Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #171
pheeny
Gifted

Distractseasily has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: *** EVERYONE PLEASE READ -- New Policy On Disturbing Trend On Wi ***

I remember when I first stumbled upon WI. I "lurked" for a week or two, the decided to join. It has now been about eight months. In that time I have seen many changes. Some good and some not so good. Overall I think you , your staff, and a majority of users have done a wonderful job. I felt you were doing such a great job that in July I made a small donation to help keep this site free. With just over 20,000 active users there are bound to be bumps in the road. I am truly sorry that some people out there doubted the truth of your and other users findings. You have always stated that you do your research before making annoucements. You even go to great lenghts to verify and stand behind user who discover new and unusal things. I think you have a great thing here and I hope that you can have faith in your project. It saddens me to think the only reason you are staying is because you are founder. I hope the majority can give back the joy a few took away.

A dedicated WI User,

Distractseasily
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #172
Webkinz :)

lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: *** EVERYONE PLEASE READ -- New Policy On Disturbing Trend On Wi ***

Justin,

Don't let bad people like this get to you! This site you created is a huge accomplishment for you and we all anjoy reading all about the exciting news you have to give us about Webkinz and we all get to benefit from all the hard work you and your staff put into it. The majority of the WI members, fom what I can tell, are sincerely good people - don't forget it. Remember, anyone with greatness will always have critics, I'm sure Webkinz World themselves can attest to that - they are probably faced with these kinds of people everyday. We are 100% behind you and those people who did this to you should never post again on this site!

Thanks for everything!!!
:rdr:
lilkinzmom7 is offline Female
Old 12-02-2007, 10:12 PM   #173
debaleb
Gift Guru
Debaleb will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Distractseasily
I remember when I first stumbled upon WI. I "lurked" for a week or two, the decided to join. It has now been about eight months. In that time I have seen many changes. Some good and some not so good. Overall I think you , your staff, and a majority of users have done a wonderful job. I felt you were doing such a great job that in July I made a small donation to help keep this site free. With just over 20,000 active users there are bound to be bumps in the road. I am truly sorry that some people out there doubted the truth of your and other users findings. You have always stated that you do your research before making annoucements. You even go to great lenghts to verify and stand behind user who discover new and unusal things. I think you have a great thing here and I hope that you can have faith in your project. It saddens me to think the only reason you are staying is because you are founder. I hope the majority can give back the joy a few took away.

A dedicated WI User,

Distractseasily
Ditto: I could not have said it any better.
And Justin, I know you and your staff are greatly appreciated by the majority of us on WI.
Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #174
andy0323
Gifted

andy0323 is an unknown quantity at this point

You really are appreciated , Justin ! Sorry that these people made you feel bad.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #175
gostop5
Gift Guru

gostop5 is just really nicegostop5 is just really nice

yes justin we all appreciate the sight and all the insight and info it gives us into webkinz. unfortunately many of us have come under fire from some of the "over zealous" users that aren't the greatest at "using their words" to communicate LOL. it is sad that some people who can't seem to communicate their feelings in an adult mature manner, have to make things bad for the rest of us. i realize that there are a lot of young users on this site but as a mother i have to say i hope they remember to be respectful and kind to everyone here. this is a fun and informative site for all of us and i'm sure we'd all like to continue to have it at our disposal. i would hope that all users young and old(er) teehee- will continue to use their manners and speak nicely and politely to everyone. while everyone is entitled to their opinion they should trust the administration of this site that they would not mislead us-otherwise we'd stop coming if we couldn't trust the info. i know some do "manufacture" things on this site as jokes or fun little things and maybe that's the source of mistrust by some who don't understand the difference between a regular member trying to make a joke and an administrater dispensing information for us all. that being said there is ALWAYS a way to tactfully say anything we wish to,and be polite in doing so. i hope everyone remembers this and trys in the future to think a little about their words and how they may be percieved before they type them.

thanks
gostop5 is offline Female
Old 12-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #176
Unigirl7

My Mom made me come read the posts that were made and this new policy. I can't believe that people actually called Justin a liar. I mean, I am just a kid, but I know better than that. My Mom says if you can't say something nice, then keep your mouth shut!

I love it that I know the cool new stuff before my friends at school! And, my Mom always helps them if they need things. She's told other Moms about this site, but they don't go here. Sometimes my friends do, but they have to have adult help, so Mom ends up helping everybody!

Anyway, I say kick them out of here if they can't follow the rules, Justin! Some of them might be little kids that don't understand, so maybe they could be grounded or something and have to do something to earn the privilege of coming back and have their parents check on what they're doing, but if it's grownups, definitely kick them out!

I love coming here, Justin! Keep up the good work!

Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #177
Roll Tide
Gift Guru

BellaColby is on a distinguished road

Good for you Justiin! This has needed to be done.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #178
yeagermiester/winnie
Gift Guru

yeagermiester has a spectacular aura about

Justin
I think many of us have been in the same boat at one time or the other. I know you love this forum and dedicate more time to it than most owners would.
I am sorry that some feel they have to attack you like this and it's wrong in my book. All you are doing is trying to help the members get the information they want.
Sorry to hear you're having these issues and I hope they stop soon. It's not fair, warranted or needed and the feelings you get from this type of attack are hurtful and agravating.
Hope this stops soon and everyone gets back to enjoying the site for what it is...a place to get information , meet new people and have fun with webkinz
yeagermiester is offline Female
Old 12-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #179
LLJ9349 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Re: *** EVERYONE PLEASE READ -- New Policy On Disturbing Trend On Wi ***

Thumbs up to you!!! I have only been a member for a few short months, but I look forward to WI at least a couple of times a day. I think it is a wonderful, wholesome, fun website that parents and grandparents do not have to worry about mean, hateful people and interactions with their young ones. I'm sorry you had to experience this kind of behavior first hand, but am supportive of your new policy. I especially love the conversation you have with Arte every day. It is creative and a fun read for me. It is obvious you enjoy what you are doing. Please do not loose that enthusiasm over one member's ignorance. Keep up your spirit and great work on WI. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me such simple joy on your website.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #180

ladyinred is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank-you for addressing this issue. And for taking quick action to eliminate it. No one should be accused of "lieing" without proof. What happened to "innocent until proven guilty?
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: