Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #181
Webkinz :)
banana13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: *** EVERYONE PLEASE READ -- New Policy On Disturbing Trend On Wi ***

Sorry to hear you've been treated this way.
I'm glad you've decided to deal with this in the way you have, as it really isn't appropriate to be acting that way towards other members!
PS. I'm so waiting for the Elepahant
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #182

DragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: *** EVERYONE PLEASE READ -- New Policy On Disturbing Trend On Wi ***

This was a good idea. Sometimes, I'll see photos people have put up that say that they found the new such-and-such pet, and, as usual, I see other members saying "Liar! That isn't a webkinz!" or "I don't believe you" and more, but accusing the site owner who-as far as I have seen-Makes sure that when he posts a announcement thread, the images inside are VERIFIED and TRUE-of being a liar? That is going too far. I think that the rule is a very good idea. It astounds me still, those members who actually think that Justin (Or any other Founder, Admin, or Mod) is lying.

Well, there's my rant! (lol)

I really enjoy the four new pictures, and I think I may get a Black Poodle when it comes out.
DragonStar is offline Male
Old 12-03-2007, 02:36 PM   #183
PM me for it please
Gifted

BlackPearl695 will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up Re: *** EVERYONE PLEASE READ -- New Policy On Disturbing Trend On Wi ***

I am so sorry that you were put through that Justin. I hope everyone takes the time to read this thread and listens to the message. There is no excuse for being rude and hurtful like that. I am glad to see that you are taking action though. When someone makes comments like that to an adult, they are more apt to ignore it. However, when the comment or thread is a post from a child, they tend to take those rude and hurtful comments to heart. That's completely unacceptable. Thank you Justin, for looking out for the kids.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #184
Beetlebug95

Beetlebug95 is on a distinguished road

Wow I can't beleive some people called you a liar. I think that we should all trust in one another even if it is out of the ordinary.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #185
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

I can't beleive it -- You are always so careful -verifying all information before it is put on any of the threads. You have worked so hard along with the others to make this the best site and the most trustworthy -- it is a shame that you have to feel bad on your own site. I for one stand behind you on this. I hate seeing people called anything -- You do not steal, hack into anything to get your info and you never just put anything in this site unless you verified it.

It is a shame. My mom always says "Treat people as you want to be treated at all times"

Were are these people's mom.
We all love you Justin, and hope that you can feel better about this.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #186
fillymare
Gifted

fillymare has a spectacular aura about

I am really sorry that this has happened. I for one believe you, along with a good many of us. Let's not think of WI as a weather report, where there is a good chance that the info is wrong. I'd rather think of WI as, well, what WI used to be, where everyone trusted each other to give people true info. It's not fair for you, Wendy, and the other mods and admins to put this hard work into this site, to protect it, to keep it safe, and then tell all of us, and have some of us call you a liar. I wouldn't blame you if you decided to close WI or give it to another mod or admin. I am sorry to hear this.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #187
bumblebeemousegirl
Gifted

I_wish_mel has a spectacular aura about

wow... why would some one do that? but now because we can't say some one is lieing.. then you should say some thing about not lieing about getting too.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #188

Eminem is on a distinguished road

I feel ya justin, I read a few posts on the hard figurine thread and noticed some of the users were saying completely innaproriate things to a bunch of people
Old 12-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #189

4LoveOfBoxers is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this is a great new policy to have. I have often found myself reading through posts and wondering why people are so rude to each other or accuse other members of being liars.

I imagine most of the accusations and rudeness being displayed is by the younger members of this site that have not had enough life experiences to teach them how to be respectful to others (although I have a hard time accepting that as an excuse because they have to have parents that should be teaching them or at least monitoring their internet usage). However, it would not surprise me if there were also a fair amount of “adult” members that need a lesson in cordial writing tips.

In a way I see the point that it might be unfair to ban a small child without a prior warning but I can also think of too many reasons why the policy is fair as is. 1) How many small children are being allowed to freely post (or surf on the internet) without a parent’s supervision. I do not have any children myself but I do have nieces and nephews that are in the double digits age range and they still are not allowed on the internet without parental supervision. Not because they did something wrong, but for their own protection. 2) For the children that are old enough to be posting on sites without parental supervision, they should know better than to be so blatantly rude. 3) This post should be warning enough.

Regardless of someone’s age, I would hope that by being a member of this site, they would see how other members interact with each other and learn by example. I agree that everyone should feel free to voice their opinion but there are ways to voice your opinion in a respectful manner that does not offend anyone. And on that note, just because you start your sentence with "No offense but . . ." does not soften the blow the rest of the sentence may have on someone.

One writing tip that I give people is, once they have written something, they need to step back and read what they just wrote from the receiver’s point of view. If you would be offended or hurt, change your wording or don’t say anything at all.

Finally, it seems that the new trend is that someone feels they should be respected regardless of how they treat other people. I was under the impression that you had to give respect before you could receive it.

I just said this on another post but I believe it bears repeating . . .

Thanks Justin, Wendy, admins/mods, and all the true WI members for all the time and effort you put into sharing tips, information, and news with all the rest of us!!! You do an excellent job and there is not enough time in the day to thank you enough!!

Old 12-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #190
Seth is truely
Gifted
soccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Hey Justin I totally belive you! And that was super wrong! One question... Do you think that the black poodle is an older pet that they are releasing now... I think so! well just have to wait and see! PS how do you know this all?

---------- soccergollygal added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later ----------

But it's not nice to lie, not saying any one ever did...

Last edited by soccergollygal; 12-03-2007 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
soccergollygal is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: