Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #141
Friends Always!
Webkinz :)

My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds
My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds

Default Re: Adoption and HHH Issues Addressed by Webkinz Creative Director

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Thanks so much, Justin, for taking this in hand, and speaking to the WW Creative Director. All good news, and I'm very happy. The HHH problem has stabilised now.

I'm not sure that I understand why everyone is so upset over the HHH. I know that it's "nice" when all levels are at 100%, and I like to keep them there too, but everything works well even with low levels.

And before people start throwing rotten tomatoes my way, let me say that I have 5 accounts with 145 webbies, and they were ALL affected severely. But it's actually not a problem.
I'm not the type to throw tomatoes. I prefer cream pies! The problem as I see it is that this is first and foremost SUPPOSED to be a site for kids. Even my 15 year old, who has been swamped with homework her freshman year and has put that as her highest priority, saddened when she saw what happened to her pets at the low levels. My 10 year old cried. Had we been warned in advance, I would have been on their accounts daily, logging in to keep their levels up until schoolwork and more pressing activities were over. It's now going to become a chore because now they'll HAVE to be on (if we can ever get their levels restored) and that's going to do it in for them. The adults, for the most part are angry, but we have a better perspective on it. I just want the control back so we, as parents, can decide when our kids can play on the computer. And a little communication...
My Escape is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #142

ImAustrian is on a distinguished road

I haven't yet had any issues with the pet levels going down. I guess it depends on which servers we're on, as to which problems we have. Mine are mostly with getting kicked off, "please wait" to infinity, pages not loading and so on. I also didn't get any POM items for my daughter's Yorkie. My son's worked just fine. But hers was also the only account we were completely locked out of after adoption.

I have gone through the customer service email process, but NO response. Not even one of Ganz's usual canned email responses. It's very frustrating. This has become a real part of our lives and we've put in a lot of money, time and effort - as many of you can relate to. I'm just extremely annoyed with Ganz's lack of customer service, lack of information and their sites major malfunctions lately.

You know - I hate to say this, but my kids have been playing on Club Penguin MUCH more than Webkinz lately. My kids - 6,9 & 11 - get way to frustrated at the constant connection issues and glitches and problems lately. After all this money I've stuffed into these accounts (we a have 10 US, 2 Euro, 2 Asian), I'm rather frustrated at this development. I'm the one doing all the daily activities, keeping everything running and spending an awful amount of time playing in a virtual world for an adult. But I hate to see it all be just for nothing. I really wish Ganz would get their "stuff" together and provide a product with less issues. They continue to put out new pets by the truckful, trying to entice people into buying more and more and more, but they don't put enough effort into keeping the sites running smoothly.

I'm really not happy about it all right now.
ImAustrian is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #143

Pinky Sue has a spectacular aura about

Thank you, Justin for clearing that up for us and reassuring everyone. That really is good information to hear.
Pinky Sue is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #144

ImAustrian is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by jadewarlock
I agree on this for the most prt, but to be fair to Ganz computers can take only so much, and to a point I'm not sure even the company thought it'd been THIS popular.

Computers unfortunately are like humans - they get sick, they have their quirks (i.e. glitches), and if you overstress them, they break down. Every server is can have this crisis - even sites such as this one are prone to those ailments. Even another set of messageboard communities had some major issues for a time after Hurricane Ike hit (one was totally messed up for a time because of it).

That said, Ganz might want to reconsider things such as releasing too many pets per month, or possibly getting a new server to take on the data. Admittedly I'm not a computer expert, but I'm starting to think the computer is just overloaded with data due to many accounts, more and more items being sold (therefore more codes/data being put in) and it's what's causing all the glitches.

Overall, it's good to hear from Webkinz regarding these complaints. I hope they take their comments to heart so we can all enjoy playing on the site again without any major issues.

Well, I do know that it's complicated to run a website like Webkinz, BUT they have the technicians to do this and they definitely have the money to stick into the site. Just because we couldn't do it, doesn't mean that it's difficult for the ones that can do it. There are plenty of other virtual worlds out there that don't have so many issues. None are completely free of problems here or there, but Webkinz seems to have a lion's share of issues lately.

I think they need to stop developing so many new pets! All their effort is directed at getting people to buy more pets constantly, rather than putting the effort into keeping the site running smoothly.

I also think that they need to be more responsive to customer inquiries. If they are overloaded with comments and complaints then they need to hire more people to deal with them. And if they are overwhelmed by comments and complaints, maybe it should tell them that they need to DO something about it.

Webkinz world is a product. They charge for us to use this product and I believe they should make sure the product is working properly in return for the money we spend on it.
ImAustrian is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #145
avadel20

avadel is on a distinguished road

is the webkinz fix yet ?

can we ad more webkinz?
avadel is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #146
uknewme
uknewme is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a call from Webkinz today. I left a message 4 days ago.

Anyhow, I was told by the rep that she would credit my account the cost of taking care all 39 pets but I "have to log in each day in order to not get hit again". They're "working out the numbers" and will have something posted in the bulletin soon.

Thought I would pass it along. At least they gave me the money to fix it this time. Last time, I had to work for hours trying to get them all fed. All her pets hunger had dropped 55 points!
uknewme is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #147
Lil Kinz

sjavens is an unknown quantity at this point

I left a message on the customer service hot line yesterday and recieved a call back from a rep today. I inquired about the existing problems, even though I was not affected by the HHH glitch. My account was frozen due to a new adoption, and when it was released the next day, I could not go to My Room with the new pet. Also, I've had a letter stuck in my inbox since december.

The rep explained that although no solution has been found yet for the adoption and HHH problems, they are working on them, and the letter issue will be addressed as well, as soonas the other "more serious problems" are solved.

That's good news, I guess... for a second there I thought they weren't too worried.

xoxoxoxo
sjavens is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #148

stellaxo is an unknown quantity at this point

I just adopted a pet, and so far so good! I didn't get locked out, although I did get a blue screen for a while so I logged out and then logged back in, and no problems! All my pets HHH levels haven't been affected either. I wonder why it's so random?? I hope everything is resolved for all of you who have been affected!
stellaxo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #149
Gifted

Qbear is a name known to allQbear is a name known to allQbear is a name known to all

I am late figuring this all out, and yes all 92 of my dd's pets have dropped in HHH. It is true that if you take one to the SPA all of them go up? I don't want to waste the KC if it doesn't work. It used to I thought!

Ahhh, I see below that it will cost depending on levels! ARGHH! glad I didn't try it! It would have cost thousands!

Next question, I understand that the HHH programming has been removed, but will it return our pets to the way there were? I don't want to get them all back up only to find them drop again, or find that I could have saved myself the trouble... *sigh** might as well leave them all sick and hungry and take them to the doc now and then.

Glad we have not tried to adopt recently!

Last edited by Qbear; 03-12-2009 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: added question
Qbear is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #150
webpuppy12-user

I totally understand. I have 53 pets and I only have 12 kinzcash left and one pet is still at 66. I NEED KINZCASH!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: