95 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #19
texasanne
Gift Guru

TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Gypsy
That explains why I never heard of it. I don't follow that organization because they're all about 'curing' Autism. I have a learning difference on the Autism Spectrum (Asperger's Syndrome) and I don't want to be cured. Looking for a 'cure' to me suggests that there is something wrong with people with Autism. I personally don't believe there is anything wrong with us. We're just different than non-autistics, that's all. Despite what most people seem to believe, different doesn't mean bad. It's just different. Asperger's is part of what makes me who I am and, while I struggle with it, I don't want it taken away. Don't get me wrong, I love that WI is working on raising awareness, but what my wish is for raising awareness is that awareness would bring understanding and acceptance for people with Autism instead of making people want to 'cure' it like Autism Speaks wants to do.
That you for expressing this. My teenage son has Asberger's Syndrome, and it is nice to hear your perspective.

I still have a lot to learn about the disorder, but at least now we know more about why he is the way he is and it explains a lot about when he was younger. Having a child with Austism means that you have to re-learn how to parent so that it takes everything into account, including understanding his needs and behaviors.
TexasAnne is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #20
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

momcrom is sweet stuff
momcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuff

To me, Autism Awareness is about educating people about the spectrum, how to recognize the symptoms, and how to deal with individuals who have an ASD. So many people have no idea, or have many misconceptions about the disorder.

Some people are all about finding a cure - but I don't think I would "cure" my son if that meant it would change WHO he is (because he is a remarkable young man, unique in so many wonderful ways that I wouldn't change for anything), but I sure am doing my best to find treatments that will help him to overcome the issues that he faces so that he can live an independent, successful life.

thank you again, Electrabuzz, for all that you have done to kick off Autism Awareness Month.
momcrom is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
tigerdove excited, tigerdove is here

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: