Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Trading Cards & Accessories

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 02:00 AM   #11
smallville89
Gift Guru

danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!

Default Re: Concerned about charms recall? Read this!

My retailer said that for her, at least, Ganz is not currently taking any more orders for charms. However, I do not know if that is the case for everyone, or if they have a number of backorders that have to be filled before filling new orders. I do know that they have not been seen anywhere in my area, for awhile, since they first came out. I for one was never concerned about lead. I just wonder with all of the new releases and new products of they are maybe revamping their line? Just speculation, of course....
danathorn is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2007, 03:11 AM   #12
Gift Guru

WesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by cynalot
nr7769 was concerned when this rumour first started its rounds and she tested the charms herself and posted her findings......
Thank you so much for posting that!!!! I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing all these threads about "charms recall". Enough already!! You'd better believe that we would know without question if they were legitimately recalled. You guys (Mods/Admins/Justin/Wendy....Someone) should do a "sticky" post about the findings and the fact that they have not (at this time anyways) been recalled. It would probably help cut down on all the un-necessary threads popping up everyday.

Even with this "scare" and paranoia about lead, it sure hasn't halted the sale of them on ebay!! They are selling at ridiculous amounts of $$!!! I had some extra charms that I didn't need...So, a few days ago I put up 3 different listings on ebay. One of the 3 listings was for a group of 6 different charms (Pug, Pig, Elephant, Poncho, Gorilla, Tree Frog). The auction ended last nite and I was absolutely AMAZED at the final price! When I bought them, I paid $2.49 each ($14.94 total) and they sold for a total of $43.17!!!!! FOR 6 CHARMS!!! Can you believe that?? That's over $7 per charm! I am sooooo glad we got our full set right away when they were released!

Last edited by WesleyKinz; 12-16-2007 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: It's late......can't spell!!!
WesleyKinz is offline Female
Old 12-16-2007, 09:50 AM   #13
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by danathornberg
My retailer said that for her, at least, Ganz is not currently taking any more orders for charms. However, I do not know if that is the case for everyone, or if they have a number of backorders that have to be filled before filling new orders. I do know that they have not been seen anywhere in my area, for awhile, since they first came out. I for one was never concerned about lead. I just wonder with all of the new releases and new products of they are maybe revamping their line? Just speculation, of course....
I was right there with you, I never once thought about lead in the charms.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 12-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #14
malaika7604
Gifted

mamadeja is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the helpful information
Old 12-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #15
daffodil92
Webkinz :)
Jadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJadzia radiates beauty and kindness all around

I don't want to scare people, but they did do a report on the CBS morning show recently that stated that the home tests are not reliable.

The complete article is located at the following site, I just clipped the pertinent info. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3390971.shtml
But the Consumer Product Safety Commission said Monday that its own testing found most of the tests are "unreliable."

"Many of the tests performed using the kits did not detect lead when it was there (false negatives); some indicated lead was present when it was not (false positives)," the commission said. "Of 104 total test results, more than half were false negatives, and two were false positives.

And while Ganz has continued to deny unsafe lead levels, there is a suit against them in Vermont and they have agreed to pull all non-children's metal products from retail stores in Vermont. See:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...2/vt_lead.html
I just found this article through google.

I wouldn't say don't buy the charms, I just wouldn't let your children wear them.

Jadzia
Old 12-16-2007, 08:31 PM   #16
Webkinz :)
Timmermann3 is an unknown quantity at this point

im not concerned i dont have charms
Old 12-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #17
hat Would Jesus Do?
Gift Guru

rockwellqz4 has a brilliant futurerockwellqz4 has a brilliant futurerockwellqz4 has a brilliant futurerockwellqz4 has a brilliant futurerockwellqz4 has a brilliant future

All,

At least one Public Health Department has discovered high lead levels in charms from Ganz, that turn out to be 96 times the FDA limit:

http://safekidssaintcharles.org/inde...d=38&Itemid=32

Note - the word "WEBKINZ" is conspicuously absent. There would be only two reasons for that: the calculator charm mentioned is really not from WW but from another GANZ product line, or there is a major coverup occuring.

While my older daughter has a charm bracelet and a few charms, she is responsible enough not to put them into her mouth. My younger daughter will not see the WW charms.

Other forums also discuss the possibility of high lead levels:

http://*****************tag/webkinz/fo...x2CIM2V56R0WPR

http://chiclit.***************/art/Le...ecall-67235692

Please keep in mind; if Ganz can mis-speak about not selling out to WalMart, then selling to WalMart, they can mis-speak about other things, such as which product lines really have impossibly high lead content. As our own childrens' own - and sometimes, ONLY - advocates, there is no substitute for good old-fashioned parenting.

Caveat Emptor - "buyer beware."
rockwellqz4 is offline Male
Closed