Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Trading Cards & Accessories

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Kia18
Webkinz :)
Kiki13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Are they worth it?

Ok so I don't have any charms or stuff like that. I only have 1 pack of trading cards. So are all those extras worth it? Are they or Cuz I know they cost money! Let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Are they worth it?

I like my charms. I get food, t shirts, 100kc coins, sap glop (fairy gak), or charms. I think is was worth the money. I paid $4 each for the charms. I still can go into the forest for the food/coins even though I have already found all of the forest charms for the 2 charms I have logged in.
mimzysmom is offline Female
Old 03-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
Gifted
cheychey45 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is worth it depending on how deep you get into webkinz. The charm is nice because you can win money, shirts food and of course collect charms. As far as I can tell you really only need to purchase to really maximize the charm forest and any eight would do but if you can't find chamrs in your area, I would not purchase them online because they will be out again and there are so many other things you can do.

Ijust got into trading cards recently and they are nice because you can get rare series specific to the trading cards, money and even win virtual pets! for parents, I think it is a nice way for them to get their kids a little webkinz gift without buying a new webkinz every week and for kids who do not have as much cash, they can buy these things in place of pets.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
PofNatey

I think the figurines are worth it
I only have one which is the Mail Carrier, but they each come with a special piece of furniture
Mine came with a little mailbox that actually can hold one item!
The trading cards are ok I guess but I only have 5 packs I think
the prizes are never that good unless you buy like a million different ones.
The bookmarks are NOT worth it at all unless you just want one for a bookmark but even then, it's not worth $2 and the virtual prize is just a book you could buy at the W Shop
And I haven't bought any other extras
Old 03-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
yournotme
Gift Guru

yournotme is a WI addict!
yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

We love the figurines because you know what your getting when you buy them, and like Mimzysmom pointed out the charms are a great investment too because every time you go into the forest there is a chance at a prize. I buy the trading cards too, you can get furniture that you can't get at the W shop or Artes and sometimes cash too. Not all the trading cards have great prizes but the oooh and aahh is fun to hear.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
Kia18

Thanks so much! I think I'll get some figurenes or charms. They seem the most worth it.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
MlrGrl
Gift Guru

MlrGrl will become famous soon enough

Kiki - I know exactly where you are coming from. DDs and I entered WKW in Oct. I've never bought trading cards for anything in my life before; the pets look cute the way they are, why would I dress them? Bought a bookmark for DD & was not impressed with the exclusive item.

But, then, we saw a cute outfit to buy & when I entered the KinzStyle shop, couldn't find anything I liked, so I saved the bags. After reading here & finding out more about the trading cards & how you could win prizes that can't be bought at the curio or w shops, we got a couple packs....and opened them & put them in a book.

Now that I'm gifted, it's a whole new world! Who knew those virtual packs were worth so much! I get the prize + I could trade away packs for more things???

The figures are cute, but some of them I only want the FSI (figure specific item), and not really the statue online, so I can trade that away too!

Looking back to the past couple months, it's amazing how ****** into the WKW I have become!! The girls at Hallmark say that I am more informed than their Ganz rep (well, that's all thanks to WI! LOL)

The bottom line is, it's all up to how involved with WKW you are. I have a friend that's perfectly content with what's available just in the WKW & is better at not getting too deep into this world.

But, like I told DH one day when he asked why I'm so into it all -- it's like having the doll house I never had as a child & the best part is I don't have any mess to clean up! LOL
Old 03-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
Kia18

Thanks that really helped!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
♥ 2 c ww homes
Gift Guru

Trouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond repute

I think the charms, backpacks, glam shop and figurines are worth it. I don't think the S2 trading cards are worth it. You get mostly w-shop itmes..
Trouble is offline Female
Closed