Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #871
Gifted

Lola_lake is on a distinguished road

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
The second clue...'RACKING your brain? It is quite LABorious, but you are sure to figure it out.

Racking...this is NOT the right spelling for the word! The word is WRACKING...it is a transitive verb for wreck.
Racking..oven racks, coat racks, hat racks, racking up a score, racking meat, score, rack...this is a totally different word and it means something entirely different when they use it in that manner...They misspelled it on purpose...this clue is like a HOCKEY rack~~figure...figure skate? Maybe? Lab...Laboritory...Black Labrador, Chocolate Labrador..Chocolate...chocolate chip cookies...oven rack...not a cookie cutter...they tie in somehow.
You're right, of course. For some reason I've always thought of the Goober's Lab arcade game as a 'rack' of atoms (or molecules or gumballs or whatever you want to call them), so I looked at it again, and I still think so. I also noticed Goober does have splotches of color on him harkoning back to the whole rainbow thing... but then, I suppose that game is pretty colorful, anyway.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #872
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

OH MY OH MY!!! I was JUST reading Peter Pan to my Granddaughter....The fairies, the treasure, the pirates, the lost boys....the crow's nets, the map, the jolly Roger...the gems and jewels...Oh my...I will get beck to you all, but I think I have a break with Dogbeard!!!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #873
Webkinz :)
evolutionary is an unknown quantity at this point

about the racking vs wracking wording.. you can actually use the phrase both ways.. I thought this when I first saw the clue and looked it up., here's what I found on a reliable dictionary site:
Meaning:
  • If you wrack your brain, you think very hard when trying to remember something. ('Rack your brains' is an alternative.)
Here's another site on the topic:
rack my/your brain Though the phrase wrack my/your brain is in common usage, rack is the original form. It appears to be derived from the Germanic rak meaning to stretch or strain. wrack generally means something misery-related, such as destruction or wreckage.
I hope this helps some..
I'm anxious to see the answer to this mystery. Anyone know if they will actually post the solution at the end, or just list the winners??? This is my first contest.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #874
jkeister is an unknown quantity at this point

With regards to todays clue.. doesn't someone say "marvelous"? I thought maybe in kinzville academy.. but I can't figure it out.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #875
To the invisible (:

In The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by bluedolfin3443
i agree with your kinzstyle shop comment. And great idea about the hay!! i think your on to something!
WAIT !!!!!!! HAY????? hmmmmm This leads me back to the wizard of oz thinggy i mean scare crows Crows

how many times did I say the cow did it lol

---------- In The Sun added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by cherrymannia
This is somthing ennazusjsc made to fill you in on what we think might be clues so far!
(thanks bluedolfin3443 for sending this to me!)

Click the image to open in full size.
OK who made this or can update it??????

Last edited by In The Sun; 01-24-2008 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
In The Sun is offline Female
Old 01-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #876
brooklyn670

Mom_of_3_Girls is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
The second clue...'RACKING your brain? It is quite LABorious, but you are sure to figure it out.

Racking...this is NOT the right spelling for the word! The word is WRACKING...it is a transitive verb for wreck.
Racking..oven racks, coat racks, hat racks, racking up a score, racking meat, score, rack...this is a totally different word and it means something entirely different when they use it in that manner...They misspelled it on purpose...this clue is like a HOCKEY rack~~figure...figure skate? Maybe? Lab...Laboritory...Black Labrador, Chocolate Labrador..Chocolate...chocolate chip cookies...oven rack...not a cookie cutter...they tie in somehow.

When I looked up the word rack this is what I found...
rack 1 Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. (rāk) Pronunciation Key
n.
  1. <LI minmax_bound="true">
    1. <LI minmax_bound="true">A framework or stand in or on which to hold, hang, or display various articles: a trophy rack; a rack for baseball bats in the dugout; a drying rack for laundry. <LI minmax_bound="true">Games A triangular frame for arranging billiard or pool balls at the start of a game. <LI minmax_bound="true">A receptacle for livestock feed. <LI minmax_bound="true">A frame for holding bombs in an aircraft. <LI minmax_bound="true">A state of intense anguish.
    2. A cause of intense anguish.
  2. Slang A bunk; a bed.
Now the areas in pink intrigue me. E and F define the meaning used in the clue "raking your brain" but number 2 being slang for a bed is just a wonderful find to support my theory of the Dream O' Meter bed definetly being a missing curio!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #877
To the invisible (:

In The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to behold

Poll Time who knows how to make a polll
In The Sun is offline Female
Old 01-24-2008, 10:28 PM   #878
brooklyn670

Mom_of_3_Girls is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm that didnt post well let me try this instead...

rack 1 (rāk) Pronunciation Key
n.
A framework or stand in or on which to hold, hang, or display various articles: a trophy rack; a rack for baseball bats in the dugout; a drying rack for laundry.
B. Games A triangular frame for arranging billiard or pool balls at the start of a game.
C. A receptacle for livestock feed.
D. A frame for holding bombs in an aircraft.
E. A state of intense anguish.
F. A cause of intense anguish.
Slang A bunk; a bed.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #879
Lil Kinz
webkinzdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

I rack my brain all of the time. A brain rack. Simplify...possibly simply
referring to a rack of test tubes...

It's amazing how much we can read into all of these clues---I'm crossing my
eyes and dotting my T-shirts. Dot is a nickname for Dorothy.

A lot of very creative people are putting a lot of effort into this---at this point,
it's more fun for me to read the thread than worry about solution.

That said, Webkinzmomma: I'm intrigued to see your theory.

Simplify.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:22 AM   #880
mommakitty3

mommakitty has a spectacular aura about

here are my ideas if anyone cares:

MISSING CURIOS: (possibilities, I'm pretty sure about some)

1. Hot Aor Balloon
2. Knight of the Round Armor
3. Ultimate Experiment Station
4. Medieval Dresser
5. Dream O Meter Bed
6. Thoughtful Think Tank
7. Golden Hippo Fridge
8. Ornate Egyptian Side Table
9. Crown's Lineage Coat of Arms
10. Funky Neon Fro

Possible Locations for Missing Curios:

1. on the moon in Dex Dangerous and the Lunar Lugbotz
2. in the Party Room in Home Before Dark
3. in the Gozium Bramble in Go-Go Googles
4. under the desk in the Adoption Center
5. in the rainbow in Color Storm
6. in the (Einstein's)brain jar in Goober's Lab
7. down the wishing well
8. in Barking Mad Mine (or one of the other mines?)

then there is the matter of matching the curio to the location!

I have made up MY MIND on the thief/thieves (and where you would normally find them) debate.
As for the 3 items Arte needs to use to get his curios back, I think I know what those are too.

So, it's really just a matter of: how many curios are really missing?! And which of our guesses are going in the correct path...some of the clues are fairly obvious, while others are extremely obtuse, in my opinion. This is definately too hard for a young child, or even most older kids.
Well, good luck to everyone!
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: