Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 05:35 AM   #21
barthur

Default Re: *** EVERYONE PLEASE READ -- New Policy On Disturbing Trend On Wi ***

I totally agree with Justin being upset, I'm just wondering if immediately banning the accuser is the answer. Now before anyone attacks ME, let me explain. We all know how small children are, kids have a hard time believing anything they can't or haven't seen, that's just how kids are. Just like a small kid is quick to yell "I hate you!" at a parent, they are also quick to accuse someone of lying. Having raised three children, I know that first hand. Do they need some kind of reprimand? Heck yes!! But to me, and it's just my opinion, I think immediate and permanent banning is a little much for a kid. Yes, there are adults on here so it's really tough to tell the accusers age, but IF it's a young child, then I just find banning a little harsh. Totally understand where Justin is coming from with feeling that way though(although I haven't read any of the posts in question), being accused of something that is in no way correct is a tough one! Lets just hope the threat of it keeps all kids in line.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #22
Webkinz :)
grandma6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: *** EVERYONE PLEASE READ -- New Policy On Disturbing Trend On Wi ***

As the owner of this site, you have taken the only steps that could be taken. I appreciate your courage in doing so. It's not easy being the leader of anything, including a family, but with that postion comes responsibilites. You have risen and accepted yours. Not an easy decision. But as a leader, there are many rewards. The kudos in the above posts are yours.
You've made a decision. Now it is a new day and time to move on. This too will pass.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:32 AM   #23
Gift Guru

Freya is a creator of wonder
Freya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonder

I've just had the chance to read through yesterday's announcement of new webkinz and I was in total disbelief. Justin, Wendy and several mods intervened with appropriate comments and extreme patience but there were members who continued to cause trouble.

They are called trolls since they troll through a forum looking for and causing trouble. They're everywhere and every forum has a few. The difference HERE is that many many other forums show much less patience and ban these trolls much quicker.

Barthur, I believe this thread is warning enough.

I don't know what the deal was last night or where the negativity comes from but I can totally understand your hurt feelings Justin and I'm really sorry about that.
Freya is offline Female
Old 12-02-2007, 06:46 AM   #24
Pother1974
Gift Guru

Pother1974 will become famous soon enough

Thank you Justin. Not that my opinion really matters, but I am glad you are taking this course of action. It is one thing to disagree, but a total outrage to be called a liar. I trust you and your site and I am here more than on WW. Thank you again for your site and the wonderful job you and all the mods do for us.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:56 AM   #25
sheekymonkey
Gift Guru

sheekymonkey has a spectacular aura about

that is so very true!
Old 12-02-2007, 06:57 AM   #26
dhmjohnson
Gift Guru

dhmjohnson is a name known to alldhmjohnson is a name known to alldhmjohnson is a name known to all

I'm sorry that happened to you Justin. Unfortunately there are people who just have to ruin things for others. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your site. Hopefully your post will help stop the nonsense.
dhmjohnson is offline Female
Old 12-02-2007, 06:59 AM   #27
barthur

View Post Originally Posted by Freya
I've just had the chance to read through yesterday's announcement of new webkinz and I was in total disbelief. Justin, Wendy and several mods intervened with appropriate comments and extreme patience but there were members who continued to cause trouble.

They are called trolls since they troll through a forum looking for and causing trouble. They're everywhere and every forum has a few. The difference HERE is that many many other forums show much less patience and ban these trolls much quicker.

Barthur, I believe this thread is warning enough.

I don't know what the deal was last night or where the negativity comes from but I can totally understand your hurt feelings Justin and I'm really sorry about that.
Well I hope so. There is no call for the negativity and accusations, I just hope it wasn't some 7 and 8 year olds just being kids, not believing anything until they see it for themselves. Seems kinda harsh for just a kid, banning them forever. Banning for, lets say, a month, would take care of it if it's just a child. And if it's an adult, then I kinda doubt they would bother to come back and cause trouble after a month off of here. I totally agree something needs to be done, but picture how you would feel if your 6 year old daughter was devasted because she did what kids do, mouth off, and the punishment stood for life. I realize there is no way of knowing the ages of those involved, and the hurt feelings of Justin, since his time is given to help those of us that love Webbies, I just hate the idea that the punishment to a kid for being a kid is so harsh.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:06 AM   #28
shannonkay
Gifted

shannonkay has a spectacular aura aboutshannonkay has a spectacular aura about

I haven't really noticed this problem before, but I haven't been here for that long.

I just read through about the first 12 pages of the thread announcing the new pets.

I am generally for a moderate amount of skepticism as far as not falling to rumors goes, but that is usually when there's no proof.

Your information has always been good, and there were pictures and your source of information (that retailers can order them) was good. No reason for doubt.

I've noticed two problems;
1. People don't read. They don't see words like "confirmed".
2. I noticed one poster in particular who seemed unclear on the definitions of several terms including "freedom of speech"

This is a private site, Justin and Wendy do not have to tolerate rudeness or any other inappropriate behavior.
shannonkay is offline Female
Old 12-02-2007, 07:07 AM   #29
Gift Guru

charlesthefourth is a name known to allcharlesthefourth is a name known to allcharlesthefourth is a name known to all

Justin, the thought, dedication, heart and energy that you endlessly put into WI has always been overwhelmingly evident!

Please, please take into deep thought that there are tons and tons of WI members who appreciate and are totally and completely grateful for ALL that you do!!!!

As always, THANK-YOU for keeping this forum a fun and safe place to be
[B]

I heartily second this sentiment! Please know that there are many more people who appreciate what you do..every single day!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 07:10 AM   #30
Gift Guru

fun4us is on a distinguished road

Thank you. I can't believe someone would accuse you of all people. I am glad you have fixed his growing issue.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: