Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #911
Need CARS!!
Gift Guru

rckenan17 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmomma
JUDGING: The eligible entries will be screened and judged on their merits by a panel of judges under the supervision of Sponsor using the following criteria: creativity (1/3), originality (1/3), and adherence to contest theme (1/3). The top scoring entry will be the winner. If a tie occurs, then highest score in the adherence to contest theme criterion as determined by the judges in their sole discretion will determine winner.

I thought that one sentence was pretty interesting. This could clear up the confusion some had at the beginning of the contest regarding if WW would really use WofOz as a theme.
Well, that is for all the contests. I would assume, primarily writing contests... remember the scavenger hunts are new. Perhaps the rules are slightly different? at least about the theme thing.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #912
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by thumper430
For what it's worth, here are my guesses so far...I'm kind of going for the obvious.

Missing Curios (I think there's 5, but I only have 3 definite answers I'm giving so far)
Ultimate Experiment Station
Knight of the Round Armor
Ornate Egyptian Side Table

Locations of Missing Curios (I'm stumped as to what goes where!)

Party House in Home Before Dark Game
Barking Mad Mine
Fluffington's Vault
Charm Forest
Goober's Lab

Thief/Thieves

Crows

Normally Found

Pumpkin Patch Protector

Items Needed

Ruby Slippers
Water
Moon Lamp

Here are the clues I'm still confused about:

TIARA - I'm leaning a little toward thinking this is the Charms Tiara and that it's a missing curio instead of the W Shop tiara as an item needed.

Polka Dot Eyes and Crossed Ts - no idea

Southern Hemisphere (Australia & New Zealand) - mentioned so often in Quizzy's Corner since the hunt started that it has me wondering

Numbers - 20 (from activities clues and Quizzy's corner)
40 (from game of the day)
35 (or 3 and 5) (from Quizzy's corner and activities giveaways)

Not a Cookie Cutter - Usually this expression refers to something that's not the usual thing, not the same as everything else. So if someone says "It's not a cookie cutter house" they mean it's custom built, not prefabbed. I think this clue is along those lines, but I can't think what it refers to.

Figure - I like the idea someone had about this often used word referring to the figurines, but I can't think how they fit in. My best guess is that they're an item needed, since if they're the thieves you have to say where they're normally from, and it doesn't make sense for them to be missing curios.

Good luck to everyone! I think I'll be up late trying to "figure" this out!

:bas: Rumpy :gor: Dian
I am going to think about the contest for a bit here. I think I can come up with a plausible theory and make it stick. I know there have been a LOT of themes discussed over the past few days and This makes it difficult. We have to find a way to make the clues fit, not fit the clues, if you know what I mean. Creativity...may not hurt to include a motive, is my guess. I think it will be interesting and it will give their writers a WHOLE bunch of new story lines to explore. Smart Ganz, really cagey!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #913
Need CARS!!
Gift Guru

rckenan17 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I am going to think about the contest for a bit here. I think I can come up with a plausible theory and make it stick. I know there have been a LOT of themes discussed over the past few days and This makes it difficult. We have to find a way to make the clues fit, not fit the clues, if you know what I mean. Creativity...may not hurt to include a motive, is my guess. I think it will be interesting and it will give their writers a WHOLE bunch of new story lines to explore. Smart Ganz, really cagey!
ahh. Good idea! LOL make the clues fit, not fit the clues. That's the way it is supposed to work with most mysteries right? if you tried to fit the clues in a murder mystery, you would most certainly be wrong. It's just like going straight for the obvious rather than searching all the possiblities.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #914
Gifted

Lola_lake is on a distinguished road

aren't those old rules being posted here? i think just the entry information is necessary?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #915
bonniesbabies
Gifted

bonniesbabies is just really nicebonniesbabies is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Lola_lake
aren't those old rules being posted here? i think just the entry information is necessary?
Yes, sort of. Those are the "generic" rules that apply to all contests they have.
bonniesbabies is offline Female
Old 01-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #916
Alannax0

hmm i am a little confused about this whole scavenger hunt. i guess i am just not gonna participate
Old 01-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #917
Gift Guru

webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Lola_lake
I am sorry, I didnt realize they were old rules? I clicked on the rules for the contest in my asian account and that is what it gave.... I didn't mean to post anything unnecessary.
webkinzmomma is offline Female
Old 01-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #918
Gifted

Lola_lake is on a distinguished road

Those generic rules aren't fitting generically (amount of prize, timing of entries, etc). Although some of the basic premises would hold true. I still think the info on the entry form is what matters most, and I don't have a screen print of it! I hope someone posts a screen print of that entry page!

Here's one theory:

1) knight of round armor
ultimate experiment station
egytian side table

) Barking Mad Mine
Party House
Goober's Lab

2) Crows
3) Pumpkin Patch
4) water, moon lamp, tiara

thumper's description of 'not a cookie cutter' sounds just like a description of the crown of wonder. hmmm

We have overnight to think on this. Anyone that wants to jump in still can. The rules they posted in asia are downright confusing to the process. C'mon Ganz, post updated stuff... prizes are clearly of 'no value' so it can't be that tough!

---------- Lola_lake added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

Can someone post the entry page information? I do think that is definitely 'required information'. I don't have access to my asia account at the moment (OCD hunting snowflakes with it, ).

Last edited by Lola_lake; 01-25-2008 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #919
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

---------- Lola_lake added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

Can someone post the entry page information? I do think that is definitely 'required information'. I don't have access to my asia account at the moment (OCD hunting snowflakes with it, ). [/quote]
I am on it Lola, this will give people a better idea of what is happening and how to formulate their answers. It really seems like a blank page, but there is a required set of rules to follow. It would seem that the most creative thinker will win the curios, SO, Go hard and write! Anything is fair game. Just make sure that you use ONLY the three items to get the Curios back to Arte's Shop! It can be done, I know for a fact, I have puzzled it out in my head and I am writing a bunch as we speak, I am also including the clue references so that they won't have to look for them to see if they fit what I am writing.
Attachment 53725

Last edited by Dixiecup; 02-28-2008 at 12:36 PM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #920
nana006
Gifted

nana006 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by thumper430
For what it's worth, here are my guesses so far...I'm kind of going for the obvious.

Missing Curios (I think there's 5, but I only have 3 definite answers I'm giving so far)
Ultimate Experiment Station
Knight of the Round Armor
Ornate Egyptian Side Table

Locations of Missing Curios (I'm stumped as to what goes where!)

Party House in Home Before Dark Game
Barking Mad Mine
Fluffington's Vault
Charm Forest
Goober's Lab

Thief/Thieves

Perhaps we are getting nearer. Thank you for your thoughts. I also wonder about today's Quizzy Bonus Question. Why does it say that Auora borealis is caused by "Solar winds striking the Earth's upper" Why stop at upper, upper what, upper atmosphere? Just seems strange and strange could be a clue. I also agree that we find clues were there are none

Crows

Normally Found

Pumpkin Patch Protector

Items Needed

Ruby Slippers
Water
Moon Lamp

Here are the clues I'm still confused about
:

TIARA - I'm leaning a little toward thinking this is the Charms Tiara and that it's a missing curio instead of the W Shop tiara as an item needed.

Polka Dot Eyes and Crossed Ts - no idea

Southern Hemisphere (Australia & New Zealand) - mentioned so often in Quizzy's Corner since the hunt started that it has me wondering

Numbers - 20 (from activities clues and Quizzy's corner)
40 (from game of the day)
35 (or 3 and 5) (from Quizzy's corner and activities giveaways)

Not a Cookie Cutter - Usually this expression refers to something that's not the usual thing, not the same as everything else. So if someone says "It's not a cookie cutter house" they mean it's custom built, not prefabbed. I think this clue is along those lines, but I can't think what it refers to.

Figure - I like the idea someone had about this often used word referring to the figurines, but I can't think how they fit in. My best guess is that they're an item needed, since if they're the thieves you have to say where they're normally from, and it doesn't make sense for them to be missing curios.

Good luck to everyone! I think I'll be up late trying to "figure" this out!

:bas: Rumpy :gor: Dian

Thank you for your thoughts. I also wonder about today's question Aurora borealis is caused by "Solar winds striking the Earth's upper" Why stop at upper? Upper what? Upper atmosphere?
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: