Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #121
deedee6
Gifted

lego has accomplished something fantabulous
lego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulous

Default Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

View Post Originally Posted by Sharronmarie
This is only my second post but when I saw the article on autism I had to write. My daughter is autistic and LOVES WEBKINZ!! They even use it in her special needs program. I am so touched that it is being recognized. How she loves her pets and how I love watching her. She has collected over 5,000 pieces of litter!! When she talks to other kids through her pet it improves her interaction in the "real" world. I see her confidence grow little by little. We will definitely be adopting a blue pet. My heart is full tonight just realizing how much work is being done on autism and how it is finally being recognized and dealt with. God Bless all those "special children" out there. They truly are special. Thank you all for your support.
That is awesome
lego is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #122
Lil Kinz
rileyup is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by barbie1960
God bless each and everyone of you that have a loved one with Autism.And thank you to all who named their pet in support of this disease.I hope some day no one will have to live with this illness .Everyone have a great day and God bless.:abn::bt::clyde::el1::goo::husky:
i love to burst peoples bubble, but autisim is not a disize or an illness, i have it i feel fine lol u thought it is horrobile remember dont jump to conclousions or you will end up like this,
rileyup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #123
golden235
Webkinz :)

golden235 is on a distinguished road

That is so nice! I know one person in my town who is autistic. Everyone thinks shes weird, but shes actually very good in art and other activities that may be hard for other people.
golden235 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #124
Lil Kinz
rileyup is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by collielollie
my two cousins have autism. I love them a lot, even though they sometimes get annoying. I am happy this is being recognized. every thirty seconds a child is being diagnosed with autism. I hope they find a cure.

autistic kids annoying?, then i must be the most annoying one out there

my mom is forceing me to do horse thearapy i HATE horses more than anything

she is crazy because she thinks i have special needs

sometimes i want to my mom

if only there was bovine theapapy because i love bison
rileyup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:41 AM   #125

rosie11 is on a distinguished road

I would love to support autism awareness, but if the money I spend on blue webkinz doesn't go towards the research and so forth then I will not buy a webkinz as much as I would like to. I hope this isn't just a moneymaker for Ganz.
rosie11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #126
az up Doc?

KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!

I would love to support autism awareness, but if the money I spend on blue webkinz doesn't go towards the research and so forth then I will not buy a webkinz as much as I would like to. I hope this isn't just a moneymaker for Ganz.

Hi Rosie11,

First let me thank you for your interest in supporting the Autism Awareness Campaign at . It seems that we all are touched by someone with ASD (Autism Spectum Disorder), whether we know it or not. The goal of Autism Awareness Month, and Autism Awareness in general as it applies to this specific effort, is to make people take notice and be aware of those around them with Autism. The numbers keep increasing, I believe we are up to 1 child in 166 being diagnosed with ASD. Because so many ASD kids and their families participate in and , I thought it would be a great idea to raise awareness by giving Webkinz names with Autism in the title.

This campaign is not associated with GANZ in any way. No way is making any money off of this effort.

It would be great if vendors would donate sales of blue pets to Autism Research during the month of April! But as far as this specific campaign, we just want to raise awareness of ASD.

I meant to say: No one is making money off this effort.

Last edited by KinzDiva; 04-18-2010 at 09:36 AM..
KinzDiva is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #127

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by halloween3
wasteof a pet
Whatever is worth wasting, is not wasting.
Secret Ninja is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #128
Diabetes Awareness

suzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wonder

Smile Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

What a wonderful idea to show Autism matters to you!
WTG KinzDiva & ElectraBuzz1 on your new pets.
suzee
suzee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #129
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Nekonyami

Look at my Peace Puppy and my brother's Blue Googles!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I love it that your Blue Googles wanted a Jigsaw Puzzle! How apropos!

I've been digging thru my "orphanage" and will post back soon!

No new money to be made by Ganz here...I already had the petz.

I love it that WI is spreading the word. I've been so moved by the stories here...
AuntMary57 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #130
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by rosie11
As KinzDiva already mentioned, this has nothing to do with Ganz, or even Ameriwade. This is simply an awareness effort. Making people aware of and thinking about the prevalence of this disorder is just as important as raising money.

View Post Originally Posted by KinzDiva
The numbers keep increasing, I believe we are up to 1 child in 166 being diagnosed with ASD.
Actually, it's much higher than that. Last November the Center for Disease Control (CDC) released new, updated statistics. The current rate is 1 in 110 of all children, and 1 in 70 for boys -- since boys are more likely to have the disorder.

The wiki entry linked from this front page story shows the current statistics and references the sources.
JacksMom is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
dudeness was here (:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: