Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #141
ddoott
Webkinz :)

ddoott is a jewel in the roughddoott is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

Way to work as a team !!!!! Yea !!!!!!! I hope this week will be a game that i like alot or at least am good at.......... Way to keep up the team work
ddoott is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #142

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to point out that a lot of Kids with autism or aspergers do love webkinz.Some of them are in the trading rooms and other parts of the clubhouse. Please remember that when your trading. Sometimes some people get pretty nasty,or put things up to show off. It's not okay to do to anyone but it REALLY upsets them! For some of these kids webkinz are the only 'friends' they have. Please remember there is a real person with real feelings affected by your actions in the clubhouse.
Gwenda is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #143
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

I owe an apology to Copious, and I want to make sure that those reading this thread see it.

I wrote earlier that her message was edited for safety reasons, and that was not the case. In fact, her message had information about trade room trades. Neither of those things is allowed here, and I made the mistake because I was moderating more than one thread at a time in which the other had the security issue.

I take total responsibility for the mistake and have since removed the messages, but I thought it was important to clarify here for those that may have seen them earlier. Copious did NOT post anything that would compromise the internet safety of her child.

Thanks in advance everyone, for understanding my human error.
JacksMom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #144
Copious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledge

I wrote this in PM but I want to write it here too. My respect for you has grown 100 times over. Thank you for taking the mature a responsible route and thank you for understanding why that upset me. It takes a big person to publicly apologize.

View Post Originally Posted by JacksMom
I owe an apology to Copious, and I want to make sure that those reading this thread see it.

I wrote earlier that her message was edited for safety reasons, and that was not the case. In fact, her message had information about trade room trades. Neither of those things is allowed here, and I made the mistake because I was moderating more than one thread at a time in which the other had the security issue.

I take total responsibility for the mistake and have since removed the messages, but I thought it was important to clarify here for those that may have seen them earlier. Copious did NOT post anything that would compromise the internet safety of her child.

Thanks in advance everyone, for understanding my human error.
Copious is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #145
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Copious
I wrote this in PM but I want to write it here too. My respect for you has grown 100 times over. Thank you for taking the mature a responsible route and thank you for understanding why that upset me. It takes a big person to publicly apologize.
JacksMom is very highly repected here at WI and this is just ONE of the reasons
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #146

Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!

This is a very good idea. 3 of my cousins have autism, and they love Webkinz.
I'm going to get a blue googles and name it Autism Awareness
Pupcake is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #147

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

I wish I could get a blue pet. But I all ready ordered a Autism T-shirt from the E-store, so my mom probablly wouldn't let me get another this moth.
Secret Ninja is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #148
az up Doc?

KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Secret Ninja
I wish I could get a blue pet. But I all ready ordered a Autism T-shirt from the E-store, so my mom probablly wouldn't let me get another this moth.
I think a t-shirt is even better because it brings awareness to people around you everyday! My son who is in Elementary School has a t-shirt that he loves to wear regaring Autism. It says, "I get flappy when I get happy!" and has a pic of a bird on it. He says his "flapping" makes him "weird" but when I ask him why he doesn't stop doing it he says, "what? I was born like that" ! Hard to argue there.

I've had t-shirts made for him since he was an infant because he acted so outrageous! I'm a single mom and no one EVER bothered to help me when he was in meltdown screaming and biting and 45 lbs. of fury until the FIRST DAY he wore a t-shirt to the park that said, "I have Autism, what's your excuse?" That is the first time another mom came up to me and offered to carry the sand toys to the car for me because he was in such despair. It was the first time anyone ever reached out to us instead of sitting and judging us. I will never forget it, and I firmly believe what goes around comes around, she should be blessed a million times over because she made such a precious mark on my son and I.

Go with the t-shirt, it will speak to more people than you will anticipate.
KinzDiva is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #149
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

momcrom is sweet stuff
momcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuff

Yes, the T-shirt will definitely get attention! Every time I wear my Walk for Autism T-shirt I get a lot of questions. It is a great way to initiate conversation without saying a word!

KinzDiva, that is such a touching story! I have seen those T-shirts, but was always afraid that it would have the opposite effect, and that people would treat my son differently if he wore it. But in your case it really was a godsend! God Bless that other mom!

Oh, and I love the "I get flappy when I get happy" quote. I wish I had something like that when my son was younger! These days, he is not nearly as flappy as he used to be.
momcrom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #150

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by KinzDiva
I think a t-shirt is even better because it brings awareness to people around you everyday! My son who is in Elementary School has a t-shirt that he loves to wear regaring Autism. It says, "I get flappy when I get happy!" and has a pic of a bird on it. He says his "flapping" makes him "weird" but when I ask him why he doesn't stop doing it he says, "what? I was born like that" ! Hard to argue there.

I've had t-shirts made for him since he was an infant because he acted so outrageous! I'm a single mom and no one EVER bothered to help me when he was in meltdown screaming and biting and 45 lbs. of fury until the FIRST DAY he wore a t-shirt to the park that said, "I have Autism, what's your excuse?" That is the first time another mom came up to me and offered to carry the sand toys to the car for me because he was in such despair. It was the first time anyone ever reached out to us instead of sitting and judging us. I will never forget it, and I firmly believe what goes around comes around, she should be blessed a million times over because she made such a precious mark on my son and I.

Go with the t-shirt, it will speak to more people than you will anticipate.

View Post Originally Posted by momcrom
Yes, the T-shirt will definitely get attention! Every time I wear my Walk for Autism T-shirt I get a lot of questions. It is a great way to initiate conversation without saying a word!

KinzDiva, that is such a touching story! I have seen those T-shirts, but was always afraid that it would have the opposite effect, and that people would treat my son differently if he wore it. But in your case it really was a godsend! God Bless that other mom!

Oh, and I love the "I get flappy when I get happy" quote. I wish I had something like that when my son was younger! These days, he is not nearly as flappy as he used to be.
I'm hoping I'll teach my class mates about Autism, most don't even know what it is. I'm also going to where it to the mall. I plan to spred alot of awareness about Autism.
Secret Ninja is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
dudeness was here (:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: