Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #61
Webkinz :)

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

Default Re: Adoption and HHH Issues Addressed by Webkinz Creative Director

View Post Originally Posted by Sherbert_Mama
Thanks for taking matters into your own hands and getting the info straight from the horses mouth so to speak. I'm one of those people who are outraged right now and I'm not sure this guys response makes me feel better. It just seems as if it's more promises to fix the glitches and that will lead to a few more days of webkinz world being down, just to discover that the glitches still won't be fixed and a few new ones will be added. I just don't get how this company (who is making tons of money off of us) can't operate a website without having all these issues. I hope instead of adding more new features they will focus on having everything they have work the way it should.

Again, Thanks Justin for taking the time to get an explanation.
I agree on this for the most prt, but to be fair to Ganz computers can take only so much, and to a point I'm not sure even the company thought it'd been THIS popular.

Computers unfortunately are like humans - they get sick, they have their quirks (i.e. glitches), and if you overstress them, they break down. Every server is can have this crisis - even sites such as this one are prone to those ailments. Even another set of messageboard communities had some major issues for a time after Hurricane Ike hit (one was totally messed up for a time because of it).

That said, Ganz might want to reconsider things such as releasing too many pets per month, or possibly getting a new server to take on the data. Admittedly I'm not a computer expert, but I'm starting to think the computer is just overloaded with data due to many accounts, more and more items being sold (therefore more codes/data being put in) and it's what's causing all the glitches.

Overall, it's good to hear from Webkinz regarding these complaints. I hope they take their comments to heart so we can all enjoy playing on the site again without any major issues.
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #62
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

thanks for the info! i am glad to hear they are thinking of us for a change

or these glitches are affecting how much $$$ they make, but, you know...

i am glad they are taking action
bob nws III is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #63
Gifted
mom of 4 will become famous soon enough

I wonder if there's any connection to the POTM. On the same day I adopted a pet on 2 of my kids accounts. One Lil' Kinz on a European account was fine.

My other daughter's account was the POTM on an American account.
She hasn't been able to get in since then. That was on 3/5.
mom of 4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #64
ladyprobatiner
Gift Guru

ladyprobationer will become famous soon enough

Thank you Justin for keeping up informed. I am waiting to adopt my yorkies and hope I get to do so before the month is out. You are to be commended on keeping us informed as to what is going on in WW.
ladyprobationer is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #65
icked!
Gift Guru

mumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by July
I'm in the exact same situation - one of my 2 accounts expires on the 17th. I have a webbie to adopt, but I've been waiting because of the glitches. The good thing is, the Webkinz user agreement says "If you let your Account lapse without renewing it prior to the end of your then-current Registration Period as discussed above, you may reactivate your Account within the next six months," so it looks like we have some time. Has anybody actually let their account go and then reactivated it within the 6 months afterward? Do you know if you lose anything by doing that?

The other thing is, the adoption problems haven't been on every account, so there's a chance you might not be affected. I think I might wait until next week to see if they get it fixed by then, and if it's not officially resolved, take my chances anyway.
Good luck!
We had an account that we let lapse a little while back (my DD was given it by a friend who no longer wanted it), and a little before the actual expiration date, they started giving us messages that we had a certain window of time that we could reactivate the account by adopting a new Webkinz...I believe it was two weeks, but I am not 100% sure. However, I am sure that (unless something has changed) you will still have a little time after the actual expiration date.
mumsey321 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #66
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Justin Thanks for getting the inside scoop for us!

*I've recently adopted 5 Webkinz on 5 separate accounts to prolong them...

..I have 3 more expiring very soon. What should I do? What would you do?*

I never thought in my right mind that Ganz would say not to adopt webkinz, (noted in History log)
EXOTERIC is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #67
Webkinz :)

diannebee will become famous soon enough

So, it was dropped in 2006 because it DIDN'T work? And now, with tons more people on their site who have many, many pets, they think it's going to work NOW? I am perplexed. How does this make the site BETTER? I haven't been affected yet, because we are usually able to log on every day - but what happens when we go on a vacation, or our internet is out for a few days? Do I need to have my mom not only dog sit my REAL pets, but have her long onto our Webkinz TOO? Do I need to buy a laptop and get charged for wi-fi at a hotel just to be able to log on?

Ganz needs to get off this kick of 'making it more 'real''. It's a fantasy world for little pets who we like to dress up and take to school and make cool rooms for. It's NOT supposed to be 'real'. If that were the case, the pets would make pet noises and not 'speak' real words. UGH!

And all this on TOP of the fact that the ONLY place I can get REAL WW news is on Webkinz Insider! Heaven forbid Ganz put REAL information on their Kinzvillenewz site! It's just a big commerical for their stuff - and never anything that affects WW. I am sad that I have spent HUNDREDS of dollars on pets,cards and all the other stuff to make my kids's time in WW more fun - so they can get the WHOLE experience.

I am a little disgusted right now. (Can you tell?) I am so thankful for WI - at least here we can get the news we SHOULD be hearing from Ganz.
diannebee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #68
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Thanks so much for the news Justin..we were not affected by this particular "feature"...and thankful for it..but, I felt so badly for everyone who was...It's wonderful to know steps have been taken on that Triple H doom...now we still have several pets waiting for adoption..hope that one will be cleared up soon as well!! And, thanks Ganz for respectfully answering one of our leaders in a timely fashion!!

---------- TNVOLS added 7 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
Justin Thanks for getting the inside scoop for us!

*I've recently adopted 5 Webkinz on 5 separate accounts to prolong them...

..I have 3 more expiring very soon. What should I do? What would you do?*

I never thought in my right mind that Ganz would say not to adopt webkinz, (noted in History log)
Exocteric...we can only hope that like in 07(?)...when there was a huge shortage of pets that Ganz suspended any active accounts from expiring..due to the shortage..that if this glitch is not corrected promply..they will do the same for accounts until the issue is solved. I have one account that needs a new pet as well....Here's to hoping Ganz will take care of all of us!!

Last edited by TNVOLS; 03-10-2009 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TNVOLS is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #69
lovepuppy202

Red face Re: Adoption and HHH Issues Addressed by Webkinz Creative Director

the same thing happend to my brown dog and my black lab today when i got on and yesterday they had all there meters were at 100
Old 03-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #70
Gift Guru

teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!

Thanks so much for taking the time to address these problems directly Justin. It is nice to know that you reached someone in Ganz that could give you accurate information. I appreciate your passing the info along to all of us. That is certainly good news about the HHH drop. I wasn't really affected by it, but I could see it causing alot of distress, especially to the little ones.

I will be sure to follow the advice not to adopt any new pets until further notice. I will just have to wait to meet my new phoenix.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Tea
teacup0819 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: