Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #51
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

Default Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

Great idea! I'll see what I can do.
Baby_G is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #52
Lil Kinz
rileyup is an unknown quantity at this point

i think autisim might be genitic because my cousin has it and i have it
rileyup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:07 AM   #53
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

That's so kind! Thanks to all who do this!

Thanks JM!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #54
WW ID = melethana
Gifted

melethana is sweet stuff
melethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuff

(((HUGZ))) to all!
is it just me or does everyone now someone on the spectrum? When I was diagnosed over 20 years ago, hardly anyone we knew had autism, and higher functioning autism (like my Asperger's Syndrome) was not understood at all.
It's weird, I've felt for so long that I was all alone on the spectrum, but I'm coming to understand myself so much better reading what the regulars on the Special Needs thread are experiencing, and now to see so many posts from other members of WI, I wish I could hug you all!
Now considering the issues I have with other people being in my personal space, that says a lot!
melethana is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #55
az up Doc?
Webkinz :)

KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!

RileyUp,

There is a lot of research that suggests Autism is genetic. One reason we need to spread the word about Autism is so we can generate more money for research and discover what the cause truly is...environment, genetics, or some other factor.

My son has Autism and I tell him that his Autism is what makes him special. He is really good at things most kids his age aren't interested in yet. He knows more about animals (it seems like every single animal there is ) than most adults. He gets to take breaks at school and chew gum in his classroom because that helps him relax. These are all great qualities and perks he has that come from his Autism.

I'm sure you can relate to all this because you have special qualities that spring from your Autism also. I would love to hear what they are. When some one asks my son about Autism he says, "it's what makes me special"!

Thanks for posting and check out the Special Needs Thread, there's lots of other people there with Autism or other Special Needs to talk to!
KinzDiva is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #56
Unregistered

my brother is an autistic . my mom has been fighting for years to cure him but no such luck i would be happy to join.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #57
God bless y'all

KLMLH has a reputation beyond reputeKLMLH has a reputation beyond reputeKLMLH has a reputation beyond reputeKLMLH has a reputation beyond reputeKLMLH has a reputation beyond reputeKLMLH has a reputation beyond repute

I am posting here in honor of my nephew, Conor who is autistic...and very loved by our family. He was our million dollar baby! He was born with severe complications, and it resulted in his dianosis of Autism. Conor is thriving and doing well, he has learn some speech and goes to school. This from a little boy that could not respond or interact with people, food, animals...nothing. As a child would hold any rag doll and shake it to and fro rapidly. Was unable to speak...but finally started to learn to recognize things. He now understands who "gramma" is and "mom and dad, and sister". God bless this child and all families effected by this thing called Autism!
KLMLH is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #58
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

As the parent of an autistic child, I was honored to be able to post this story and bring forward KinzDiva's idea to raise awareness. Reading this comment thread has been truly moving to me. Thank you to everyone who has participated.

To answer the question asked earlier about funding -- right now, there are not any funds going to autism charities for this project. This is about awareness only.

Thank you againt to everyone!
JacksMom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #59

yorkielover22 is on a distinguished road

Wow,I had no idea that it is autism awarenes month.There are kids at my school who have autism and I fell so bad for them sometimes.When we are in class you can sometimes hear them from the hallway.I wish i had a blue pet to adopt because i would definetly name it autism awareness.
yorkielover22 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #60

mkh213 is an unknown quantity at this point

THIS IS AWESOME!!! I am going to go get one too. I think this is a great idea. Maybe Ganz can come up with some special webbies next year for this and other causes to help raise money for them!!
mkh213 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
dudeness was here (:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: