Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Trading Cards & Accessories

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 01:16 PM   #181
Join RPC
Gifted

KinzGirl99 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: My letter to Ganz ~ virtual trading cards

I'm torn over the cards. I, too, have spent my fair share of cash on them. Just the other day I told my daughter NO MORE. She spent 11.00 on a few packs whilst purchasing a lil kinz and she got diddly. She could have bought another lil kinz and at least wound up with two exclusives and some KC and a plushie for the same price.
I've begun to think that it is set up on some sort of lottery system. There is NO way that each code has a predetermined item. It's just too much work, I believe they just randomly hand stuff out with each code.

My friend is hooked on the cards. Girlfriend has spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on them and only wound up with very few things.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #182
hockeyplayrj
Gifted

hockeylover will become famous soon enough

nice job i would neverrrr in a million year have enough courage to do that
Old 07-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #183
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by danahere2
UPDATE~~~~
I got an e~mail from them and called the number. I talked to the guy and told him pretty much what I said in my letter. He kept saying that the codes and gifts are a BONUS, not what the product was intended for. It was intended for kids to buy 10 packs, to play the game. Not to try and collect every piece of each theme and unlock the prizes, or for KIDS to unlock the prizes. They don't expect kids to spend the kind of $ some of us have. I said something about most of the prizes not being worth the money spent on the cards., and he said that is was just random. I KNOW that.............. what I mean was......... WHY do you even HAVE to include the gack, the W~shop outfits, the minimal amounts of KC, etc. If you are going to include the codes, at least make them worth while for the kids. What kids wants to spend 4.00 and get gack. He kept going on and on about the cards and collecting them and playing the game. I told him that the majority of the people really don't care about the cards. We are trying to get the themes and unlock the prizes. blah, blah, blah......brick wall. he acted like there wasn't any choice but to have the gack etc. as a prize. I asked WHY they had to include those in the choices at all...... they had to program in what the prizes were, in the first place...... don't include those kinds of things. He tried to say that Webkinz was based on an economy and they have to keep the balance. HUH?????? It's a VIRTUAL game and play area for KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!! He also kept saying, over and over, that the codes were like playing the lottery, you just take your chances. Again, I said, but this is for KIDS............... personally, I think we have better chances with the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do have the # of the supervisor. I haven't called her yet. Not sure anything will do any good.

After spending over $500.00 REAL money on these cards...... and STILL not opening all the prizes......... I shot off a letter to Ganz this morning................. I posted here just so that I can blow off a little more steam. I'm so ticked!!!!

( a section of my letter was partially copied from other people but changed to suit what I needed to say, thanks if It was your post I used)
~Dana~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
Let me start off by saying that I truly enjoy playing Webkinz and watching my kids play…………… However………………
I have a huge…… no…… HUGE complaint about your virtual cards and their prizes.
I was under the assumption that Webkinz was a site for KIDS to come and play and enjoy themselves. Unfortunately I feel that the public has been WAY mislead.
I as a parent have been helping my kids complete their virtual binder to unlock the “great” prizes that you are offering for completing a set of cards. So far we have spent OVER $500.00, not in kinz cash, but REAL money. And we still need Three Webkinz Doodlez cards ( Kinzville homes, Dragon Bed and Goober ) to complete the final set and unlock the grand prize trophy that you feel is worth over $500.00.
I am NOT alone in the amount I have spent. I am in contact with several hundred other parents that are on Webkinz, and they have either spent more than that or are on their way to spending that, or have just gotten so frustrated that they have given up. I myself am giving up. I will not buy any more cards just to receive a window that I don’t think is a very good prize or a trophy, that although, I would really like to have, isn’t worth another 100.00. The last 20~30 packs of cards I’ve opened I haven’t gotten one of the three I need. From my calculations and compared to those of others this is how we estimate the prizes to be given out……………………….

50% of the codes produced cash and coupons. One time only the amount was over $1000 kc, most of the time the kc was below 200

40% of the codes produced groceries, outfits, recipe items, regular dice packs, and exclusives, all of which I can get with out paying 4.00 for a pack of cards.

That leaves 10% giving new items.

( This doesn’t include the few times I’ve heard that you get gack )

I believe that as big of a company as Ganz is you could be a little more giving and generous with VIRTUAL items!!

It also wouldn't hurt you to give away decent prizes in each and every pack. These are intended for kids, and I think more kids will be disappointed with the items they unlock with the special codes than not. It almost seems like some of the "prizes" are intended to be booby prizes. Well, when you are spending real money for virtual items, and doing it mainly for children, I just feel there shouldn't be ANY booby prizes at all. Every pack of cards should produce prizes that make the children happy. Otherwise, where is the motivation for purchasing these cards? Just the fact that you need to fill entire binders and categories to get really special prizes should be enough to keep people interested in purchasing them. If I thought there were great gifts in every pack, I would keep buying them, and trying to fill my binder. Now, not so much enthusiasm for buying cards that are going to fill my dock with w-shop clothes, food, and coupons. There shouldn't be such a gamble when you are purchasing children's trading cards. My children have to work for their allowance. With their list of chores, they only get up to 10.00 a week. If you had a child and they spend 4.00 of their money on a pack of card and only got a w shop outfit or 67kc……. How would your child feel and how would that make YOU feel????

Help me understand the logic of not giving a child break...........These are virtual items and have NO real cash value. How does it hurt your mulit~million dollar company to give stuff out that keeps the kids happy??????

By the way……….. we have over 170+ Webkinz in our household.

Dana Gore
kennamaye

Wow, good for you to speak your mind, and to tell Ganz how you were feeling. Congrats!

The only thing I could think of for them doing that is for the thrill of wondering what you get, which I find to be a pretty stupid answer, so I am in agreement with you. Even though I have never bought any trading card, I understand how you feel. Thanks for sharing your story!
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-25-2007, 03:05 PM   #184
Gift Guru

loveswebkinz3200 will become famous soon enough

Wow that's a powerful letter
loveswebkinz3200 is offline Male
Old 07-25-2007, 03:49 PM   #185
snazzykinz

its rediculous, i only got 1 code and 1 virtual vard pack code in 1 pack and 4 in another. they should have more cards in each pack because they r really not worth $3-$4 for 5 cards. atleast have 4-5 codes as a definate per pack! and there should be more pet secret codes in them
Old 07-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #186
Gifted

queenbee007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm totally there with you in the disappointing prizes that they give you. I mean at least if they gave us $500 in food or $500 of KC in each one it would be great. It isn't like it is costing them anything on there end. It is a HUGE let down when you buy a pack and get excited about going home to see what you "won" and then getting gak or a poster for your wall of some random thing..this has happened to me with the few packs I bought. Now, in regards to Ganz's lottery argument there are a few points I would like to bring up. First, a lotto ticket costs a $1.00 to buy not $4.00 and the person gets put into a pool to win real money, which means the companies behind the lotto have to payout real money to the winners. This can get costly. On the otherhand, KC is virtual money as are the prizes and it doesn't cost them any more to be generous than it does to be stingy. If they are trying to balance supply and demand, they can still do that by establishing different levels of gifts, like in Curio Shop, that won't have everyone getting a great prize every time but at least they would get a decent one. IF they keep arguing this is supposed to be for kids, then they should make it easier not harder for them to get a sense of satisfaction. Many kids work extra chores to earn real money to spend on these items so they should make it worth it.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:27 AM   #187
janesosquare
Gift Guru

missquarejane is just really nicemissquarejane is just really nice

the bottom line IS the bottom line... their's. think of it this way. if each pack gave you say 500 kzcash free, and each kid bought 20 packs, they would be rolling in the kzcash and wouldn't pressure mama and dad to rush out and get them another webkinz. my daughter definately starts tugging on my sleeve when her kz is getting low... and not just because she wants another kinz but more because there's an echo in her virtual wallet.
missquarejane is offline Female
Old 07-27-2007, 02:04 AM   #188
aslandthelion
Gift Guru

aslandthelion is on a distinguished road

I think you should at least be able to trade the cards online with friends, they are called trading cards. Instead we have to keep several duplicates in binders that do no good. I don't buy them anymore, not until they change the way you get prizes and can't trade them. I have received duplicates within the same pack even. What are they thinking?
Closed