Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Adoption and HHH Issues Addressed by Webkinz Creative Director

A WI Front Page entry has been added:

Adoption and HHH Issues Addressed by Webkinz Creative Director

Over the past week, I've seen users in our forums concerned, upset, even outraged. There are two issues currently in Webkinz World that have been upsetting everyone, and I decided that it was time to get reliable information from the Creative Director at Ganz's Interactive Division. He quickly responded to my inquiry with some answers to the questions that many of you have been asking.

With the adoption issue, Ganz is taking it very seriously and has a team dedicated to fixing it. They want to assure you that it is just as frustrating to them as it is to us. It has been very difficult to diagnose, as it only affects some people and not others, but they are working as quickly as they can. We urge you to try your best to hold off on adopting new Webkinz until we can be sure that the issue has been resolved. For those that are locked out of your accounts, please call the following number and leave a message. Ganz has assured us that you will receive a call back -- 1-866-932-5469 ext 6848.

The second issue, which has caused quite a stir here on WI, is the Health - Hunger - Happiness dropping issue. This feature was part of Webkinz World when it was launched, but was removed in late-2006 due to performance issues. As part of their current efforts to repair glitches in Webkinz World, the code for the HHH calculations was re-written more efficiently and returned into the Webkinz World program.

Click the image to open in full size.

Unfortunately, since it was designed some time ago, it is affecting people more than Ganz expected. Initially, some members got a larger drop than they were supposed to. Secondly, members who have a large number of pets are burdened both in time and Kinz Cash by the new feature.

The Creative Director explains that the HHH dropping is not to force people to play on the site daily, rather to make the Webkinz seem like they are more alive -- something that he believes is essential to the spirit of Webkinz World. The idea that your non-active pets get hungry when they aren't fed or miss you when you aren't with them lends itself to this belief.

The Creative Director has assured me that Ganz has heard your voice and is making changes as we speak.

The HHH drop feature has already been taken out of Webkinz World to have the numbers reworked. The feature will return, but the impact on non-active pets will be significantly reduced and will be calculated based on the number of pets you own. For members with very large accounts, non-active pets will be unaffected by the HHH dropping feature.

I hope that this answers a few questions that many of you have had and lets you know that Ganz has heard your voice and responded with action!
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 
Default Re: Adoption and HHH Issues Addressed by Webkinz Creative Director

Now am I understanding right... say we have 200 some webkinz... we will not be penalized for not playing with some? Or just slightly penalized...?

Nevermind.. I see the underlined part
kellyschrvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
Banned

Fishingpro is an unknown quantity at this point

didn't happen to me and about a week ago I adopted a new webkinz but not the newest webkinz:goo::abn:
Fishingpro is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

OH, Look at the sad Kopi
Thank you so much for going to bat for us Justin. I am so glad to hear they are trying really hard to resolve this issue. I know that my daughter's account ahs more than 80 webkinz on it and it is the worst affected by this. Knowing that her larger account should be less affected by this drop after all is said and done, has me breathing a bit easier. Also knowing that it is not a ploy for them to have us come back everyday to spend hours upon hours with our pets is a relief.
I suppose I can hold off adopting pets for a future date. It isn't like they are going anywhwre anyway
Thank you for speaking to the Craetive Director of Ganz on our behalf, Justin. Mind you, it looks to me that you also have a 'vested interest' in positive outcome .
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I am SO glad they are taking care of this and thank you for getting the answers!!!

Now... I have this problem with Beanie Babies that I'd like you to work on.. LOL Ah. Just kidding- I'm happy now
kellyschrvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
I'm now a
Gift Trainee

LILJOHN95 is a jewel in the roughLILJOHN95 is a jewel in the rough

Thank-you Justin for posting official news from the Creative Director about this.
LILJOHN95 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Webkinz :)

riverpanda is on a distinguished road

wow i am glad the hhh issue didn't hit me.
riverpanda is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
Maddog2008

Sherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

Thanks for taking matters into your own hands and getting the info straight from the horses mouth so to speak. I'm one of those people who are outraged right now and I'm not sure this guys response makes me feel better. It just seems as if it's more promises to fix the glitches and that will lead to a few more days of webkinz world being down, just to discover that the glitches still won't be fixed and a few new ones will be added. I just don't get how this company (who is making tons of money off of us) can't operate a website without having all these issues. I hope instead of adding more new features they will focus on having everything they have work the way it should.

Again, Thanks Justin for taking the time to get an explanation.
Sherbert_Mama is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #9
Friends Always!

My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds
My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds

I'm glad they heard us. Thank you!

Question, though. Are we safe now to get our pets up to 100 so that when the revised feature does kick in, we're not fighting an uphill battle? Or are they going to restore the accounts or...? Just not sure if we should spend the money and time or wait.
My Escape is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
ILOVEFRANCE

ilovefrance is on a distinguished road

OMG, thank you GANZ!!!! Finally it is about time!!! For people who would like to share their problems here is a post about it!

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...oycott-479996/
ilovefrance is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: