Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #1811
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: [OFFICIAL] Webkinz World Scavenger Hunt Tracking Thread (Jan 9 - Jan 25)

View Post Originally Posted by ennazusjsc
Of course there isn't. There is a reference to the NUMBER 3 as the number of items to get the curios back. Nonetheless, it references the number 3 from the get go. Remember, I am dead set on the Wizard of Oz theme. NO ONE can deter me from this background concept being the factor that ties it all together. So, that brings us back to the number 3. The three characters with Dorothy (other than Toto) on her journey are the Lion, the Scarecrow, and the Tinman. The next number 3 idea. Now, there have been only 3 official clues released so far. Three used again. It is just another repeating element within the hunt. It came up too often for me to ignore.

But that's just my opinion. I wish I knew the answer for sure.
That I am with you ALL the WAY on, there are FAR too many references to the Wizard of Oz right from the onset of the Hunt. Don't worry, I will not dissuade you or even try to at this point. I DO understand your reluctance to accept more than three Curio items, but as you said there is nothing written in stone with regard to their respective values, there is nothing that says these are Curio ONLY items and there is nothing there that says they are RARES. So, the Moon lamp may well be one of the items that are missing.
I think we are going to be getting another 'feed' of clues within the next couple of days. There are so many days left of the hunt. A week and a half. We have already filled this forum up pretty solid with our findings and even some of the things we 'think' might be connected. It may well be just as Dorothy says, 'Right in our own backyard.' Or right under our noses.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 01-15-2008 at 12:19 AM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2008, 12:24 AM   #1812
ennazusjsc
Webkinz :)

ennazusjsc is just really niceennazusjsc is just really nice

Default Re: [OFFICIAL] Webkinz World Scavenger Hunt Tracking Thread (Jan 9 - Jan 25)

A thought about the NEW Newz Flash. It describes three types of people as helpers (THE NUMBER THREE!).

unbelievably nice: AKA Big Hearted, AKA Tinman
daringly exceptional: AKA Courageous, AKA Lion
really terrific helpers: AKA Smart (Booger always says Terrific!), AKA Scarecrow

Any takers on the connection to Wizard of Oz?

You ARE becoming more convinced, aren't you... It's the avatar... It's subliminal...

LOL
Old 01-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #1813
ChloeAlaina16
Gift Guru

ChloeAlaina16 is a jewel in the roughChloeAlaina16 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks so much ennazusjsc! Your my hero.
ChloeAlaina16 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #1814
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

A thought about the NEW Newz Flash. It describes three types of people as helpers (THE NUMBER THREE!).

unbelievably nice: AKA Big Hearted, AKA Tinman
daringly exceptional: AKA Courageous, AKA Lion
really terrific helpers: AKA Smart (Booger always says Terrific!), AKA Scarecrow

Any takers on the connection to Wizard of Oz?

You ARE becoming more convinced, aren't you... It's the avatar... It's subliminal...

LOL
Another way to look at it is Daringly (Dex daring)
Exceptional (Ms. Cowoline)
Terrific (Ms. Von Meow)
Short Order (Chef Gazpacho)
OH and as to your cookie cutter theory...He was a Tin woodman, he carried an AX, That ain't no cookie cutter, LOL
OH and the PRIZE that the Cowardly lion got was a CROWN for his courage. The scarecrow got a BRAIN. The Tin Woodman got a WATCH and Dorothy got the RUBY SLIPPERS.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 01-15-2008 at 12:40 AM..
Old 01-15-2008, 12:37 AM   #1815
Gift Guru

meems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clown

Great outline of the clues. I have a couple of ideas about the Wizard of Oz reference.

Maybe the Red Ruby Heart (veriy shiny) is missing from the Howling Horse mine and Captain Dogbeard (Isn't he a laughing dog?) hid it in the bottom of his bathtub and Arte needs the boots to wade into the tub so he can givethe heart to the tin man.

He needs to get the brain for the scarecrow back, but I'm not sure where that might be. It could be at the Academy where little students can study science.

I think Ms. Cowoline could also fit in for the Lion because the lion was looking for Courage and the wizard said that all the lion need was a proclamation to make him a hero. Ms. Cowoline gives out diplomas and helps Webkinz earn action powers. The lion also wore a crown at the end of the movie so the crown of wonder works for the lion.

Too far fetched?
Old 01-15-2008, 12:41 AM   #1816
ennazusjsc

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Another way to look at it is Daringly (Dex daring)
Exceptional (Ms. Cowoline)
Terrific (Ms. Von Meow)
Short Order (Chef Gazpacho)
OH and as to your cookie cutter theory...He was a Tin woodman, he carried an AX, That ain't no cookie cutter, LOL
I LOVE the reference to the axe! LOL...
The "short order" could refer to all the little people in Oz. You knew I had to bring it back to that, didn't you?

There's no place like , there's no place like ...

---------- ennazusjsc added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by meems47
Great outline of the clues. I have a couple of ideas about the Wizard of Oz reference.

Maybe the Red Ruby Heart (veriy shiny) is missing from the Howling Horse mine and Captain Dogbeard (Isn't he a laughing dog?) hid it in the bottom of his bathtub and Arte needs the boots to wade into the tub so he can givethe heart to the tin man.

He needs to get the brain for the scarecrow back, but I'm not sure where that might be. It could be at the Academy where little students can study science.

I think Ms. Cowoline could also fit in for the Lion because the lion was looking for Courage and the wizard said that all the lion need was a proclamation to make him a hero. Ms. Cowoline gives out diplomas and helps Webkinz earn action powers. The lion also wore a crown at the end of the movie so the crown of wonder works for the lion.

Too far fetched?
Interesting reference with the diplomas, however, if I remember correctly, the Lion got a medal for courage and the Scarecrow got a diploma for the brain issue.

Great ideas, keep them coming!

Last edited by ennazusjsc; 01-15-2008 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-15-2008, 12:45 AM   #1817
GuppyLure
Gifted

GuppyLure is on a distinguished road

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #1818
ennazusjsc

OMG GuppyLure, I Love It! I wondered where you had gone off to!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:49 AM   #1819
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

I LOVE the reference to the axe! LOL...
The "short order" could refer to all the little people in Oz. You knew I had to bring it back to that, didn't you?

There's no place like , there's no place like ...

---------- ennazusjsc added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

Interesting reference with the diplomas, however, if I remember correctly, the Lion got a medal for courage and the Scarecrow got a diploma for the brain issue.

Great ideas, keep them coming!
NO KIDDING, this has been the MOST fun I have had in a LONG time. There's no place like WI, heehee. Yes, being a little person myself, I should have picked up on that. I am REALLY impressed with your line of reasoning. But it does show that there are a number of ways to go with these clues, doesn't it? REP POINT!!! You are my favorite poster (for the moment) and I enjoy your well thought out posts.
And, yes, you are so correct. I think I am remembering the 'King of the Forest Song' and I am also very sleepy. Thank you for straightening me out. The diploma IS right and so is the medal.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:49 AM   #1820
ennazusjsc

What, no pumpkins?

Just kidding, what a great pic!
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: