Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Trading Cards & Accessories

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
jenlovesdolls is a creator of wonder
jenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonder

Default Are trading cards worth it?

I have been trying to find recent information on the trading cards.
In the past I collected series 1 and 2.
Right now I can get cases of cards for a fairly decent amount, but I am wondering if they are worth it.
I don't want to spend the money and find the codes are no longer valid etc.

Also, did any of the series give out pieces to the wonderful wonderland theme?

I know the first two series I got, egyptian, medieval, garden gamer, etc.
I also remember being fed up with getting paltry amounts of KC on every card.

Can someone tell me what series gave out what rares/themes?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2014, 11:42 PM   #2

squeaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zero
squeaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zero

Default Re: Are trading cards worth it?

I've only done a lot of Series 1 cards. The codes are still valid, even though the cards are quite old. The rares I've received are from the Egyptian, Medieval, And Kooky Scientist theme. Two of those themes are permanently retired, so those are good to find. The series 1 cards can be gotten cheaply, which is a good thing because a lot of the prizes are lame. Kinzcash payouts, groceries, coupons, Dicekinz packs, movie studios, and common clothing items are disappointing. I have two threads where I've reported what I found in large quantities of series 1. The data there might help you decide how much you are willing to pay for the cards.

I don't know if the odds of winning good prizes, like TCG furniture & clothes, improved with later series. I am curious to hear if anyone can answer that.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
jenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonderjenlovesdolls is a creator of wonder

View Post Originally Posted by squeaky
I've only done a lot of Series 1 cards. The codes are still valid, even though the cards are quite old. The rares I've received are from the Egyptian, Medieval, And Kooky Scientist theme. Two of those themes are permanently retired, so those are good to find. The series 1 cards can be gotten cheaply, which is a good thing because a lot of the prizes are lame. Kinzcash payouts, groceries, coupons, Dicekinz packs, movie studios, and common clothing items are disappointing. I have two threads where I've reported what I found in large quantities of series 1. The data there might help you decide how much you are willing to pay for the cards.

I don't know if the odds of winning good prizes, like TCG furniture & clothes, improved with later series. I am curious to hear if anyone can answer that.
Yes, I saw your threads. Mainly I want the KC, and those old rares sell pretty well in the wshop.
I have read reviews on the cards, and the 3 and 4 series got some bad reviews, where the 1 and 2 got all good reviews.
I am not sure how accurate that is. Most of the furniture that comes with the series I don't want.
I do want the garden gaming, egyptian, medieval, and wonderful wonderland themes. I know the first 3 came in series 1 and 2. For the wonderland, if the cards gave those out I would think they came in the last series or not at all since it is newer.
I think I am best off with series 1 and 2. I can get them for around $10.50 a case, which is a lot less than the $75 I used to spend on one case!
Old 12-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #4

squeaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zerosqueaky divides by zero

The picture gallery shows all the TCG furniture available in each series, but I haven't found anything about the odds of winning the various prizes.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #5

View Post Originally Posted by squeaky
The picture gallery shows all the TCG furniture available in each series, but I haven't found anything about the odds of winning the various prizes.
I just remember that series one gave a lot of egyptian, medieval and science furniture. I figured the others probably gave out rares too but from different years. I think the series 4 might have come out before the themes I am looking for.

I bought 10 boxes of series 1, and will post the outcome of what I get!
Old 12-31-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
Clap Ya Hands-G1C

Atomton is epic beyond epicnessAtomton is epic beyond epicnessAtomton is epic beyond epicnessAtomton is epic beyond epicnessAtomton is epic beyond epicness
Atomton is epic beyond epicnessAtomton is epic beyond epicness

@Jenlovesdolls, why don't you trade your egyptian and kooky scientist for the items you want instead of selling them?
Atomton is offline Male
Old 12-31-2014, 01:44 PM   #7

View Post Originally Posted by Atomton
@Jenlovesdolls, why don't you trade your egyptian and kooky scientist for the items you want instead of selling them?
I figured that trading would be more trouble than it is worth.
I sold a lot of rare items, that I now see are worth 40K + but how do you trade that much KC when doing a trade anyway?
I think also many probably don't want those themes anymore since they are so old.

I guess all I can do is see what I get out of the cards and hope someone who has what I want is willing to trade for what I have.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #8
Clap Ya Hands-G1C

Atomton is epic beyond epicnessAtomton is epic beyond epicnessAtomton is epic beyond epicnessAtomton is epic beyond epicnessAtomton is epic beyond epicness
Atomton is epic beyond epicnessAtomton is epic beyond epicness

@Jenlovesdoll, those are collectible items and many are looking for them including me pieces of Kooky Scientist and Egyptian. They are long retired from 2009.
Atomton is offline Male
Old 12-31-2014, 03:14 PM   #9

You can get some really awesome stuff in trade because those items are *very* desirable. I am always looking for Egyptian items. Trading is time consuming, but you can collect great stuff that can't be bought outright at w-shop or e-store. I advise to try trading first, if you have the time to invest. With Egyptian & Kooky Scientist items, you will get some good trades!
Old 12-31-2014, 07:09 PM   #10

That is really good to know, I really want the wonderland themed stuff, and if I can trade those rares for it that would be great!
Closed

Tags
googles always prevail