Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #901
hatever. Atleast I'm
Gifted
 
cecily101's Avatar
cecily101 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

Can somebody catch me up please? I really need to! Thankz! Oh, and what did you guys get for the "Click here for 20 KC" yesterday?
cecily101 is offline
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #902
Webkinz :)
thumper430 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by kurber
i don't know about anyone else but I remember being dissapointed with how we submitted the answers. I thought that there would be like a question with a blank where we would insert what we believed to be the right answer. However, it was just a blank page (just like this)where you just type in what you think it is. I, therefore, felt like I had to type in the question and the answer so that they knew which answer it was. This took a lot of time. I don't know if I needed to do that. Someone may have just typed in the correct answers and got it right and became the winner while I was still typing in questions and answers. By the way, the last contest did not have asia accounts, those were added around Halloween. I have know idea how they are going to base the winner unless they pick a winner from each account. I have know idea what they are going to do, that was not an issue on the last scavenger hunt.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the responses, Nana and Kurber.

I've been thinking about the time difference, and the only thing I can think since they've said only 3 winners is that maybe they'll go by what time your entry was in YOUR kinztime. So if someone in Asia account put in their answer at 9:11 am kinztime and someone in PST account put in their answer at 9:05 kinztime and both were right, the 9:05 entry would get it even though their account isn't active before Asia's. Make sense? Basically they'd have to timeclock all entries on kinztime, not our time.

On that note...this time difference thing really is confusing!! Whose bright idea at Webkinz headquarters was that?

:bas: Rumpy :gor: Dian
thumper430 is offline
Old 01-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #903
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted
 
Dixiecup's Avatar
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by thumper430
Thanks for the responses, Nana and Kurber.

I've been thinking about the time difference, and the only thing I can think since they've said only 3 winners is that maybe they'll go by what time your entry was in YOUR kinztime. So if someone in Asia account put in their answer at 9:11 am kinztime and someone in PST account put in their answer at 9:05 kinztime and both were right, the 9:05 entry would get it even though their account isn't active before Asia's. Make sense? Basically they'd have to timeclock all entries on kinztime, not our time.

On that note...this time difference thing really is confusing!! Whose bright idea at Webkinz headquarters was that?

:bas: Rumpy :gor: Dian
I think you have a point about the time stamp thing. If you noticed, they took a long time to post the winners of the last scavenger hunt. The Haiku contest was over about a month before they posted the winners. So, I am looking at about a good weeks time frame here. There are going to be a LOT submitted within a few seconds time frame and they have to weed through those to find who has the correct elements required to win the prizes. I have a feeling a lot of us are going to get close, but there is going to be a 'lucky' guesser out there who will win the whole Magilla!
(Sheesh, typing with my elbows, again) *sigh* 18 minutes to go, Asia time.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 01-25-2008 at 09:42 AM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #904
nana006
Gifted
 
nana006's Avatar
nana006 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by kurber
i don't know about anyone else but I remember being dissapointed with how we submitted the answers. I thought that there would be like a question with a blank where we would insert what we believed to be the right answer. However, it was just a blank page (just like this)where you just type in what you think it is. I, therefore, felt like I had to type in the question and the answer so that they knew which answer it was. This took a lot of time. I don't know if I needed to do that. Someone may have just typed in the correct answers and got it right and became the winner while I was still typing in questions and answers. By the way, the last contest did not have asia accounts, those were added around Halloween. I have know idea how they are going to base the winner unless they pick a winner from each account. I have know idea what they are going to do, that was not an issue on the last scavenger hunt.

Hope this helps!
I remember it the same way. It took me forever to type my WRONG answers!
nana006 is offline
Old 01-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #905
megamu
Gift Guru
 
megamom's Avatar
megamom is a glorious beacon of lightmegamom is a glorious beacon of lightmegamom is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

I think the answers may be different enough that the time may not be as important this time...that's what I'm hoping, anyway...I'm a very slow typer!
megamom is offline
Old 01-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #906
Need CARS!!
Gift Guru
 
rckenan17's Avatar
rckenan17 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I think you have a point about the time stamp thing. If you noticed, they took a long time to post the winners of the last scavenger hunt. The Haiku contest was over about a month before they posted the winners. So, I am looking at about a good weeks time frame here. There are going to be a LOT submitted within a few seconds time frame and they have to weed through those to find who has the correct elements required to win the prizes. I have a feeling a lot of us are going to get close, but there is going to be a 'lucky' guesser out there who will win the whole Magilla!
(Sheesh, typing with my elbows, again) *sigh* 18 minutes to go, Asia time.
hmm. you could type it up on like word (or textedit if you have mac) then copy and paste it when its time to enter. I'm not even going to enter. I'm just not good at this! LOL
rckenan17 is offline
Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #907
Gift Guru
 
webkinzmomma's Avatar
webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

JUDGING: The eligible entries will be screened and judged on their merits by a panel of judges under the supervision of Sponsor using the following criteria: creativity (1/3), originality (1/3), and adherence to contest theme (1/3). The top scoring entry will be the winner. If a tie occurs, then highest score in the adherence to contest theme criterion as determined by the judges in their sole discretion will determine winner.

I thought that one sentence was pretty interesting. This could clear up the confusion some had at the beginning of the contest regarding if WW would really use WofOz as a theme.
webkinzmomma is offline Female
Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #908
bonniesbabies
Gifted
 
bonniesbabies's Avatar
bonniesbabies is just really nicebonniesbabies is just really nice

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

I just checked in on how to enter on my Asain account. It says that entries submitted before 9 am Kinztime, will not count. That means that you can have all the time in the world to type out your answer...just don't submit it until 9 am!
bonniesbabies is offline Female
Old 01-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #909
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted
 
Dixiecup's Avatar
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmomma
JUDGING: The eligible entries will be screened and judged on their merits by a panel of judges under the supervision of Sponsor using the following criteria: creativity (1/3), originality (1/3), and adherence to contest theme (1/3). The top scoring entry will be the winner. If a tie occurs, then highest score in the adherence to contest theme criterion as determined by the judges in their sole discretion will determine winner.

I thought that one sentence was pretty interesting. This could clear up the confusion some had at the beginning of the contest regarding if WW would really use WofOz as a theme.
The RATS!! It's SUBJECTIVE...that is NOT fair at all! It's a glorified creative writing and essay question...sheesh
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #910
Webkinz :)
thumper430 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

For what it's worth, here are my guesses so far...I'm kind of going for the obvious.

Missing Curios (I think there's 5, but I only have 3 definite answers I'm giving so far)
Ultimate Experiment Station
Knight of the Round Armor
Ornate Egyptian Side Table

Locations of Missing Curios (I'm stumped as to what goes where!)

Party House in Home Before Dark Game
Barking Mad Mine
Fluffington's Vault
Charm Forest
Goober's Lab

Thief/Thieves

Crows

Normally Found

Pumpkin Patch Protector

Items Needed

Ruby Slippers
Water
Moon Lamp

Here are the clues I'm still confused about
:

TIARA - I'm leaning a little toward thinking this is the Charms Tiara and that it's a missing curio instead of the W Shop tiara as an item needed.

Polka Dot Eyes and Crossed Ts - no idea

Southern Hemisphere (Australia & New Zealand) - mentioned so often in Quizzy's Corner since the hunt started that it has me wondering

Numbers - 20 (from activities clues and Quizzy's corner)
40 (from game of the day)
35 (or 3 and 5) (from Quizzy's corner and activities giveaways)

Not a Cookie Cutter - Usually this expression refers to something that's not the usual thing, not the same as everything else. So if someone says "It's not a cookie cutter house" they mean it's custom built, not prefabbed. I think this clue is along those lines, but I can't think what it refers to.

Figure - I like the idea someone had about this often used word referring to the figurines, but I can't think how they fit in. My best guess is that they're an item needed, since if they're the thieves you have to say where they're normally from, and it doesn't make sense for them to be missing curios.

Good luck to everyone! I think I'll be up late trying to "figure" this out!

:bas: Rumpy :gor: Dian
thumper430 is offline
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts