Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #21
Rachak32
Webkinz :)

BubbleQueen is on a distinguished road

Default Re: OMG UNBELIVIBLE!

wow that is so cool hope it turns out well
BubbleQueen is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #22
Gifted
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

The charms were pulled for testing. The US would not allow them to be shipped in until they were certain that they were safe. They tested within the safe limits. Yes they have lead. Most jewelry will have some lead in it. They passed and will be reshipping this month. There was no recall and no illegal drugs in them. That was aqua dots that had the "x" like drug in them. If there had been a recall for ANY reason it would have been in the news, posted on the website, and posted in stores that sold the charms.
millieroo is offline Female
Old 01-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #23
clpclp27
Gift Guru

clpclp27 is on a distinguished road

I talked to someone at Hallmark and she said the ganz rep told her they would not be shipping anymore but did not say why =(
Old 01-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #24
dara435
Gifted

dancergal435 is on a distinguished road

My friend told me, but I am not sure if this is true, that they were being recalled, to be checked for any lead or anything that could be harmful to children
Old 01-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #25
MAMA's in Heaven now
Banned
jlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guide

Donation Award 

I have them all + the bracelet and necklace.....

I have heard also that they are to retire and that there will be a 2nd set coming out later this year.....

but with Ganz .....who knows and time will tell
jlhaffner is offline Female
Old 01-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #26
Gifted
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

The new series should be shipping pretty soon, I think.
millieroo is offline Female
Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #27
webkinzrock1000

if theyn retire them i'm sortsa gonna be happy and sad cause i have a charm and i'll be sad because the charm forest might be taken out of WW!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:05 AM   #28
Aldora is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, first and foremost, someone had apparently placed a "This rumor is NOT true" comment on my original post. I did NOT say Webkinz charms contained lead. I said that SOME of Ganz childrens jewlery contained lead. And this IS true. I have no reason to make this up. I read through several news sites every morning. Any story which mentions potential harm to my children gets my full attention. While there was NO LEAD FOUND in Webkinz Charms, there were issues with other Ganz jewelery products and most of their products had been put on hold until testing could be completed. Don't tell me the 'rumor' isn't true.

From Consumer Reports: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...2/vt_lead.html

From Vermont Public Radio: http://www.vpr.net/news_detail/78553/

From Vermont State Government: http://www.vt.gov/portal/government/...e.php?news=157

From Kloster Trading: http://klosterstrading.com/reports.aspx

From the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/13/bu...=1&oref=slogin (you'll have to read through the a good bit of this one to get to the details on the jewelry)

And, finally, to assuage fears over Webkinz charms, this one is from Yahoo! Answers: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4202631AAml7wZ

Webkinz jewelry has been tested and found safe. HOWEVER, there were concerns about Ganz childrens jewelry and NO ONE is going to tell me it was an untrue rumor.

I can provide MORE links to this information if anyone needs further proof.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #29
kindness, pass it on
Gift Guru

webkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonderwebkizzle wows us all with wonder

I talked to one of my local retailers this mourning. He said that their rep said that the charms were put on hold for testing because of OTHER Ganz jewlery issues, the charms tested negative for lead, and they will start shipping them out again in early February.
I'm pleased that Ganz was being extra careful when it comes to safety!
webkizzle is offline Female
Old 01-16-2008, 03:33 PM   #30
daddy1cent

thom1cent is on a distinguished road

I hope you are right...we are missing so many, that we passed up on because money was tight. It would be nice to finish the collection.:rac:
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: