Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

Default April is Autism Awareness Month

A new front page story has been added:

April is Autism Awareness Month

Originally Submitted by Electrabuzz1 on Fri, 04/01/2011 - 4:28pm.
Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to everyone who has helped
to spread the word this month!!
We have one final parade tomorrow and are hoping
for a big turnout!
FINAL PARADE AND ROOM HOP:
Saturday, April 30th - 1 PM EST
Leader: Electrabuzz1 with Autism Awareness (Pucker Fish)
Start: Clubhouse Light Blue Zone Room Hop 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EST
Finish: 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM EST, Kinz Chat Plus, Kinzville Park, Room 25
Meet by the Stage!!
To help us raise awareness about this ever growing condition please consider using an Autism Awareness Avatar and / or an Autism Awareness Signature during the month of April. The colour of Autism Awareness is blue. Let’s all dress our pets in Blue this April!! Are you planning on adopting a new pet soon? How about adopting a new pet and calling it an ASD related name?

Electrabuzz1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
I <3 Orlando Bloo
Webkinz :)

I love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

I so wish I could be there!
I love growling is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
estrellaSMC
Gifted

Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!

I don't know where you got the information that blue is for autism awareness. I have never heard or read anywhere that this is the case. I have always heard and read that there is no one color for Autism Awareness, but that puzzle pieces in blue, teal, red, and yellow were the symbol of autism awareness and that the awareness ribbon for autism awareness was a ribbon with the puzzle design on it.
Gypsy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Gypsy
I don't know where you got the information that blue is for autism awareness. I have never heard or read anywhere that this is the case. I have always heard and read that there is no one color for Autism Awareness, but that puzzle pieces in blue, teal, red, and yellow were the symbol of autism awareness and that the awareness ribbon for autism awareness was a ribbon with the puzzle design on it.
It is a campaign started by Autism Speaks.

WELCOME TO LIGHT IT UP BLUE

On the evenings of April 1 and 2, 2011, prominent buildings across North America and the world — including the Empire State Building in New York City and the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada — will turn their lights blue to raise awareness for autism and to commemorate World Autism Awareness Day on Saturday, April 2.
We’re aiming to light the world blue all throughout April — city by city, town by town — by taking action to raise autism awareness in our communities.
Electrabuzz1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
girle101

pompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonder

I AM COMING WITH MY BLUFADOODLE!!
pompomkitty10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #6

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

I would of done this, i don't know how to get it He.P. related and i own no blue Webkinz.
Centex Homes 1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
Peter Capaldi
Gift Guru

sarahgotchi knows the way
sarahgotchi knows the waysarahgotchi knows the way

Finally! My Blue Googles has been so excited for these parades. He had a blast last year.
Blessings,
Sarah
sarahgotchi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #8

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

View Post Originally Posted by Centex Homes 1
I would of done this, i don't know how to get it He.P. related and i own no blue Webkinz.
Maybe i'm wrong. I'll ask He.P. if i can make their pictures blue.
Centex Homes 1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #9
Gifted

meandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellence
meandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellence

Cool! Where are the parades going to be?
meandspencer is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #10

Mibear72 is on a distinguished road

Sensory Processing Disorder has a blue ribbon. Every child who has Autism has SPD but not every SPD child has Autism. The puzzle piece can represent so much of the disorder because not all children have the same symptoms, but yet all have the same disorder. There is so much that is not known of Autism. We have so much to learn.
Mibear72 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
tigerdove excited, tigerdove is here

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: