Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #111
Webkinz :)

dolphingirl13 has disabled reputation

Default Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

I'm so glad WI acknowledged this, my younger brother has autism and it's really tough for him. Lots of people misunderstand him, but we're all hoping for a brighter future. It's important to remember (and lots of people have said this before) that most of them are just like you, their brains just work a little differently.
dolphingirl13 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #112

Gracetangerine is an unknown quantity at this point

That is a cool name! I saw the same fish in the club house!
Gracetangerine is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #113

yorkielover22 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Nekonyami
Look at my Peace Puppy and my brother's Blue Googles!

Click the image to open in full size.

Wow,your peace puppy's birthday is one day before mine.
yorkielover22 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #114
Ultimos

Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!

I'm autistic and am very touched by how much you all care! You know that autism doesn't really make us stupid, we just have different perception. I think I just may donate ALL my exclusives and rares, I'm so thankful!

View Post Originally Posted by dolphingirl13
I'm so glad WI acknowledged this, my younger brother has autism and it's really tough for him. Lots of people misunderstand him, but we're all hoping for a brighter future. It's important to remember (and lots of people have said this before) that most of them are just like you, their brains just work a little differently.
So true! So true!
Omnitrix is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #115
Peter Capaldi
Gift Guru

sarahgotchi knows the way
sarahgotchi knows the waysarahgotchi knows the way

Ooh, I have an unadopted blue googles! I will adopt it soon now!
sarahgotchi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #116
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

momcrom is sweet stuff
momcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuff

I am really touched to see so many people adopting blue pets and/or naming them for Autism Awareness! I don't even know what to say... but THANK YOU ALL!!!

Here is the newest addition to my Webkinz Family:
momcrom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #117

Mihoshi is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by JacksMom
Yes, it is a great idea and the awareness is good for many causes.

Please understand however, that WI added this story to the front page specifically because it is an issue that affects its' own members, and therefore we knew it would be of interest to people within our community. I can't speak for the site owners (Justin and Wendy), but each cause would be evaluated separately for its appropriateness to WI.
I wasn't asking for a front page shout-out. And I don't think that there is anything offensive or inappropriate about voicing my support for babies born early...?

I didn't realize that this was a restricted topic, my bad.
Mihoshi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #118
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by Mihoshi
I wasn't asking for a front page shout-out. And I don't think that there is anything offensive or inappropriate about voicing my support for babies born early...?

I didn't realize that this was a restricted topic, my bad.
Oh, not at all! There's nothing at all bad about it, and it's not a restricted topic. I'm so sorry that my comments left you with that message.

I just wanted to point out that there may be many good causes that don't get the kind of front page coverage that this did, and it's not a reflection of whether they are a good cause or not.

So sorry for the misunderstanding.
JacksMom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #119
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

This is such a great idea, how very moving, to read this thread
momwhoplays is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #120
ait fest, yawn
Gift Guru

AgtPix knows the way
AgtPix knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by AgtPix
Oh I have a pucker fish, I will totally name them Autism Awareness
Ill be back to post pics later
View Post Originally Posted by Unregistered
wait a minute doesn't the new kids theme have the colors red,yellow and blue the colors of autism and has a rug with puzzle pieces on it like the design on the autism ribbon maybe we could also make special autism rooms with the new kids theme!Just an idea.

candy11499.please call me that i couldn't make a wi account ,wouldn't work for some reason .
View Post Originally Posted by FIA
The theme also has the Joyful Jigsaw Coffee Table.
Here is my pucker fish as promised- And I love the new kids theme idea, so I incorporated that in my snapshot.

Personally, this was inspirational to me because it seems to be more and more common. I speak from experience b'c my cousin's daughter is autistic and recently found out that my directors son was also diagnosed.

May i say that, even though they're diagnosed with a rare disorder, that each are bright in their own special way.
You just have to find out where they shine. My 2nd cousin could be a reporter or a writer because she seems to always ask the right questions. The kind that you would expect from a Barbara Walters, or a Katie Couric. And I hear some being genius level number experts are autistic.
I too, hope and support the medical advances to a cure, and a cure to all other untreatable disorders.
I acknowledge there are many disorders or illnesses, and you all could start your own color trend as well to raise awareness. This was just a very creative idea to bring to WW.. so why not other causes?
AgtPix is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
dudeness was here (:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: