Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #91
nekonyami
Webkinz :)

Nekonyami is a jewel in the roughNekonyami is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

Love this idea. My brother is autistic and loves Webkinz. Thank you WI for your support!
Nekonyami is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #92
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

Yes my brother has Autism and I am glad some people are actually raising awareness to the young, so they can at least hear about it. And sad to say some people, even teachers sometimes mistreat an autistic child, such as yelling at them for playing with something during class. They can't help it and need to be stimulated, so thank you Webkinz members for reaising awareness.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #93
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: April is Autism Awareness Month

What a touching and wonderful idea! I personally know someone who is autistic, and it is great to know that WI supports the cause. I will be buying a blue pet <3
Old 04-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #94
az up Doc?

KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!

Nekonyami,

Your sig. is AWESOME! Thanks for supporting AA!
KinzDiva is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #95
Gift Guru

Jazicat has much to be proud ofJazicat has much to be proud ofJazicat has much to be proud ofJazicat has much to be proud of

I have a niece that has a genetic disorder that is so rare I can't mention it. The disorder causes major melt downs for reasons most can't guess but mom seems very tuned in. It's really sad when this happens in public because my sweet neice gets terrible looks and comments. Never in my life have I ever seen people be so rude to my sister in law who is a great mom. It's really sad to see because my niece is a wonderful little girl who is smart but different. For some reason mom doesn't want her to play webkinz but I will soon give her one any ways.

While my niece doesn't have autism she is different but aren't we all. Luckily I was taught from a small child that all people are equal and had friends with special needs. So I applaud all you who have family with special needs/ autism that are trying to raise awareness. It is making the world a place.

I hope we all remember to always treat people as we would like to be treated and that people who are different should be embraced and hot shunned. I pray that this message gets spread very far.
Jazicat is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #96

15webkinz is on a distinguished road

The good thing is I Bought the Blue Jay... but I forgot to name it Autism Awareness.... I wish I named it that.

Blue Pets Down Below to Support
15webkinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #97

Mihoshi is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Mom2kinzlover
My dd also has tactile defensiveness and oral motor dysfunction. Join us on the Webkinz and special needs thread! You're not alone!

And here is our new pet named Autism Awareness. A Cloud Sheep who is SORT of blue, who also has the colors of the puzzle on her ears. I dedicate this to my sweetie who works harder than anyone I know and never gives up!

Attachment 206679
Aww, the Cloud Sheep is a PERFECT choice!
Mihoshi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #98

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

I'm going to name my blue pet that.

I made a thread about my idea about spreding awareness by the e-store. I dont really want to explain my idea right now, so if you want to see it, check out my thread if you want. (:
Secret Ninja is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #99

Mihoshi is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by RiddleMeThis
What a great name. Original, but attention getting.

No offense to those into autism awareness, but I would have to name my pet Apraxia Awareness. Autism is a huge issue (and rightfully so!), but apraxia needs attention - most people have never even heard of it.
This is a such a great, all-around idea, and will work well with many causes.

I'm already thinking towards November, which is month to a cause near and dear to my heart: prematurity awareness. I need to buy a purple pet and save its adoption for November. Too bad I don't have a deluxe account, the Purple Springtime Chick would be perfect!
Mihoshi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #100
rosie1960

barbie1960 is just really nicebarbie1960 is just really nice

God bless each and everyone of you that have a loved one with Autism.And thank you to all who named their pet in support of this disease.I hope some day no one will have to live with this illness .Everyone have a great day and God bless.:abn::bt::clyde::el1::goo::husky:
barbie1960 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
dudeness was here (:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: