Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Trading Cards & Accessories

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #11
lolly247z
Webkinz :)

piggy17 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Charms

they have them at hallmark
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #12

elianacat is on a distinguished road

There aren't any anywhere in Los Angeles. And we've got almost as many Hallmark's as Starbucks around here.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #13
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by wjdlz
heres the real story well first i asked the clerk why isnt there any charms then my mom asked and he said to my mom that theres lead and they dont tell the children that but my mom told me
That is not the real story. Charms were recalled as a precaution and tested for lead but were found to be safe.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #14
yournotme
Gift Guru

yournotme is a WI addict!
yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

I live in NY I found some last Saturday in a Hallmark in the mall, and some more this morning in gift store. I think shipments are going back out now.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #15
alrox531 is an unknown quantity at this point

i can't seem to find any in my local stores, so i bought 1 on ebay ($ just so that i can get access to the charm forest
Old 03-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #16

animallover067 is an unknown quantity at this point

I reserched a bit about that and I think what happend was that other ganz products had lead in them and they stoped production to do a lead test and hold court.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #17

trufflespeanut is on a distinguished road

Yes they were and it stinks!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #18

elianacat is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by yournotme
I live in NY I found some last Saturday in a Hallmark in the mall, and some more this morning in gift store. I think shipments are going back out now.
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but that just doesn't make sense. The charms come in from China into the Port of Los Angeles/Port of San Pedro. It makes no sense then that the charms would surface on the East Coast first when they get to the West Coast first.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #19
not Tina55 in WW
Gift Guru
tina55 has a spectacular aura about

If charms had been found to have contained lead, I believe Ganz would have issued a recall. Especially because they are geared for children. They didn't. There was a hang up with shipping them though. That was from a Ganz representative. Our stores about 60 miles east of LA still have them though.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:03 AM   #20
IndianPrincess

There are so many stories. I live in NJ and can't find charms. Hallmark & other gift shops have given me the lead paint story too, & I believe them since they are made in China. The charms I have I got on Ebay, and sellers are really taking advantage of the fact that they just can't be gotten out in the stores.
Closed