Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Trading Cards & Accessories

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
Sparrowbug
Webkinz :)

Sparrowbug will become famous soon enough

Default Online places to buy boxes of trading cards for cheap?

Okay...so spill...if you buy boxes on-line, where do you get them from?

I just realized I'm buying a pack for $2.99 around here and if you times that by 36... Yick. We've started using the cards in place of an allowance or for bribery on the bad days. So, I've been keeping a stash in my purse, but I'm thinking I should bite the bullet and get them on-line.

I've noticed that a lot of the Series 1 items aren't so rare anymore. Is there any reason to buy Series One if you're not heavily invested in either?

---------- Sparrowbug added 6 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

Oh...and before anyone thinks I'm a strange parent, both my kids are Autistic and value incentives much differently from typical children. Trading card rare items have been a beautiful addition to our lives. As have Webkinz actually...they can relate and understand virtual pets and their needs so much easier than actual living things. My daughter has just made leaps and bounds since we introduced them to webkinz.

So...with so much joy riding on those little codes, I always feel slightly irked when their feature code gives them cash...or when they get an item you can pick up in the wee hours at the curio shop...like a rainbow wig.

Last edited by Sparrowbug; 05-20-2008 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
Yea I am .....
Gifted

stlpeeps will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Online places to buy boxes of trading cards for cheap?

You know--I have bought both. I like the Series 1 better. More cash and rares. The series 2 has alot of Wshop prizes which I can buy myself. But I think it takes less cards to finish the album on series 2. And I do like the gamer's outdoor theme.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:31 AM   #3
gramma2az

Gramma2AZ is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Sparrowbug

I just realized I'm buying a pack for $2.99 around here and if you times that by 36... Yick. We've started using the cards in place of an allowance or for bribery on the bad days. So, I've been keeping a stash in my purse, but I'm thinking I should bite the bullet and get them on-line.

I've noticed that a lot of the Series 1 items aren't so rare anymore. Is there any reason to buy Series One if you're not heavily invested in either?

Oh...and before anyone thinks I'm a strange parent, both my kids are Autistic and value incentives much differently from typical children. Trading card rare items have been a beautiful addition to our lives. As have Webkinz actually...they can relate and understand virtual pets and their needs so much easier than actual living things. My daughter has just made leaps and bounds since we introduced them to webkinz.

So...with so much joy riding on those little codes, I always feel slightly irked when their feature code gives them cash...or when they get an item you can pick up in the wee hours at the curio shop...like a rainbow wig.
http://webvirtualtoy.com/index/html This site has a good price for a box of cards.

I ordered a box and even though I had to pay an additional $16.00 for sh/h(I'm from Canada) it was still cheaper than buying individually. If you are from the states then they offer free shipping(IDK if this is all the time?) It works out to approx.$1.88 per pack.

You sound like a great Mom. I'm sure your kids would be delighted to receive a whole box of cards. Their prices are pretty good for other items as well, but the charms are a bit over the top, but that seems to be the case no matter where you go.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:33 AM   #4
SewToby
Gift Guru

LittleDog knows the way
LittleDog knows the wayLittleDog knows the wayLittleDog knows the way

Good for you Mom! It's wonderful that you've found something fun, challenging, and something you and your kids can do together. I work in a school for medically fragile and autistic kids, and also use the card prizes as incentives. I have bought random packs and a couple of boxes, and have found that although I can budget for the random packs better, you get more bang for your buck in terms of prizes with the boxes (but you tend to go through them faster!). I have only bought at www.webvirtualtoy.com The packs come out to about $1.66-$1.75 a pack. Alot of times she has free shipping...so look for that. I usually open the packs and "mail" the prizes, so as not to have any disappointments. You can look for pix of the varying prizes with each series online, I am sure its posted here somewhere-maybe do a search?

:wt:
LittleDog is offline Female
Old 05-20-2008, 05:36 AM   #5
gramma2az

Gramma2AZ is on a distinguished road

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...d-t272816.html

Here is the thread by "zhava" regarding the site. My post is regarding the series 2 cards.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:47 AM   #6
SewToby
Gift Guru

LittleDog knows the way
LittleDog knows the wayLittleDog knows the wayLittleDog knows the way

Just wanted to add if you read through the thread, "Comparison of codes..." in this section, you can see the breakdown of awarded prizes.

:wt:
LittleDog is offline Female
Old 05-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #7
Multiple - Just Ask
Gift Guru

thellamalady is a jewel in the roughthellamalady is a jewel in the rough

I've also bought from the virtual web toys site when they are running their free shipping specials. I've also bought several boxes from ebay. Just make sure you take a look at the sellers feedback to be sure that they are legit and then bide your time.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #8
Charis01
Gift Guru

Me2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud of

Just thought I would pass along a warning about Ebay- I had a friend who bought cards off them and they all turned out to be used, so be very careful when buying online. And have you through about maybe asking at your local store if you buy a box if they will give you a discount. Especially if you alaways go to that one store.
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Old 05-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #9
addict
Gifted

chinnell has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Sparrowbug

I bought alot (6 boxes) of trading cards 2boxes series 1 and 4 boxex series 2 and i had free shipping...they have their free shipping going on now and if you want to buy the series 1 cards buy the single packs they are on sale and comes out cheaper if you buy them as single packs. If you want the series it is cheaper to buy by the box....Hopes this helps.and she ships very fast I get all my things in 2days...www.webvirtualtoys.com... she also has stuff on e-bay and she is under the name specialty toy store...
Old 05-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #10
amyep
Gift Guru

hoppy555 is on a distinguished road

my store offers a discount on multiple pack purchases, we bought 10 one time and they knocked off 25%.. maybe you should ask your retailer?
hoppy555 is offline Female
Closed