Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Trading Cards & Accessories (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/trading-cards-accessories-171/)
-   -   What the stores are telling me about the charms (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/trading-cards-accessories-171/what-stores-telling-me-about-charms-42751/)

Tula08-03-2007 08:26 PM

What the stores are telling me about the charms

I have called so many stores today. There are several on the webkinz site that say that stores in my area have the charms. Well they don't. They are telling me September at the earliest. They suggested I call each week though, because they have been known to come in early and even sometimes later.

This feels like beanie baby madness to me. I wonder when I will see cars on the side of the road selling charms and webkinz products. LOL

None of the stores are willing to do a waiting list. Bummer. They think they will sell out 5 mintues after they hit the shelf.

I would buy them online if I could find a reputable site I could trust but I don't know of any. I don't understand a preorder either and how that works. Forget ebay. I am not spending 20.00 on one charm when I can have several for that. No way.

Well this is just an update from me on what is going on in my neck of the woods.:thumbup:

Colorcolor!08-03-2007 08:33 PM

Re: What the stores are telling me about the charms

Maybe they dont have the charms yet because the shipment hasnt come. but i would take thier advice and call every week.
-
do you know if it is true that the Cheeky Dog and Cat are coming back to stock in December?

Tula08-03-2007 08:34 PM

Yes they are expecting the shipment, but Ganz told them September would be more likely for arrival. I guess because it takes like a month for stuff to get to the USA from Canada and isn't that where they are coming from?

charmedgirl13008-03-2007 08:36 PM

Yeah I thik but my store has a waiting list
signed
number 348

WesleyKinz08-03-2007 08:36 PM

A lot of people like sweetbe.com....but, when I attempted to add things the the shopping cart and then check out, this weird security warning came up. I'm not real sure what it was, but my husband said he didn't trust it and he is the head computer security guy where he works. So, I counted them out for myself.

I found another site... flamingice.com. They are doing pre-orders. The charms are $2.99 each and I think I ordered 6 or 7. Shipping is around $6. I went ahead and placed my pre-order. My card has been charged and I've been told that they expect to have them by mid month. They said they'd let me know if that changes. They also told me that if I find them locally first that I could cancel the order and get a refund. I would like to find them locally, but then again I don't wanna drive all over town getting them!

I did manage to get one on ebay and the necklace for great prices. I got the tree frog charm for $4.50 and the necklace for $4.99. I got them in the mail on Wednesday so I was able to enter the codes in yesterday!

kitten146208-03-2007 08:38 PM

Mine are telling me not yet. I tryed the same thing. The store I thought I would get them at said they would probably be monday.

Tula08-03-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WesleyKinz (Post 810139)
A lot of people like sweetbe.com....but, when I attempted to add things the the shopping cart and then check out, this weird security warning came up. I'm not real sure what it was, but my husband said he didn't trust it and he is the head computer security guy where he works. So, I counted them out for myself.

I found another site... flamingice.com. They are doing pre-orders. The charms are $2.99 each and I think I ordered 6 or 7. Shipping is around $6. I went ahead and placed my pre-order. My card has been charged and I've been told that they expect to have them by mid month. They said they'd let me know if that changes. They also told me that if I find them locally first that I could cancel the order and get a refund. I would like to find them locally, but then again I don't wanna drive all over town getting them!

I did manage to get one on ebay and the necklace for great prices. I got the tree frog charm for $4.50 and the necklace for $4.99. I got them in the mail on Wednesday so I was able to enter the codes in yesterday!

Thank you for this information. I was not quite comfortable with sweetbe either. Thank you for the other site though. I am giving you a reputation point for that. I didn't know about them.
T U L A:D

dancinwebkinzlvr08-03-2007 09:23 PM

Even the store locator has none anywhere near my area. I'm number one on the waiting list at a local gift shop.... :)