Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #61
aspenluver51
Webkinz :)

Aspenluver51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

I am going to talk my mom into getting one too ecause my brother has High Functioning Autisim. He is about to start driving! Maybe I will get a Jay. I have 2 hippos alreadyy..
Aspenluver51 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #62
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by rileyup
i think autisim might be genitic because my cousin has it and i have it
It probably is, in some cases. And it other cases it's probably environmental. Some people think it's both -- a genetic condition that doesn't have an effect by itself, but then gets "triggered" by something in the environment. That's one of the issues about a spectrum disorder... it has so many causes and symptoms that it can be very difficult to diagnose and treat.
JacksMom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #63
ants to move doors!

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

This is wonderful! What a thoughtful bunch we have here! Anything people can do to make others aware of autism and autism spectrum disorders and speed a cure is a great help. As they say, it is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness, so keep lighting those candles!

Nereid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #64

peanutbutterlov is on a distinguished road

Good Idea luv it !!!!:
peanutbutterlov is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #65
az up Doc?

KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!

YorkieLover,

You don't have to adopt a blue pet, you can adopt ANY pet of ANY color and name it Autism Awareness or something else cute with Autism in the name. My kiddo wasn't thrilled about naming a pet Autism Awareness, and we didn't have a blue pet to adopt for his account, but we did name have a Lion that we adopted as AUTISTIC ACE!
KinzDiva is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #66
ants to move doors!

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by kittycats10
Has anyone ever seen the movie Temple Grandin? Very good movie.
I didn't see the movie, but I have seen interviews with her. She is an amazing person, and shows us a positive side of what is often seen as a negative condition.
Nereid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #67
Gifted

RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!

This is a wonderful idea! I don't see buying any new pets soon, but I commend everyone who does.
RiddleMeThis is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #68

teapot05 has much to be proud ofteapot05 has much to be proud ofteapot05 has much to be proud ofteapot05 has much to be proud of

I too have a child with an autism spectrum disorder. My son also has Down syndrome. It isn't common to have a child with a dual diagnosis, and it is difficult to see him struggle. He's seven but is developmentally at just around 1 year old, so he can't play WW yet. Maybe someday. I think I have a hippo or rhino stashed, and will happily adopt it and name it for the cause. Thanks for the neat idea. October is Down syndrome awareness month, so please remember to celebrate tolerance and diversity year-round!
teapot05 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #69
aspenluver51

Aspenluver51 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah here comes the tough part. Getting Mom convinced!
Aspenluver51 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #70
Gifted

RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by KinzDiva
YorkieLover,

You don't have to adopt a blue pet, you can adopt ANY pet of ANY color and name it Autism Awareness or something else cute with Autism in the name. My kiddo wasn't thrilled about naming a pet Autism Awareness, and we didn't have a blue pet to adopt for his account, but we did name have a Lion that we adopted as AUTISTIC ACE!
What a great name. Original, but attention getting.

No offense to those into autism awareness, but I would have to name my pet Apraxia Awareness. Autism is a huge issue (and rightfully so!), but apraxia needs attention - most people have never even heard of it.
RiddleMeThis is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
dudeness was here (:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: