Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #241
~guess it~
Gifted

bluedolfin3443 is a glorious beacon of lightbluedolfin3443 is a glorious beacon of light

Smile Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
There was a picture earlier of Arte's Got your Rares! It is the picture I was looking for that showed The Hippo Fridge....ummm...how many of you have been collecting the trading Cards...what are the possibilities that there are clues held in THOSE?
i have a few trading cards series 1.
bluedolfin3443 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #242
Gifted

kurber is on a distinguished road

Default Re: [Official] Scavenger Hunt Thread II (Jan 9 - 25)

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
There was a picture earlier of Arte's Got your Rares! It is the picture I was looking for that showed The Hippo Fridge....ummm...how many of you have been collecting the trading Cards...what are the possibilities that there are clues held in THOSE?
In my opinion:

The trading cards have not yet become accessible enough for everyone.

Therefore I do not think that they would hold clues pertaining to the scavenger hunt.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #243
Gifted
HMLilly is on a distinguished road

I agree, if the screwy lamp was in the curio shop, then it can't be missing but I think due to the clues we do have a missing lamp. So maybe then it isn't 5 from the same theme as gramma2az said above
Old 01-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #244
Webkinz :)
evolutionary is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, heres some stuff I dug up.. Going on the answer to the bonus question-- it says Prof Moriary appears in 3 "Homes" stories and is mentioned in five' so reading on Wikipepedia, I found this: Although Moriarty only appeared in two of the sixty Sherlock Holmes tales by Conan Doyle"

This could be an innocent mistake.. but what if.. the reference is actually to the stories inthe books on webkinz... is there a character that appears in the webkinz stories five times, but appears three times? Could they be the theif, or lead us to more clues? Is this too much of a stretch??
Just some thoughts to ponder....
Old 01-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #245
~guess it~
Gifted

bluedolfin3443 is a glorious beacon of lightbluedolfin3443 is a glorious beacon of light

i have a dream-o-meter bed series 1 foil card here. it says "Any brilliant scientist would be lost without this high-tech dream-o-meter bed. It not only measures and records all of your dreams, but also analyzes them and stores them for later veiwing. this bed is the prototype, developed by Webkinz World's very own leading scientific mind, Harold "Goober" Hausenfeffer Jr." then at the bottom of the card 'arte says' says "Its like a video recorder in your brain"
bluedolfin3443 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #246
evolutionary is an unknown quantity at this point

Yikes.. I meant mentioned five times, and appears three times...
Old 01-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #247
gramma2az

Gramma2AZ is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by bonniesbabies
Would they really put clues in the cards? The cards are hard to find in some places and that would put those people at a disadvantage. I'm just not sure thye would do that.
I agree. It's the same idea as the Charm Forest. I don't do charms, so I would not have access to any info there.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #248
Gifted

kurber is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by HMLilly
I agree, if the screwy lamp was in the curio shop, then it can't be missing but I think due to the clues we do have a missing lamp. So maybe then it isn't 5 from the same theme as gramma2az said above
Do we think that an actual lamp is missing or do we think the calendar trivia clue was just trying to get us to the "moon lamp" that has a description of "sweet dreams" and leading us to think of another curio item like the "dream o meter bed"

The lamp was added on like an after thought.

The lunar lugbotz have the moon . . .lamp.

Almost like it was saying they have the moon. But tried to throw lamp in there to get us to investigate the moon lamp further. Since I do not believe the moon lamp is missing and the sweeet dreams refrence along with the racking your brain references amongst other subtle dream clues. Has me thinking that the dream o meter bed is a missing curio.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #249
gramma2az

Gramma2AZ is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by evolutionary
Ok, heres some stuff I dug up.. Going on the answer to the bonus question-- it says Prof Moriary appears in 3 "Homes" stories and is mentioned in five' so reading on Wikipepedia, I found this: Although Moriarty only appeared in two of the sixty Sherlock Holmes tales by Conan Doyle"

This could be an innocent mistake.. but what if.. the reference is actually to the stories inthe books on webkinz... is there a character that appears in the webkinz stories five times, but appears three times? Could they be the theif, or lead us to more clues? Is this too much of a stretch??
Just some thoughts to ponder....
I think you have a great idea regarding the books of Webkinz World. Good catch on the number mistake re: Prof.Moriarty. Another Professor mentioned. Prof.Goober, Prof.Marvel and Prof.Moriarty.

I've read a few of the books and read most of the W-Tales, but I'm getting overwhelmed with so much info, that my brain keeps jumping from one thing to another. I've got to get organized with my thoughts.

On a side note, I re-read the tale of Enorma and Goober and she was coloured on different parts of her body, but also covered in white POLKA DOTS.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #250
e must be
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by bonniesbabies
Would they really put clues in the cards? The cards are hard to find in some places and that would put those people at a disadvantage. I'm just not sure thye would do that.
Then we have to rule out the Charm forest as well, because the charms were very hard to find and not very many people have access to that either. I will have to agree on that.
The description on the FOIL CARD for the Golden Hippo Fridge is this:

When Webkinz Pharaoh Hippo-Potamus had a feast, he stored his fine foods in this gorgeous golden fridge. Foods TOO fantastic to imagine waited in this fridge for the start of another one of Pharaoh's fabled dinner PARTIES. Guests lucky enough to enjoy the Pharaoh's food would remember it for a lifetime.
The description on the Knight of the Round Armor is like this!
This armor remained in the Hallway of King Kinz' for centuries before it was discovered. It once protected Webkinz world's bravest Knight, Sir Galahippo. He served noble King Kinzfor many years and led quite a few battles. When he retired, he was given a Golden Scepter for all his hard work.
So, Sir Galahippo was given something JUST LIKE the Tin Woodman in the Wizard of OZ.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: