Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #251
~guess it~
Gifted

bluedolfin3443 is a glorious beacon of lightbluedolfin3443 is a glorious beacon of light

Smile Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Then we have to rule out the Charm forest as well, because the charms were very hard to find and not very many people have access to that either. I will have to agree on that.
The description on the FOIL CARD for the Golden Hippo Fridge is this:

When Webkinz Pharaoh Hippo-Potamus had a feast, he stored his fine foods in this gorgeous golden fridge. Foods TOO fantastic to imagine waited in this fridge for the start of another one of Pharaoh's fabled dinner PARTIES. Guests lucky enough to enjoy the Pharaoh's food would remember it for a lifetime.
The description on the Knight of the Round Armor is like this!
This armor remained in the Hallway of King Kinz' for centuries before it was discovered. It once protected Webkinz world's bravest Knight, Sir Galahippo. He served noble King Kinzfor many years and led quite a few battles. When he retired, he was given a Golden Scepter for all his hard work.
So, Sir Galahippo was given something JUST LIKE the Tin Woodman in the Wizard of OZ.
good connection!!!!!!!!!!
bluedolfin3443 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #252
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by Gramma2AZ
I think you have a great idea regarding the books of Webkinz World. Good catch on the number mistake re: Prof.Moriarty. Another Professor mentioned. Prof.Goober, Prof.Marvel and Prof.Moriarty.

I've read a few of the books and read most of the W-Tales, but I'm getting overwhelmed with so much info, that my brain keeps jumping from one thing to another. I've got to get organized with my thoughts.

On a side note, I re-read the tale of Enorma and Goober and she was coloured on different parts of her body, but also covered in white POLKA DOTS.
Thank you! i have been trying to weave this in and no one seemed to catch the correlation until now. Then you almost have to wonder about the RAINBOW PRISM. Do you remember the name of the mine? I don't think it was mentioned. I think it had a rainbow BUTTON on it...which brings me back to the MAP...has anyone had any success with folding the map and discovering this hidden mine? Is there ANYTHING that points to a rainbow (it will be quite small as it was in the story.) ALSO, the RAINBOW ZINGOZ was a guardian of the mine, He said that ALL the gems were rainbow prisms.

---------- Dixiecup added 4 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by evolutionary
Ok, heres some stuff I dug up.. Going on the answer to the bonus question-- it says Prof Moriary appears in 3 "Homes" stories and is mentioned in five' so reading on Wikipepedia, I found this: Although Moriarty only appeared in two of the sixty Sherlock Holmes tales by Conan Doyle"

This could be an innocent mistake.. but what if.. the reference is actually to the stories inthe books on webkinz... is there a character that appears in the webkinz stories five times, but appears three times? Could they be the theif, or lead us to more clues? Is this too much of a stretch??
Just some thoughts to ponder....
No, there is NO msitake in there. Just like the intentional misspelling of the word 'HOMES not Holmes' at the end of the answer. It is a LEAD, for sure. I agree that there have been a LOT of references to professors. Professors Marvel, Moriarty (More Arte?), Professor Goober...it is all TOO much of a coincidence to ignore.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 01-20-2008 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #253
~guess it~
Gifted

bluedolfin3443 is a glorious beacon of lightbluedolfin3443 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you! i have been trying to weave this in and no one seemed to catch the correlation until now. Then you almost have to wonder about the RAINBOW PRISM. Do you remember the name of the mine? I don't think it was mentioned. I think it had a rainbow BUTTON on it...which brings me back to the MAP...has anyone had any success with folding the map and discovering this hidden mine? Is there ANYTHING that points to a rainbow (it will be quite small as it was in the story.) ALSO, the RAINBOW ZINGOZ was a guardian of the mine, He said that ALL the gems were rainbow prisms.

---------- Dixiecup added 4 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

No, there is NO msitake in there. Just like the intentional misspelling of the word 'HOMES not Holmes' at the end of the answer. It is a LEAD, for sure. I agree that there have been a LOT of references to professors. Professors Marvel, Moriarty (More Arte?), Professor Goober...it is all TOO much of a coincidence to ignore.
dixiecup are you online? it says your not but here you are posting...? and...folding the map? i think i missed something...
Old 01-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #254
brooklyn670
Webkinz :)

Mom_of_3_Girls is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all! This is my first post to WI however I have been reading for days now. I want to first say, thank you to all who are putting so much thought and effort into this thread, it is really amazing especially for newbie Webkinz such as myself and my oldest daughter (who is 8 btw). Initially I was embarassed to admit that I enjoyed WW nearly as much as she does if not more. I am glad to find a collection of adults who also enjoy WW.

Now as for this scavenger hunt...

I have a few ideas that as far as I know haven't been mentioned yet. As well as some that have.

I agree with the idea that there is only 1 thief (the crows) as in the Air of Mystery story, there was one thief (the rabbit). There is only one item that I am sure is needed to get the curios back, water. Other ideas I have had are the raincoat and the emerald polka dot boots to keep Arte dry while shooting water at the crows.

In regards to where the curios may be, there are soooo many ideas swirling around. I have a thought though on the "Under the Desk" clue. Perhaps it is referring to the Navigator's Desk in Dogbeard's captain's quarters. I do also think that the Lunar Lugbotz and the moon is another location for the missing curios. And as a third place, the Party Room in the game Home before Dark is a great possibility.

In a previous post (I apologize for not quoting, remember I'm new ) someone referenced the Quizzy's question about the Sherlock Holmes stories. I found it very curious that in the answer the word Holmes was misspelled as Homes, and to include that the "3" reference in that answer was also incorrect leads me to believe that this is a clue not a typo.

Now as for what curios are missing... Well I'm totally stumped! In previous posts, there is a picture showing the Dream 'O Meter Bed, Ultimate Experiment Station, Hot Air Balloon, Knight of the Round Armor, and the Regal Flame Lamp that shows the date it last appeared. Where can that information be found? I have searched and searched and haven't been able to find a list of Arte's Curios or anything to that nature at all.

Well, I hope this helps some and I am glad to be a part of this awesome community!

---------- Mom_of_3_Girls added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later ----------

Hi all! This is my first post to WI however I have been reading for days now. I want to first say, thank you to all who are putting so much thought and effort into this thread, it is really amazing especially for newbie Webkinz such as myself and my oldest daughter (who is 8 btw). Initially I was embarassed to admit that I enjoyed WW nearly as much as she does if not more. I am glad to find a collection of adults who also enjoy WW.

Now as for this scavenger hunt...

I have a few ideas that as far as I know haven't been mentioned yet. As well as some that have.

I agree with the idea that there is only 1 thief (the crows) as in the Air of Mystery story, there was one thief (the rabbit). There is only one item that I am sure is needed to get the curios back, water. Other ideas I have had are the raincoat and the emerald polka dot boots to keep Arte dry while shooting water at the crows.

In regards to where the curios may be, there are soooo many ideas swirling around. I have a thought though on the "Under the Desk" clue. Perhaps it is referring to the Navigator's Desk in Dogbeard's captain's quarters. I do also think that the Lunar Lugbotz and the moon is another location for the missing curios. And as a third place, the Party Room in the game Home before Dark is a great possibility.

In a previous post (I apologize for not quoting, remember I'm new ) someone referenced the Quizzy's question about the Sherlock Holmes stories. I found it very curious that in the answer the word Holmes was misspelled as Homes, and to include that the "3" reference in that answer was also incorrect leads me to believe that this is a clue not a typo.

Now as for what curios are missing... Well I'm totally stumped! In previous posts, there is a picture showing the Dream 'O Meter Bed, Ultimate Experiment Station, Hot Air Balloon, Knight of the Round Armor, and the Regal Flame Lamp that shows the date it last appeared. Where can that information be found? I have searched and searched and haven't been able to find a list of Arte's Curios or anything to that nature at all.

Well, I hope this helps some and I am glad to be a part of this awesome community!

---------- Mom_of_3_Girls added 3 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

Wow, not sure why it posted twice... Sorry about that one

Last edited by Mom_of_3_Girls; 01-20-2008 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #255
nana006
Gifted

nana006 will become famous soon enough

While looking at all of the messages about the numbers 3 and 5, Booger reminded me that 3+5=ate
Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #256
Webkinz :)

BBMack is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe we're just being reminded that there's only 5 days left of the hunt? hehe.

...also i agree about the webkinz books being important...in plumpy's place/advice column she talks about publishing another book...and in the w tales, arte talks about writing a book with doug...

Old 01-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #257
~guess it~
Gifted

Harold "Goober" Hausenfeffer Jr. is Goobers real name
Old 01-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #258
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by bluedolfin3443
Harold "Goober" Hausenfeffer Jr. is Goobers real name
YES, is that neat or WHAT? He has the same initials as the HOWLING HORSE MINE....
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #259
~guess it~
Gifted

YES, is that neat or WHAT? He has the same initials as the HOWLING HORSE MINE....
thats a great idea!!! and a great connection! does this mean anything? also, the jr. ... is that important at all do you guys think?
Old 01-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #260
andy0323
Gifted

andy0323 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok,,,there are too many pieces to this puzzle for my brain just yet, so I am relating to just one little part,, the whole Home Before Dark, Party room. I friend of mine and her kids have been dwelling on this too and her kids are convinced that the POTM is involved,, even with the cookie cutter thing , they called the Ads "cookie cutter " ads that were coming up all day with the one pet out of three missing inthe middle,(long story short), the Retriever,, "retrieves" things, his description is "water" dog,,, ect ect... they think that Arte would never wear the ruby slippers so he needs the Golden Retriever to wear the slippers down the path in Home After Dark to retrieve the hot air balloon from the Party Room . My only question to this would be could the golden retriever be considered as one of the things that Arte needs to get an item back ? ( that is just for one item and one part of this puzzle)
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: