Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #21
Webkinz :)

mamabear_2_12 will become famous soon enough

Wink Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

View Post Originally Posted by Mom2kinzlover
I have tears in my eyes reading this! I have a Moderately Autistic daughter who is a Webkinz fanatic AND a fan of WI! I want to THANK YOU ALL for being willing to name your pets Autism Awareness! What love and tollerance you show! Bless you all!
Mom
Me too...I also have tears in my eyes, my son has PDD, which is a form of autism. He loves to decorate his rooms in the candy theme and play the games. I am so thankful for everyone at WI for making it easier to find the clothing machine combos ( he loves doing that) and all of the activities in the clubhouse...we would be lost without everyone helping!!! A big thank you WI and all of its mambers!!!
mamabear_2_12 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #22

Mibear72 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

My 3 year old has a sensory processing disorder/autism. She has a webkinz account as well. She is on it a lot. It helps her calm down. Her therapist was delighted when we accidentally found this out. She has extreme trouble eating food. She gags or vomiets from the sight of it. When she is on webkinz she is able to focus on her pet and not the sight or texture of food. I am thankful for the site. So if you are playing a game or trading in a room please be patient. You might just be helping my precious little girl eat. Thanks
Mibear72 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #23

Mom2kinzlover is a jewel in the roughMom2kinzlover is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Mibear72
My 3 year old has a sensory processing disorder/autism. She has a webkinz account as well. She is on it a lot. It helps her calm down. Her therapist was delighted when we accidentally found this out. She has extreme trouble eating food. She gags or vomiets from the sight of it. When she is on webkinz she is able to focus on her pet and not the sight or texture of food. I am thankful for the site. So if you are playing a game or trading in a room please be patient. You might just be helping my precious little girl eat. Thanks
My dd also has tactile defensiveness and oral motor dysfunction. Join us on the Webkinz and special needs thread! You're not alone!

And here is our new pet named Autism Awareness. A Cloud Sheep who is SORT of blue, who also has the colors of the puzzle on her ears. I dedicate this to my sweetie who works harder than anyone I know and never gives up!

sheep.JPG
Mom2kinzlover is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #24
~ wackyfied ~

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

Beautiful, touching and inspiring
THANK YOU for sharing this on the front page.
WI 50ish is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #25
aspenluver51

Aspenluver51 is an unknown quantity at this point

my brother is autistic
Aspenluver51 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:42 PM   #26
ishin I was a gifted

eeclipse will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Thank you so much for finally putting this on the front page! Autism is a silent disorder, often misunderstood, that is increasing. I, too, will be purchasing a "blue" pet and naming it AUTISM AWARENESS. I urge you to please do the same.
eeclipse is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #27
HAPPY DAYS

mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness
mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness

What a wonderful idea, we should do more of this. If I can find another blue pet to adopt, I will name it Autism Awareness. I wish I had known this before I named all of my blue pets.

Has anyone had a problem with NOT getting your Lil' Springtime Chick noted in your Webkinz Pets Listing on the Newspaper page in Webkinz World. I called Customer Service and they were completely baffled and sent it to the Tech Dept. to straighten out. It has been two weeks and it still isn't checked. I would adopt a blue one for Autism but it is too late.

Will try to find another blue pet to support this cause.
mommysbabe19 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:50 AM   #28
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

What a great idea! Congrats on your pets, This will be a great month!
labsrock is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:53 AM   #29
webkinz_forever

This is really a great idea.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:05 AM   #30

littlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guidelittlebookie is a golden guide

Thank you for this! My son has borderline Austim. He loves his webkinz. He has become more creative by using the site!

oh and he takes a Webkinz to school everyday with him as a comfort! It is great the school lets him do it, because there is a no toy rule!
littlebookie is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
dudeness was here (:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: