Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Webkinz Friends (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/webkinz-friends-309/)
-   -   It's been 4 years (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/webkinz-friends-309/its-been-4-years-811698/)

mom of 2 teens08-06-2018 03:49 PM

It's been 4 years

Wow it has been almost 4 yrs (Aug. 31, 2014) since they shut down Webkinz Friends I do miss it.

Dixiecup08-08-2018 02:46 PM

Re: It's been 4 years

When you think about all the effort they are going through to build this desktop app ... all they really needed to do was work on this a bit more.

Queen of Sheba08-08-2018 10:32 PM

I never played so I don't know what I missed. :D

beerfeet08-13-2018 06:19 AM

I really enjoyed playing WF. The buildings were so wonderful. I wish they could add them to WW. There we some amazing maps by Friends. I still have screen shots and enjoy using them for my screen saver!

Superfly Sister08-14-2018 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of Sheba (Post 31578688)

Me neither! And I'm glad! I would be so sad if I had started playing Webkinz Friends only for it get shut down not long after being introduced.

aug216808-14-2018 12:50 PM

I miss WF too! That was the only reason I opened a facebook account.

Dixiecup08-19-2018 07:40 AM

It was really neat to be able to ‘re-adopt’ your pets there. It was a lot like FarmVille where you had friends help you meet specific goals. Once those goals were met you would get items you could send to your Webkinz World accounts.
It really makes me wonder, if they had marketed it under a different name, aimed itvadults, would it have been more successful?
They tried, briefly, with Tail-towns. But there was such a delay in their launch that Ganz quickly got the reputation of being full of empty promises. This translated into other sales of other products, coupled with recession and a waning market? Concept was great, delivery was flawed and really, It’s all about timing, accountability and knowledgeable site management in a virtual industry

Ritzcracker08-24-2018 09:30 PM

They had really great prizes, which I liked. And you could always count on getting free fall soda and similar prizes. It was nice while it lasted. But, like Dixiecup said, flawed delivery etc. Ganz really does have a bit of a problem in that area, as we are all aware of with all the glitches in WW that they never quite seem to get around to dealing with.

luvzfrogs08-31-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of Sheba (Post 31578688)

Me either! But sometimes I wish I had. :)

Dixiecup09-08-2018 08:41 AM

I tried it, but I was so involved in straight Webkinz and keeping up with that, that it all became overwhelming. My problem is that once I start something, I get almost obsessive about it. I have been accused ::) I stand guilty, but unashamed. Just because I have intense focus doesn't mean I have an issue, right? At least until it conflicts with everyday things.